needle positions

Gail

I've had my 15000 for a couple of weeks now and was trying to do some topstitching today.  I wanted to nudge my needle over a couple of positions and couldn't figure out how to do it.  I had the 8900 previously and I could move the needle to both sides.  How do I do this on the 15000.

Gail

With a nudge Jim awakes and speaks:

Needle position is changed with the width control, as on all Janome computerized machines. However if you have the straight stitch needle plate on, it won't allow you to do that.

Gail

I guess I can't do what I was trying to do.  I wanted to use the blanket stitch with the stitch in the ditch (S) foot and wanted to move the needle to the left so it was right along my edge.  If the only way to move the needle is with the width control, I think I'm stuck.

 Crawling out from under the blanket, Jim says:

The blanket stitch in the Application screen expands using the expand key (arrow at the top). This reveals additional settings for width, length, and needle position (oval).

Claire Schutz

Gail, having recently purchased the 15K I would also suggest you follow the manual.  This is the first time any manual actually showed you how to move, etc. the needle and st lengths.  I mean it shows which button to tap.  Currently the book is by my side.  Claire S.