Writing stitch files to USB, machine doesn't see them

Pinguin

Hello,
I spend already a few hours trying to use an USB stick so I can use it to put stitches on my machine.

I formatted it (the slow way) I use a small stick and the files are on the stick but the machine doesn't see them

I have updated Horizon Link to 1.10 (after I noticed my version was different from the instruction DVD).

Sending directly to the machine works fine, but using the USB stick would be much more convenient.

Thanks for any help,
Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Are you using Horizon Link to put the designs on the USB stick? It knows where they need to go for the machine to see them. If you are using Windows Explorer, then the designs must go in a folder and that folder must itself be in the EMB folder. If you don't follow this rule, the machine will not see the designs.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello,
I spend already a few hours trying to use an USB stick so I can use it
to put stitches on my machine.

I formatted it (the slow way) I use a small stick and the files are on
the stick but the machine doesn't see them

I have updated Horizon Link to 1.10 (after I noticed my version was
different from the instruction DVD).

Sending directly to the machine works fine, but using the USB stick
would be much more convenient.

Thanks for any help,
Gerda

Pinguin

Hi,

I found a solution, it works when I have  load the stitches from the stick into the machine. But the machine doesn't read them directly from the stick.
Btw, I used the Horizon program to send them.
Gerda

--- In janome12000@..., "pinguin60@..." wrote:

> Hello,
> I spend already a few hours trying to use an USB stick so I can use it
> to put stitches on my machine.
>
> I formatted it (the slow way) I use a small stick and the files are on
> the stick but the machine doesn't see them
>
> I have updated Horizon Link to 1.10 (after I noticed my version was
> different from the instruction DVD).
>
> Sending directly to the machine works fine, but using the USB stick
> would be much more convenient.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Gerda

Virginia

Place the design in the folder so the machine can read the folder

In a message dated 7/16/2013 9:05:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pinguin60@... writes:

Hello,
I spend already a few hours trying to use an USB stick so I can use it
to put stitches on my machine.

I formatted it (the slow way) I use a small stick and the files are on
the stick but the machine doesn't see them

I have updated Horizon Link to 1.10 (after I noticed my version was
different from the instruction DVD).

Sending directly to the machine works fine, but using the USB stick
would be much more convenient.

Thanks for any help,
Gerda

janetpiekarski

If you open HorizonLink and click on File Manager in that top menu bar and then click on embroidery formats (or words like that, the first choice anyway) that will give you the double sided screen where you can take designs and put them either on the machine itself, USB1 or USB2. It's the foolproof way to transfer designs and make folders on your sticks as well (by right clicking in the white area on the right side by the way)