From: Lynda King ;
To: ;
Subject: [janome12000] Re: 15000 update
Sent: Tue, Feb 11, 2014 1:00:02 PM

I updated on the weekend and everything is just fine.

Lynda K in Ontario Canada

Sent from my iPad

Donna Morton

I’m so glad to hear everyone’s machines are updating without any problems.  We shipped the 2 machines off to Janome Canada yesterday so it will be a couple of days before we hear anything back.  I’m anxious to hear what has gone wrong.  Initial thoughts include the 1 gigabyte USB stick I have used many times to update machines.

Donna M
Canada
http://www.snipandstitch.com

Jim Stutsman

We just got back from a convention in Vegas that had Janome techs in attendance. The "red screen of death" problem is limited to the first production run of 15000s. Their recommendation was to always use the smallest USB drive that you can when updating.

Sandra Huggins <luv2hug2@...>

Jim,

Glad you got home safely.

Mine is one of the first patch so I am not sure I can do it myself. I have old 2 gb USB stick which already been used and when it is formatted, is it ok to use it?

Sandra BC Canada

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 13, 2014, at 7:32 AM, <jim.stutsman@...> wrote:

We just got back from a convention in Vegas that had Janome techs in attendance. The "red screen of death" problem is limited to the first production run of 15000s. Their recommendation was to always use the smallest USB drive that you can when updating.

Linda Treece <shades@...>

What would be the smallest usb to use?

From: jim.stutsman@...
Date:02/13/2014 10:32 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: janome12000@...

We just got back from a convention in Vegas that had Janome techs in attendance. The "red screen of death" problem is limited to the first production run of 15000s. Their recommendation was to always use the smallest USB drive that you can when updating.

joylaytor

Jim, Perhaps Linda is referring to formating the USB to FAT32 and confusing that with the size (2GB) of the stick?
Joy

Jim Stutsman

It can be determined by the serial number, but I have no idea what the range is for the 15000. If you got yours in December it's likely that they were the 2nd run or later, since the first run was sold out after Janome Institute in August.

Linda Treece <shades@...>

My screen turned red but did not stay red and it showed the finish update as 1.04 version.  So all seems to be fine

It can be determined by the serial number, but I have no idea what the range is for the 15000. If you got yours in December it's likely that they were the 2nd run or later, since the first run was sold out after Janome Institute in August.

Sandra Huggins <luv2hug2@...>

Hi, that means mine was the first run as I bought it in October. I hope when I update to 1.04 it won't screw up! Wish the company did everything right at the first time... I only tried it out once after bringing it home as I have been sick for so long. Plan to play with it very soon and hope no problems.

Sandra BC Canada

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 14, 2014, at 6:53 AM, <jim.stutsman@...> wrote:

It can be determined by the serial number, but I have no idea what the range is for the 15000. If you got yours in December it's likely that they were the 2nd run or later, since the first run was sold out after Janome Institute in August.

Jim Stutsman

Even in October it's possible you didn't get first run. The majority of the first run went to Janome Institute and US dealers. In any case, this is not a widespread problem. As long as you use a 2GB or less USB drive that is empty when you start you should be fine.

gbporter2002@...

I could not find any thumb drive less than 8 gb and I used a clean new one for my 1.04 update for 2 machines and all went well....When I can not find a lower number I dont put many designs on the higher numbered ones and I use folders for designs with in the emb folder which works well for me......GA from OH

mslibra@...

I also bought my 15000 in October while in the States.  I've been trying to find a 2GB USB drive here but no luck - the smallest is 8GB.  I tried our Staples store and they said "good luck, try a thrift store!"  I assume that should I find a used one so long as it is clean and reformatted it should be OK? If not, any suggestions where to find one on-line?

Thanks,

Shawn, from small-town Powell River, BC