Acufil question-editing the stipple pattern

Judy Albert

Dear group,

I am trying to do a Acufil stipple design (the default one), but I need to modify 3 of the grids because there is a design in the middle and I don’t want any stitches on the geisha’s face and hands.  I can’t delete just part of the grid (. Eg. The upper right quadrant) because it is  all one design. There is no stippling part that resembles the design of the stipple pieces. Any ideas of what I can do?

There are only 3 of the 15 grids that need modification.

Thanks in Advance

Judy in No. VA

Virginia

It probably would be impossible to do without a software program like MBX.  Where you are using the stipple that comes with the program it is pretty much what it is.  MBX (Janome software) will allow you to add stipple around an embroidery design very easily but with the Acufil it is almost impossible to do with keeping the integrity of your design.  The stipple is grouped to use as is.  I believe there is a corner design perhaps you could work with that and make your embroidery a little smaller.

virginia

-----Original Message-----
To: janome12000
Sent: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 12:05 am
Subject: [janome12000] Acufil question-editing the stipple pattern

Dear group,
I am trying to do a Acufil stipple design (the default one), but I need to modify 3 of the grids because there is a design in the middle and I don’t want any stitches on the geisha’s face and hands.  I can’t delete just part of the grid (. Eg. The upper right quadrant) because it is  all one design. There is no stippling part that resembles the design of the stipple pieces. Any ideas of what I can do?
There are only 3 of the 15 grids that need modification.
Thanks in Advance
Judy in No. VA

shejmartin1

I don't have MBX but am interested that you said the in MBX that you can add stippling around a design.

I like to do applique blocks using embroidery mode and use them as blocks in quilts.  If I had MBX could I add stippling around whatever applique I have used in a block when I go to actually quilt my quilt?  I'm assuming I would have to open the applique design in MBX and it would allow me to add stippling around it?

The reason I don't have MBX is because of how expensive it is.  Does anyone know if there are less expensive programs that would do the same thing?

Sherry in (finally a little warmer Chicago)

Virginia

yes you can.

Virginia

Sent: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 12:33 pm
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Acufil question-editing the stipple pattern

I don't have MBX but am interested that you said the in MBX that you can add stippling around a design.

I like to do applique blocks using embroidery mode and use them as blocks in quilts.  If I had MBX could I add stippling around whatever applique I have used in a block when I go to actually quilt my quilt?  I'm assuming I would have to open the applique design in MBX and it would allow me to add stippling around it?

The reason I don't have MBX is because of how expensive it is.  Does anyone know if there are less expensive programs that would do the same thing?

Norma Jeanne

Check out Embird, Sherry, its a good program and alot less money.
Norma

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 8:18 AM

gbo4

I found a link telling how to increase the space between stipple lines but haven't tried it.
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/acufil-quilting-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-stippling/
If anyone tries this, please let us know.
Georgia

Virginia

I think if you read the tutorial again it says you can enlarge the stitches in MBX and then save them as a JPX.  that means you have you to have the MBX software program to do that .

Sent: Mon, Mar 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I found a link telling how to increase the space between stipple lines but haven't tried it.
http://janomelife.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/acufil-quilting-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-stippling/
If anyone tries this, please let us know.
Georgia