Acufil stippling

shejmartin1

I finally sat down for a few minutes and tried to figure out how to do acufil stippling.  When I enter the size of the quilt I want to stipple, a file automatically comes up as the best one to use based on the size of the quilt.

However, I want to make the stippling farther apart, which I think I can do using the Embird software I have (by enlarging a smaller design).  What I can't figure out is how to save the file so it is the one that the acufil program opens when I put in my quilt size.

I'm wondering if anyone has found some way to stipple an entire quilt with a larger stipple design then provided in the program.  I know I could stipple individual blocks but that's not what I am trying to do.

Sherry

Virginia

With the Acufil program you are limited to an 8.7 x8.7 sewing area.  Multiple hooping is the only way to do a large quilt using the program. You can open a JEF design in your program look in your help files it tells you step by step.

Virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Tue, Mar 18, 2014 10:48 am
Subject: [janome12000] Acufil stippling

I finally sat down for a few minutes and tried to figure out how to do acufil stippling.  When I enter the size of the quilt I want to stipple, a file automatically comes up as the best one to use based on the size of the quilt.

However, I want to make the stippling farther apart, which I think I can do using the Embird software I have (by enlarging a smaller design).  What I can't figure out is how to save the file so it is the one that the acufil program opens when I put in my quilt size.

I'm wondering if anyone has found some way to stipple an entire quilt with a larger stipple design then provided in the program.  I know I could stipple individual blocks but that's not what I am trying to do.

Sherry

Gail

Virginia,

Are you referring to the help files in the Acufil program or her Embird program?

Gail

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Wow, this is disappointing.  I was hoping to be able to use the entire 9.1 by 11.8 area!

ceilsews <no_reply@...>

Sherry,
I don't have my machine yet but found a site you might find helpful.  http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/acufil-quilting-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-stippling/

Virginia

Your help files in the Acufil program gives you the instructions how to open a JEF file.  I am not familiar with embird but as long as you can save your design in a JEF and it fits in the 8.7 8.7 sewing area you can open the design in your Acufil program. I have the Janome MBX program and  save my quilting stipple etc in a JEF and then have imported into the Acufill program with no issues using the directions in the help file.  At one time Janome had a video and free webinar on its website, you could check you tube it might be on there as well.

Virginia

Sent: Wed, Mar 19, 2014 12:42 am
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Acufil stippling

Virginia,
Are you referring to the help files in the Acufil program or her Embird program?

Gail

shejmartin1

I printed out these directions and will try them.  The problem that I am working on now is that Embird doesn't have the ASQ22 hoop as an option for hoop size.  I tried to create a custom hoop of that size, but then when I try to open the design in the Acufil program it says the design is too big for the hoop.  I'll keep playing around and hopefully figure out something.

Sherry

Claire Schutz

Yes, this is a great site, I am new to 15K and have been reading a lot of info here.�� Check out the archives on the right side of the page.�� Claire S.

On 3/19/2014 6:31 AM, ceilsews wrote:
��

Sherry,
I don't have my machine yet but found a site you might find helpful.�� http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/acufil-quilting-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-stippling/

Virginia

Keep in mind it is the sewing are of the hoop not the actual hoop size.  e.g. Sewing area for the Acufil hoop is 8.7 x 8.7 not 9x9

Sent: Wed, Mar 19, 2014 1:50 pm
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Acufil stippling

I printed out these directions and will try them.  The problem that I am working on now is that Embird doesn't have the ASQ22 hoop as an option for hoop size.  I tried to create a custom hoop of that size, but then when I try to open the design in the Acufil program it says the design is too big for the hoop.  I'll keep playing around and hopefully figure out something.

Sherry

Virginia

You can use the GR hoop for stipple, however the Acufil program will not accept that hoop size, but if you have Janome software or another brand that accepts the GR hoop then just print your template out and use that as your guide.

Virginia

Sent: Wed, Mar 19, 2014 12:15 pm
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Acufil stippling

Wow, this is disappointing.  I was hoping to be able to use the entire 9.1 by 11.8 area!