From: shejmartin1
To: janome12000
Sent: Tue, Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am
Subject: [janome12000] Acufil stippling

I finally sat down for a few minutes and tried to figure out how to do acufil stippling.  When I enter the size of the quilt I want to stipple, a file automatically comes up as the best one to use based on the size of the quilt.

However, I want to make the stippling farther apart, which I think I can do using the Embird software I have (by enlarging a smaller design).  What I can't figure out is how to save the file so it is the one that the acufil program opens when I put in my quilt size.

I'm wondering if anyone has found some way to stipple an entire quilt with a larger stipple design then provided in the program.  I know I could stipple individual blocks but that's not what I am trying to do.

Sherry

Gail

Virginia,

Are you referring to the help files in the Acufil program or her Embird program?

Gail

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Wow, this is disappointing.  I was hoping to be able to use the entire 9.1 by 11.8 area!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Sherry,
I don't have my machine yet but found a site you might find helpful.  http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/acufil-quilting-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-stippling/

Virginia

Your help files in the Acufil program gives you the instructions how to open a JEF file.  I am not familiar with embird but as long as you can save your design in a JEF and it fits in the 8.7 8.7 sewing area you can open the design in your Acufil program. I have the Janome MBX program and  save my quilting stipple etc in a JEF and then have imported into the Acufill program with no issues using the directions in the help file.  At one time Janome had a video and free webinar on its website, you could check you tube it might be on there as well.

Virginia