Accufil questions

mel2sew

I know this may be a really dumb question but I am a bit unsure. Does the Accufil kit come with my 12000?   I remember the Janome rep showing me the Accufil features when I first looked at the 12000 back in February, and that is one thing that really drew me to the machine for my miniature quilts.

Anyway, now that I have the machine home, I am pretty sure I have the hoop for the Accufil and I do have some quilting designs but I find nothing in the manual about Accufil, so I am thinking that it must be a separate accessory that I have to add on.  If so, and I have the hoop, it is just a matter of software, right?

I have searched this forum for information, but none of the posts really make this clear to me.  I must be really dense because the answer is probably pretty obvious but it has been so long since I had my demo on the machine.

Thanks for helping this dummy,

Melanie

jim@...

Your 12000 came with a hoop that uses magnets, but that's not the AcuFil hoop. For the 12000 the AcuFil kit is a separate product that comes with the AcuFil hoop and software. The AcuFil comes as a standard accessory on the 15000 only. The quilting designs in the 12000 were added in the 1.10 update.

---In janome12000@..., <mel2sew@...> wrote:

[...]

VLS

No question is a dumb question.  It does not come with the 12000 unless your dealer offers it as a special.  We did that in the store I work for.  It is a great (program-hoop) and well worth the money.  I love it, I have created many of my own stippling designs.  I have done 4 baby quilts and at least 4 small wall quilts and 5 table runners so far.  If you live near the Wisconsin (the west side of the state) we are going to be offering a class on how to use the program and the hoop.  The class will be held on Nov. 16th.

Vicki S

Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:12 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Accufil questions

[...]

Linda Treece <shades@...>

NO, the Acufil is extra and expensive.

[...]

Vicki, I wish I lived in Wisconsis!  I am in Texas and have two dealers within decent driving distance.  The dealer I bought my machine from is closest and had best price on the 12000 but his class offerings & teachers are not the best.  For the educational part, I am willing to pay the money to go to the other dealer.

Melanie