Picking up my new machine tomorrow!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Tomorrow is the big day when I pick up the 15000!  I'm so excited and thanks to posts here I'll make sure the quilting arm attaches and works before I leave the shop.  I'm also going to inquire if there's a spring issue with the needle threader and get directions on how to use it.
Are there any other specific things I should be looking for before I leave the shop?  It's quite a distance from my house.
Thank you.

m1955seamstress

Congratulations!  I just got mine last Thursday!  I initially had one the previous Saturday but brought it home and had major problems with the embroidery unit locking everything up.  So my dealer had to ship it back.  So because of my experience, I'd say definitely make sure it stitches fine and have them put the embroidery unit on the machine and stitch out an embroidery pattern.  Chances are everything will be fine!  But especially if you have a long distance to go I'd advise that!

Then just make sure all the accessories are in the boxes.  Some were in the box with the machine and some were in the box for the embroidery unit.  A few things are in the machine itself.  The dealer's daughter had me unpack all the feet, etc. and put in the accessory box as she checked them off on the list in the front of the manual.

I'm taking a class next week which will catch me up with a couple other ladies and then I hope to take some future classes my dealer's daughter will be giving.

For my first project with my new 15000 I am altering some slacks for my husband. Six pair!  Not exactly what I envisioned for my first project but I'm looking forward to making some beautiful things with my newest fancy, smancey Janome! :)

Marla, in chilly but sunny Indiana :)

Pam Davison

The walking foot “teeth” was broken off so be sure to check the walking feet.  Also the silver part of my button hole foot had come loose.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎26‎, ‎2014 ‎10‎:‎06‎ ‎AM
To: janome12000@...

Tomorrow is the big day when I pick up the 15000!  I'm so excited and thanks to posts here I'll make sure the quilting arm attaches and works before I leave the shop.  I'm also going to inquire if there's a spring issue with the needle threader and get directions on how to use it.
Are there any other specific things I should be looking for before I leave the shop?  It's quite a distance from my house.
Thank you.

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Marla,
Thank you!  It was your experience that alerted me to the fact that I needed to check out the machine before bringing it home, especially the embroidery arm.  Usually, I'd just assume that of course it would work being a new machine.  My dealer is going to go over all of it with me and they seemed surprised that I'd even ask so that's a good sign.  Not sure when my first lesson will be as they give them as private lessons and don't have any group lessons.  That's the one thing I'm miss when buying this machine. This dealer doesn't offer fun projects that you can do as a group.  I'll wait and see what I can do on my own and then schedule lessons for what I need help with.  I'm spending today getting my sewing room prepared for the new machine.  I have a quilt in progress on my Juki 2010 so I won't be able to work on that but I want to check out the embroidery soon!
Glad your initial problems with the machine worked out so well.  I was following along here!

Pam Davison

Be sure and go to the Janome site.  It has a project book specifically for the 15000.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Wednesday‎, ‎March‎ ‎26‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎19‎ ‎PM

Marla,
Thank you!  It was your experience that alerted me to the fact that I needed to check out the machine before bringing it home, especially the embroidery arm.  Usually, I'd just assume that of course it would work being a new machine.  My dealer is going to go over all of it with me and they seemed surprised that I'd even ask so that's a good sign.  Not sure when my first lesson will be as they give them as private lessons and don't have any group lessons.  That's the one thing I'm miss when buying this machine. This dealer doesn't offer fun projects that you can do as a group.  I'll wait and see what I can do on my own and then schedule lessons for what I need help with.  I'm spending today getting my sewing room prepared for the new machine.  I have a quilt in progress on my Juki 2010 so I won't be able to work on that but I want to check out the embroidery soon!
Glad your initial problems with the machine worked out so well.  I was following along here!

m1955seamstress

Well, I do think my experience was unusual.  Thankfully, my dealer was very willing to get me a replacement machine right away!  It arrived in his store two days after he called!  I've never had issues with my Janome machines except a tension issue with my 12000.  But the dealer I had at the time worked on that for me.

I just finished altering some slacks for my husband and instead of using a tack stitch on the belt loops, I used a zig zag stitch and changed the stitch and width settings.  And I learned how to save that stitch on the Favorite Stitches option!  So cool!  I already can tell I'm falling in love with how my 15000 stitches!

I'm basically a garment seamstress learning more about couture sewing and have done some heirloom sewing in the past couple years, but I also do some machine embroidery and have even dabbled a little in some small quilted projects.  I might just have to make a small quilt one of these days and learn how to use the AcuFil!

Enjoy your machine!  I know I am so far and I have so much to learn! 

Marla

Tony Coley

Insure it is Version 1.04. Dealer can update if necessary.
Tony in Alabama

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 7:27 PM, "m1955seamstress@..." wrote:

Congratulations!  I just got mine last Thursday!  I initially had one the previous Saturday but brought it home and had major problems with the embroidery unit locking everything up.  So my dealer had to ship it back.  So because of my experience, I'd say definitely make sure it stitches fine and have them put the embroidery unit on the machine and stitch out an embroidery pattern.  Chances are everything will be fine!  But especially if you have a long distance to go I'd advise that!

Then just make sure all the accessories are in the boxes.  Some were in the box with the machine and some were in the box for the embroidery unit.  A few things are in the machine itself.  The dealer's daughter had me unpack all the feet, etc. and put in the accessory box as she checked them off on the list in the front of the manual.

I'm taking a class next week which will catch me up with a couple other ladies and then I hope to take some future classes my dealer's daughter will be giving.

For my first project with my new 15000 I am altering some slacks for my husband. Six pair!  Not exactly what I envisioned for my first project but I'm looking forward to making some beautiful things with my newest fancy, smancey Janome! :)

Marla, in chilly but sunny Indiana :)

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Thank you for that information!  New machine came home today, I have all parts and it works! 
Checked out the 15000 project book but I won't be making the wedding dress anytime soon!  I'm busy trying to find out where and how to store all this new stuff.  Thought I had it all planned out but I forgot about the hoops and the bag for the embroidery arm.   Lots to learn about and lots of stabilizer to buy!  Too bad I can't find a "sample pack".  Question:  The Janome bobbin thread says "100/2".  Do you know if 100 really the weight?  That seems very thin.

Kaye Lessard

You will love the mc15000- I do
You might want to look for the angel wings in the designs on it- they are gorgeous !!
Now a question? Has anyone been having issues with the needle threader? Mine will work when it wants to - dealer has adjusted it 2x already. The last time I broke a needle and it stopped working- just wondering if there is some issues I can tell me dealer who is a great repair lady!! But I have the first mc15-
Kaye in la

Sent from my iPhone

ccaseber <ccaseber@...>

Read your manual about what size needles and threads you can use with the automatic needle threaders. Some needle eyes are too small for heavier threads and you have to thread by hand. This wasn't pointed out to me till I broke the threader and had to replace it.

Sent from my iPad
Carol Caseber

On Mar 28, 2014, at 1:33 AM, Kaye Lessard <ekay50@...> wrote:

You will love the mc15000- I do
You might want to look for the angel wings in the designs on it- they are gorgeous !!
Now a question? Has anyone been having issues with the needle threader? Mine will work when it wants to - dealer has adjusted it 2x already. The last time I broke a needle and it stopped working- just wondering if there is some issues I can tell me dealer who is a great repair lady!! But I have the first mc15-
Kaye in la

Sent from my iPhone

Claire Schutz

Pam, I looked for the book  but couldn't find it.  Do you mean the "projects" listed on their web site?  Claire S.

On 3/26/2014 4:33 PM, Pam Davison wrote:

Be sure and go to the Janome site.  It has a project book specifically for the 15000.

Sent from Windows Mail

Marla,

Pam Davison

Yes it is under the project here is the link.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎April‎ ‎10‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎37‎ ‎PM

Pam, I looked for the book  but couldn't find it.  Do you mean the "projects" listed on their web site?  Claire S.

Sent from Windows Mail

Marla,

Claire Schutz

Thanks, Claire s.

On 4/10/2014 5:16 PM, Pam Davison wrote:

Yes it is under the project here is the link.

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎April‎ ‎10‎, ‎2014 ‎4‎:‎37‎ ‎PM

Sent from Windows Mail

Marla,