Janome 12000 FA10 Hoop

annabell131@gmail.com <annabell131@...>

Hello All

I had to use my smallest hoop FA10 3.9" X 1.6" and discovered it didn't sit flat - it was raised about half inch on the end nearest the screen.

I took it back to my Dealer and she tried her hoop and hers was much the same.  I was trying to dome some 1" circles that were digitized for me and
They needed to be placed perfectly - but the hoop being warped made this task very difficult.  Also when the needle was sewing the flat end, it was perfect but when it was sewing the slightly raised end, the needle made a plopping sound as it went thru my stabilizer (which by the way was the only thing hooped) as I had to position my fabric
On top of the stabilizer.

I hope all this makes sense.  I wonder if anyone else has this problem.  It is rare that I use this size hoop.

Cheers
Anna

Virginia

When I first got my machine I always felt like the hoops were not right,  I tried calibrating and that did not help.  My dealer suggested to keep my acrylic table on the machine at all times even when I embroider.  Voila no more problems with my hoops. It keeps your hoops level and so much nicer.

Virginia

In a message dated 5/31/2013 6:48:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, annabell131@... writes:

[...]

vicki chrobak

Anna, Jim brought this up early on & apparently quite a few were warped, including mine.  Dealer replaced it no charge under warranty.
Vicki Jo

On 5/31/2013 4:48 PM, annabell131@... wrote:

[...]

Susan Militello <suemili48@...>

I also have problems with my hoops.  I've been putting them flat on the table with the connector part hanging off so they are totally flat, then putting magazines on top.  Haven't tried to use them yet.  I'm going to try the acrylic table and see if that helps as well. Thanks for the hint!

Sue in WNY

On May 31, 2013 8:04 PM, <Fmjfrazier@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Info Virginia - but I fear its too late for my hoop its already warped same as the Dealers hoop

 Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: Janome 12000 FA10 Hoop

When I first got my machine I always felt like the hoops were not right,  I tried calibrating and that did not help.  My dealer suggested to keep my acrylic table on the machine at all times even when I embroider.  Voila no more problems with my hoops. It keeps your hoops level and so much nicer.

Virginia

annabell131@gmail.com <annabell131@...>

Ok Sue I will try laying it flat with something heavy on top and then will use my table - thanks again for your reply

Cheers
Anna

annabell131@gmail.com <annabell131@...>

Wow thanks for that info Vicki - will persist with Dealers then