Tony Coley

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." wrote:

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase?

VLS

Our shop gives a one on one for an hour on whatever they want to learn or have questions on.  Then we offer 6 or more lessons on the features and how to use the accessories for the machine.  Including horizon link, the clothsetter and Accufil.  We figure if they are going to spend that much on the machine we want them to be happy and hopefully be return customers.   The continuing lessons are done as a group.

Vicki S

From: Tony Coley
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." wrote:

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase?

Christine Drygas

Yes, our store in town gives one on one detailed instruction of the machine as well as classes designed to go over the manual and machine. That lasts at least 3 - 4 hours.  Plus they are open to any questions any day they are open. I think complete access to the store that sells you a very expensive machine should also offer good instruction on how it works.

Sent from my iPad

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase?

Judy Albert

I bought my 12000 from Pocono Sew and Vac, Stroudsburg PA and they offered a full day of free training which was awesome! The Janome educator really knew the machine.  We brought our machines and calibrated them and learned maintenance in addition to learning all the functions. It was worth the 250 mile drive. I love the embroidery on the MC12000 and had no prior experience with embroidery. And the acufil quilting is great-it comes out looking professional. Overall, I am happy that I went from a 6600 to the 12000

Judy in NoVA

mel2sew

Thanks, I guess I will call in the morning to find out what they do offer.  I do know that when I received my previous (Brother) embroidery machine, I was not impressed with the training session, but I guess that is all they could do in an hour.

Melanie

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase?

JUDY

I am in Cleveland Ohio and just bought my 15000 last nite, I traded my 12000 -- but my dealer (for both machines) gave me a complete demo at the store and has an open-door policy...which means anytime I have a problem I can come in and he will go over everything again with me! Its worth your money to always have a good dealer that will always have time to teach you and show you what to do