Topics

Acufil webinar

Gail

I just watched the webinar and thought it gave a lot of information.  One question I have is how do you mark your quilt to start with.  Do you draw the number of squares that you need for hooping on your quilt, then draw the center crosses in them?

Hoping to hear from you

Gail

suemonin

Gail,  I wondered about that too!  Seems though they just just started in the upper left hand corner.  I would think things would be better if you found the exact center and worked out on each side from there.

Has anyone else have any comments?

Thanks,
Sue on WNY

On Apr 1, 2014 12:54 AM, <gail_menard@...> wrote:

I just watched the webinar and thought it gave a lot of information.  One question I have is how do you mark your quilt to start with.  Do you draw the number of squares that you need for hooping on your quilt, then draw the center crosses in them?

Hoping to hear from you

Gail

joylaytor

The directions in the 15000 manual do say to mark all vertical and horizontal center points for each hooping on the entire quilt and I think it says to start in the center of the quilt and work out.  You may also want to baste the quilt with spray or thread.  There is a thread basting option for just this purpose.
Joy

Nicole Schmidt-Nutt

In reading about the Acufil they suggest staring in the middle and working your way to the outside.  At least that's what I've seen.

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:18 PM, Susan Militello wrote:

Gail,  I wondered about that too!  Seems though they just just started in the upper left hand corner.  I would think things would be better if you found the exact center and worked out on each side from there.
Has anyone else have any comments?
Thanks,
Sue on WNY
On Apr 1, 2014 12:54 AM, <gail_menard@...> wrote:

I just watched the webinar and thought it gave a lot of information.  One question I have is how do you mark your quilt to start with.  Do you draw the number of squares that you need for hooping on your quilt, then draw the center crosses in them?

Hoping to hear from you
Gail

shejmartin1

I also watched this and wished they had explained the marking of the quilt and placing of templates better.

I don't think that the stitching is going to exactly cover the quilt, is it?  Won't there either be some going into the batting or possibly not going clear to the end of the quilt?.  I know when I did the only one I've done so far, I got a message that I would have 2 inches not quilted or something.  Wouldn't that have to somehow be taken care of?  So if you start clear in the upper left corner like they seemed to be doing, couldn't you possibly leave part of the quilt not quilted.  I wish I could take a class from someone who knows what they are doing.

Nicole Schmidt-Nutt

What I did was use basting spray and did the sew in the middle lines then I started using th acufil to do the designs.

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 2:02 PM, nicole schmidt wrote:

[...]

Pam Davison

I just sent Janome Support asking them to keep the webinars coming and to update the webinar with showing how to mark the fabric and how to do the first re-hooping.

I figure the most they can tell me is no.

Sent from Windows Mail

On Tuesday, April 1, 2014 12:18 PM, Susan Militello <suemili48@...> wrote:

Gail,  I wondered about that too!  Seems though they just just started in the upper left hand corner.  I would think things would be better if you found the exact center and worked out on each side from there.
Has anyone else have any comments?
Thanks,
Sue on WNY
On Apr 1, 2014 12:54 AM, <gail_menard@...> wrote:

I just watched the webinar and thought it gave a lot of information.  One question I have is how do you mark your quilt to start with.  Do you draw the number of squares that you need for hooping on your quilt, then draw the center crosses in them?

Hoping to hear from you
Gail

Pam Davison

Here is the response I got back from Janome:

In AcuFil you print a layout template, showing how many hoopings are required for the design you have selected and a full size individual template of the design.

Start quilting in the center part of your quilt, using the individual template for hoop placement.  Stitch your design.  Moving either to the right or to the left, continue using the template for fabric placement, stitch.  Our Educator likes to stitch in a circular arrangement, using the template for fabric placement.

Depending on what pattern you have selected and the creativity of your quilt, our Educator finds that using the template for fabric placement as the quilting progresses is easier than trying to mark a grid on the quilt.

Should your dealer be unable to assist you with the operation of your machine or with using an accessory, your dealer can reach out to Janome to find the answer for you.

Sent from Windows Mail

[...]

When I open this email, Janome's response is missing.  Part of it shows up in the headline.