Picking up my new machine tomorrow!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Tomorrow is the big day when I pick up the 15000!  I'm so excited and thanks to posts here I'll make sure the quilting arm attaches and works before I leave the shop.  I'm also going to inquire if there's a spring issue with the needle threader and get directions on how to use it.
Are there any other specific things I should be looking for before I leave the shop?  It's quite a distance from my house.
Thank you.

m1955seamstress

Congratulations!  I just got mine last Thursday!  I initially had one the previous Saturday but brought it home and had major problems with the embroidery unit locking everything up.  So my dealer had to ship it back.  So because of my experience, I'd say definitely make sure it stitches fine and have them put the embroidery unit on the machine and stitch out an embroidery pattern.  Chances are everything will be fine!  But especially if you have a long distance to go I'd advise that!

Then just make sure all the accessories are in the boxes.  Some were in the box with the machine and some were in the box for the embroidery unit.  A few things are in the machine itself.  The dealer's daughter had me unpack all the feet, etc. and put in the accessory box as she checked them off on the list in the front of the manual.

I'm taking a class next week which will catch me up with a couple other ladies and then I hope to take some future classes my dealer's daughter will be giving.

For my first project with my new 15000 I am altering some slacks for my husband. Six pair!  Not exactly what I envisioned for my first project but I'm looking forward to making some beautiful things with my newest fancy, smancey Janome! :)

Marla, in chilly but sunny Indiana :)

Pam Davison

The walking foot “teeth” was broken off so be sure to check the walking feet.  Also the silver part of my button hole foot had come loose.

Sent from Windows Mail