Color changes

susies.stitches@...

When the machine stops and cuts the thread do you only change the color when it moves to an entirely different spot?  I have been foilowingb the chart faithfully but at one point found out that  I was on the wrong colors,, presumably because everytime the machine stopped and cut the thread, I changed to the next color.  On previous machines I've owned, it would resume with the same color in another spot if it wasn't finished with that color.  I have now started waiting until the needle moves to an entirely different spot before changing the thread, but I'm not sure it that's right either!  Its a train design with quite a bit of shading, and I probably won't be able to tell if it's right until it's finished.  This is the first time I've stitched on  a Janome; I've had other brands before.  I have no complaints about the machine, but it's quite different from what I've had, and I'm flying blind until I can get some lessons,  I'd appreciate any comments - I tried tha manal, but couldn't find an answer. I ordered .the embroidery DVD last night, but need an answer soon!  Thanks so much for your help.

vicki chrobak

Susie (?), If Consecutive Color Grouping is ON in embroidery set menu, the machine may skip consecutive colors that are almost the same.�� Turn it OFF to get all colors on your chart.�� Ask me how I know, LOL!�� Jim helped solve it for me.
Vicki Jo

On 1/4/2014 12:10 PM, susies.stitches@... wrote:

When the machine stops and cuts the thread do you only change the color when it moves to an entirely different spot? ��I have been foilowingb the chart faithfully but at one point found out that ��I was on the wrong colors,, presumably because everytime the machine stopped and cut the thread, I changed to the next color. ��On previous machines I've owned, it would resume with the same color in another spot if it wasn't finished with that color. ��I have now started waiting until the needle moves to an entirely different spot before changing the thread, but I'm not sure it that's right either! ��Its a train design with quite a bit of shading, and I probably won't be able to tell if it's right until it's finished. ��This is the first time I've stitched on ��a Janome; I've had other brands before. ��I have no complaints about the machine, but it's quite different from what I've had, and I'm flying blind until I can get some lessons, ��I'd appreciate any comments - I tried tha manal, but couldn't find an answer. I ordered .the embroidery DVD last night, but need an answer soon! ��Thanks so much for your help.

Donna Clendaniel

The screen should tell you it is either pausing and moving to another spot using the same color  or it will tell you color change.
Donna

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Saturday, January 4, 2014 1:10:52 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Color changes

When the machine stops and cuts the thread do you only change the color when it moves to an entirely different spot?  I have been foilowingb the chart faithfully but at one point found out that  I was on the wrong colors,, presumably because everytime the machine stopped and cut the thread, I changed to the next color.  On previous machines I've owned, it would resume with the same color in another spot if it wasn't finished with that color.  I have now started waiting until the needle moves to an entirely different spot before changing the thread, but I'm not sure it that's right either!  Its a train design with quite a bit of shading, and I probably won't be able to tell if it's right until it's finished.  This is the first time I've stitched on  a Janome; I've had other brands before.  I have no complaints about the machine, but it's quite different from what I've had, and I'm flying blind until I can get some lessons,  I'd appreciate any comments - I tried tha manal, but couldn't find an answer. I ordered .the embroidery DVD last night, but need an answer soon!  Thanks so much for your help.

vickiann@...

My Janome 15000 comes to a stop & displays the words, "Color Change" at the appropriate times. 

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

I'm new to Janome and the first design I stitched, I didn't pay attention to the color bars, and when the machine stopped I just assumed the color needed changing.  It really was kind of comical, and I should have known better. All of a sudden I realized that the machine was on color 9, and I was just starting color 8. I sold both my Elissimo and Espire to buy a 12000 floor model.  My goal was not to have to finance it, and there was no way I could get a new machine, so I'll be happy with what I have.  I do like the stitch quality better on the Janome -they lock better.  If the manufacturers don't keep improving the machines, they would probalby be out of business.  My goal was to get a better quality machine than I had, and I accomplished that, so I'm not regretting my purchase.  There will always be something better.  I couldn't trade my machines even if I wanted to; my dealer only sells Janome!  Hope this helps divert the topic of 12000 vs 15000 by sharing my mistake :-)  Sue