Just got my 15000 this weekend - have a question

Sheri-A

I'm super excited.  I was able to get a good deal which delighted me because my new machine had been used in a quilt expo.  The embroidery kit was unopened, but the machine box was open and because of the bobbin thread, I knew it had been used.  When I did an inventory, the hoop ASQ22 was missing.  Would it have been packed with the machine or embroidery set?

I will call the dealer tomorrow, but I must say I am nervous.  The main reason I purchased this wonderful machine was to be able to quilt in the hoop.

Jane Dunne

Yes it should be in the box! Yes call your dealer immediately!
Jane

Sent from my iPad

Julie

The largest hoop is packed in the box where the machine is.  It’s on one of the long sides.  I wish Janome had put them in the same box also – all it would have taken was to make the box slightly bigger.  I can get all of my hoops in that box but then have to put something around it to hold it shut.  You are probably not missing the largest hoop.  Just look on the side of your biggest box.

Julie in TX

Idatys

Yes, you should have the ASQ22, its heavy template, and the 8 magnetic clamps for it. Check also for the AcuFil DVD ...you need it to do the AcuFil quilting in the hoop.
Ida

In beautiful, historic San Antonio

Claire Schutz

Ida, the mention the AcuFil DVD, is this the "Instructional DVD"?  I must have missed that the first time I watched it.  Please let me know as that and the install DVD are the only two I have,  Claire S.

On 4/21/2014 7:35 AM, Idatys wrote:

Yes, you should have the ASQ22, its heavy template, and the 8 magnetic clamps for it. Check also for the AcuFil DVD ...you need it to do the AcuFil quilting in the hoop.
Ida

In beautiful, historic San Antonio

mjdutro@...

That hoop and the software is a separate deal.  It is pricey.  You can find quilt designs on line and use the SQ23 if you are able to hoop the quilt sandwich.  The advantage of the ASQ22 are the extra heavy magnets for the one piece hoop.

Martie in CA

Claire Schutz

Which hoop are you referring to?  I have 14,23,GR,ASQ22, and FA10    Claire S.

On 4/21/2014 12:24 PM, mjdutro@... wrote:

That hoop and the software is a separate deal.  It is pricey.  You can find quilt designs on line and use the SQ23 if you are able to hoop the quilt sandwich.  The advantage of the ASQ22 are the extra heavy magnets for the one piece hoop.

Martie in CA

Pam Davison

Check your instruction manual - ir lists everything thing that comes with the machine.  BTW there was no AcuFil DVD.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Ida, the mention the AcuFil DVD, is this the "Instructional DVD"?  I must have missed that the first time I watched it.  Please let me know as that and the install DVD are the only two I have,  Claire S.

On 4/21/2014 7:35 AM, Idatys wrote:

Yes, you should have the ASQ22, its heavy template, and the 8 magnetic clamps for it. Check also for the AcuFil DVD ...you need it to do the AcuFil quilting in the hoop.
Ida

In beautiful, historic San Antonio

Claire Schutz

Pam, did that because I was getting confused which is not difficult these days.  The software she is referring to is in HorizonLink which is stated in the manual on pg 144. Will work on this as well and take a class is my dealer has one, thanks, Claire S.

On 4/21/2014 2:21 PM, Pam Davison wrote:

Check your instruction manual - ir lists everything thing that comes with the machine.  BTW there was no AcuFil DVD.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Ida, the mention the AcuFil DVD, is this the "Instructional DVD"?  I must have missed that the first time I watched it.  Please let me know as that and the install DVD are the only two I have,  Claire S.

On 4/21/2014 7:35 AM, Idatys wrote:

Yes, you should have the ASQ22, its heavy template, and the 8 magnetic clamps for it. Check also for the AcuFil DVD ...you need it to do the AcuFil quilting in the hoop.
Ida

In beautiful, historic San Antonio

Sheri-A

Thanks for the feedback!  My dealer called and said to come by and pick up the missing hoop.