New 15000

Richard and Debra

So, I know what "assume" can do  - but can we assume that the 15000 is a sewing-embroidery machine combo?!

Deb (Ky)

--- In janome12000@..., Debbie wrote:

> Also found this flyer that mentions it in last paragraph.
> http://www.janomeflyer.com/horizon-sewing-machines/
>
> Debbie

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Absolutely. The Top of Line machine has to do it all!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Debbie wrote:

Also found this flyer that mentions it in last paragraph.
http://www.janomeflyer.com/horizon-sewing-machines/

Debbie

VLS

I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.

Vicki

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, rdnance3@... wrote:

I saw and played with the new 15000!!! It's sweet!!! It's pretty amazing!!!

The screen is alot bigger, clearer, and easier to read. The processor is touch and go. Everything is so much simpler and faster.

There is a new hoop too....a magnetic hoop. No center piece to push down into the outer hoop...just held by strong magnets. I asked if that was Janome's answer to Brother's endless border hoop. I was told it will be much easier to endless border now.

It weights 6 lbs. more than the 12000....boo!! The foot control is at least 2x bigger and has this second pedal to the right of the big one that you push and it cuts your thread for you...lol!! They said it was in case your hands were full you could just hit it with your foot and it would cut the thread.

It has the newer bobbin system like the 9900 horizon...with the little side area where you loop the thread. Has independent bobbin motor so you can fill a bobbin while sewing or embroidering. Automatically stops....like the 11000 I guess.

Has a majorly sweet needle threader!!! Unlike the pitiful one on the 12000. It's precise and exact...seemingly hits it every time.

You can get them with or without the latest 16gig IPad. $400 difference. They loaded the two apps. It has the app where you can monitor the embroidery from the IPad from another room, etc. I said...too bad they didn't put a camera on it to watch it sew...so when the bobbin thread starts to come up through you can stop it and go to your machine.....I was told.....it's coming....I laughed and said right...he said no...I'm not joking...it's coming!! lol That would be sweet!! But it bothers me too....something more to see down the road.

The other app is like the embroidery screen edit area...you know..where the grid is so you can work on designs, on screen, on the machine. But it has more capabilities and much more powerful. That part is kinda nice....I'm not sure if I think the Ipad part is a deal maker but I use my computer alot tethered to my machine. Could prove interesting.

I was told everyone must name their machine...lol....I guess that's an IPad thing. Kinda funny and fun to think it needs a name...lol There is this this light up color bar...It's where the black line is on the 12000 above the word Horizon. You choose the color of the bar....there are like 15 or more color choices. You make it your color and it lights up across the front of the machine. Just about the exact size of the black bar above Horizon but not on the right side. I was told it is so when you are sewing in a class or group, it will be distinctive for you to see your machine...lol....I guess so you can find it easier among the sea of Janome machines....haha!! Not a deal maker...but fun. It has bells and whistles...no surprise there.

They have added a new hole in the sewing plate so you can do a true 1/4 inch stitch. They said you can order them, too for the 12000 to resolve that problem.

That's all I can remember. My heart was racing like I was looking at a race car. So much fun!! And I am thinking about getting one....the jury is still out.

Anyone interested in a 12000 for a heck of a deal....includes Accu-quilt. It's in perfect condition.

Oh...did you all know you can free arm like a bag or baby onsie on the 12000/15000? The smallest hoop, the F, I think, will fit in the onsie and if you take off the sewing surface like your going to do a cuff or sleeve, you can hang the body under and not have to pin and tape and stretch the onsie. Now that's of course if your design will fit in the hoop size. But they suggested doing socks and pant legs like this too. Just thought I'd share....Because I never thought about doing it that way....and I thought it was great and definitely worth sharing.

And yes....200,000 stitches per design. Sews quieter....Oh it has this little bag with lift out trays. It comes with all the available feet and accessories. (not ruffler, not binding unit etc.) but everything else.

Oh....has a stitch counter now. You can see how many stitches your machine has on it. The one I saw had '0'....good for buying a used machine!!

There is a new digitizer MBX... 4.0. Said it is much more improved...but I did not see it nor try it. I'm running digitizer pro3.0 and so I need to upgrade. But some older versions will no longer upgrade.... you will have to buy totally new. Yikes!!!! Luckily mine upgrades.

Happy sewing....RN

rosematt11@ymail.com

But what is the price of the 15000. I haven't seen a message that shows that.

Rose

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

MSRP is $11,999. This should be considered the top price, as most dealers will have their own specials, allowance for trade-ins, etc.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "rosematt11@..." <rosematt11@...> wrote:

But what is the price of the 15000. I haven't seen a message that shows that.

Rose

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

With every new model Janome has released there have always been one or more dealers that have shown it early. RN's dealer was one of those who broke it early - not her fault, as she had no way of knowing that it was supposed to be hidden. Personally I think it's ridiculous to hide the machine until October. A machine with a $12,000 price tag is not something you buy in an afternoon like a Starbucks coffee. Most people are going to want to try it, think about it, look at the budget, etc. As a former dealer, while I did honor Janome's request to embargo new models, I would rather have shown them so that when I finally did get machines I would have some customers ready to take one home on day 1. Janome has videos on their website showing features of the new machine, so it's hardly a secret.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "hshocraf" <hshocraf@...> wrote:

I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.

Vicki

Freida Doubts

It fairness to RN's dealer, dealers are allowed to do "invitation only showing" of the new machine to prospective customers - their DSM shared this info with the dealers.
--
Freida Doubts
Sew E-Z

yahoogroups.com, "hshocraf"; ...> wrote:

> I was in Vegas and played with the new machine. We had one shipped to the store from there. However we were told not to show it until the first part of October. So my question is how did you see one if we are not suppose to show them yet. The only dealers who have them are the ones who attended the Janome Institute in Vegas. The other dealers will have them shipped from jamone in about a month.
>
> Vicki

Judith Briggs <jabrigzz@...>

I saw one this past Fri/Sat at a Emb. Show.  They were pre selling for Oct.  We were allowed to play with the one there.