learning about my new machine

mel2sew

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 

Tony Coley

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." wrote:

Well, the machine is unpacked and I have watched the videos (both Janome's and Jim's) but haven't had turned it on yet due to lots of lightening in area.  After watching the videos I realized that my dealer never mentioned any kind of class or training, which I thought odd.  Did any of you get free training with purchase? 

VLS

Our shop gives a one on one for an hour on whatever they want to learn or have questions on.  Then we offer 6 or more lessons on the features and how to use the accessories for the machine.  Including horizon link, the clothsetter and Accufil.  We figure if they are going to spend that much on the machine we want them to be happy and hopefully be return customers.   The continuing lessons are done as a group.

Vicki S

Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:31 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." wrote:

Christine Drygas

Yes, our store in town gives one on one detailed instruction of the machine as well as classes designed to go over the manual and machine. That lasts at least 3 - 4 hours.  Plus they are open to any questions any day they are open. I think complete access to the store that sells you a very expensive machine should also offer good instruction on how it works.  

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 30, 2013, at 6:31 PM, Tony Coley <coleyct@...> wrote:

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:

Judy Albert

I bought my 12000 from Pocono Sew and Vac, Stroudsburg PA and they offered a full day of free training which was awesome! The Janome educator really knew the machine.  We brought our machines and calibrated them and learned maintenance in addition to learning all the functions. It was worth the 250 mile drive. I love the embroidery on the MC12000 and had no prior experience with embroidery. And the acufil quilting is great-it comes out looking professional. Overall, I am happy that I went from a 6600 to the 12000

Judy in NoVA

mel2sew

Thanks, I guess I will call in the morning to find out what they do offer.  I do know that when I received my previous (Brother) embroidery machine, I was not impressed with the training session, but I guess that is all they could do in an hour. 

Melanie 

Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:31 PM

Our shop gives 5 free lessons with any machine purchase in addition to an initial 1 on 1 lesson specific to the new machine. More Basic Sewing than Machine Mastery.
Tony Coley

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:06 PM, "mel2sew@..." <mel2sew@...> wrote:

JUDY

I am in Cleveland Ohio and just bought my 15000 last nite, I traded my 12000 -- but my dealer (for both machines) gave me a complete demo at the store and has an open-door policy...which means anytime I have a problem I can come in and he will go over everything again with me! Its worth your money to always have a good dealer that will always have time to teach you and show you what to do

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:29 PM
Subject: [janome12000] learning about my new machine

Pixey

Unfortunately my local dealer doesn't tend to be big on "just purchased machine" classes, I got a quick 20-minute overview on getting started with my 12000.  Since then, they did have a Janome educator in for a 2-day 12000 class but these cost extra $$.  I can drop by and ask questions anytime but it is in the "sandwiched between helping other customers" model.  I have signed up (paid $15) for a half day 15000 promo by a Janome educator in couple of weeks, knowing that if I did get the machine down the road there won't be any additional education. I could drive 2-3 hours and buy it out of town...but then that isn't really convenient for follow up classes or questions either.

My biggest frustration with both for my dealer and my local quilt shop is that sewing and quilting are obviously intended for retired individuals or stay-at-home spouses.  Almost all of the classes/group activities are held weekdays between 8-5.  I've managed to take annual leave to go to a few...but the really tough part is just trying to clear my work schedule which is loaded with meetings.

Pixey

Carol Carlgren

I never received any training on my machine from my dealer.  I never asked him about training either.  When I purchased my first Janome (My Excel  4014), the dealer offered a free class on getting to know your machine.  I went from the Excel right up to the 12000!!  No machines in between!  It would have been nice if I could have gotten the same type of class for the 12000!!  I figured that there is enough online information and videos that I would be able to find any answer that I was needing.  And of course there is all the wonderful people on here who are more than willing to share their knowledge!

My dealer isn't going to be able to get the 15000 until January.....and that comes with a big maybe!  He had a customer who was looking at purchasing the 12000.  So I asked him what he would give me for trade for mine and he wasn't able to give me an answer.  He said "What would you be willing to take for a loss?"  I purchased mine in March for $7499 which I thought was a smoking deal.  His list price for the 15000 is going to be $11,999.99!  And he is selling the 12000 for $9999.99 now.  Too much of a loss for me to upgrade to the 15000.  I purchased the AcuFil Kit for the 12000 and that was the main motivation I was looking for to upgrade to the 15000.  That and the extra embroidery stitches.  But if I really get into the embroidery, we will buy a machine dedicated strictly for embroidery.  I am very happy with the 12000!  Maybe in 10 years or so I will get a new machine.  But for right now, I'm a happy camper!

Carol

---In janome12000@..., <janome12000@...> wrote:

I am in Cleveland Ohio and just bought my 15000 last nite, I traded my 12000 -- but my dealer (for both machines) gave me a complete demo at the store and has an open-door policy...which means anytime I have a problem I can come in and he will go over everything again with me! Its worth your money to always have a good dealer that will always have time to teach you and show you what to do

Robin Morrison

I am looking at trading up to the 15000. I only bought my 12000 in April. The loss I would take us about $1050. There is a lot to like about the 15000 but just don't know if u can justify a $10,000 Sewing machine.... Any thoughts from people who have done the trade?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

To: Subject: RE: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine
Sent: Fri, Nov 1, 2013 9:34:24 PM

I never received any training on my machine from my dealer.  I never asked him about training either.  When I purchased my first Janome (My Excel  4014), the dealer offered a free class on getting to know your machine.  I went from the Excel right up to the 12000!!  No machines in between!  It would have been nice if I could have gotten the same type of class for the 12000!!  I figured that there is enough online information and videos that I would be able to find any answer that I was needing.  And of course there is all the wonderful people on here who are more than willing to share their knowledge!

My dealer isn't going to be able to get the 15000 until January.....and that comes with a big maybe!  He had a customer who was looking at purchasing the 12000.  So I asked him what he would give me for trade for mine and he wasn't able to give me an answer.  He said "What would you be willing to take for a loss?"  I purchased mine in March for $7499 which I thought was a smoking deal.  His list price for the 15000 is going to be $11,999.99!  And he is selling the 12000 for $9999.99 now.  Too much of a loss for me to upgrade to the 15000.  I purchased the AcuFil Kit for the 12000 and that was the main motivation I was looking for to upgrade to the 15000.  That and the extra embroidery stitches.  But if I really get into the embroidery, we will buy a machine dedicated strictly for embroidery.  I am very happy with the 12000!  Maybe in 10 years or so I will get a new machine.  But for right now, I'm a happy camper!

Carol

---In janome12000@..., wrote:

vicki chrobak

Robin, If my dealer gave me that kind of trade-in, I'd grab in a heartbeat!
Vicki Jo

On 11/26/2013 5:55 PM, Robin Morrison wrote:

I am looking at trading up to the 15000. I only bought my 12000 in April. The loss I would take us about $1050. There is a lot to like about the 15000 but just don't know if u can justify a $10,000 Sewing machine.... Any thoughts from people who have done the trade?

Robin Morrison

Thanks Vicki....do you think it is worth the huge price difference. Is almost double when you include the Mbx software. I'm really struggling with that....

To: <janome12000@...>;
Sent: Wed, Nov 27, 2013 3:00:33 PM

Robin, If my dealer gave me that kind of trade-in, I'd grab in a heartbeat!
Vicki Jo

Patty Winkler

After only owning the 12000 for 2 months, I traded it in for the 15000 (awesome deal). Although I was satisfied with the 12000, I really think the 15000 is much easier to navigate. The 'wireless' ability is awesome (no more cords to deal with!).  The free iPad comes with two new apps that connects wirelessly with the 15000.

I purchased both of my machines from The Fabric Center in Morris, Il ,which is a top-of-the-line sewing center. Before my purchase they gave me a test run on their floor model. With each purchase they unpack the machine and give an introductory instruction the same day. They also offered two 3 hour classes, one for sewing functions, which was an in depth instruction (I recently attended) and the same quality of instruction for the embroidery features (I am attending this one in a couple of weeks). Both classes are offered at no cost. With this said, I am super happy with my decision to trade up! I only live about 45 minutes away so travel is not an issue. Check with your local dealer for the GE Capital 48 month special financing (only good until 12/31/13). I didn't 'break-the-bank' with this once in a lifetime offer!

vicki chrobak

Robin, I can't answer for MBX-I don't have it.�� The way I read what you were saying that trade-in of 12000 plus $1050.00 would get you the 15000.�� Otherwise, everyone has their own line in the sand.
Vicki Jo

On 11/27/2013 9:44 AM, Robin Morrison wrote:

Thanks Vicki....do you think it is worth the huge price difference. Is almost double when you include the Mbx software. I'm really struggling with that....

Robin Morrison

No. My loss on what I paid would be 1050$ on my 12000. So in the end I would have to pay an additional 5000$ approximately. The price for the 15000 is 7900$ right now plus the price of Mbx software.

To: Subject: Re: [janome12000] learning about my new machine
Sent: Wed, Nov 27, 2013 8:35:10 PM

Robin, I can't answer for MBX-I don't have it.�� The way I read what you were saying that trade-in of 12000 plus $1050.00 would get you the 15000.�� Otherwise, everyone has their own line in the sand.
Vicki Jo

On 11/27/2013 9:44 AM, Robin Morrison wrote:

vicki chrobak

I did misunderstand Robin.�� Maybe you could get them down to $1050 LOL!
Vicki Jo

On 11/27/2013 5:01 PM, Robin Morrison wrote:

No. My loss on what I paid would be 1050$ on my 12000. So in the end I would have to pay an additional 5000$ approximately. The price for the 15000 is 7900$ right now plus the price of Mbx software.

linynp

Patty with that kind of dealer I would've done the same thing congratulations and good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Nancy W