Home position for embroidery arm?

kwtoquilt

I have compared notes with a friend who also owns a 12,000 but I wondered if anyone else had this issue.

If I cannot complete an embroidery design I turn off the machine with the embroidery arm located where the design has stopped. When I ask the machine to resume the design it treats this position as the home position and then resumes the embroidery further down the arm. If I stop the design and return the hoop to home position using the controls then re-starts the design from where it should do so.

My question is. Do you have to 'park' the hoop when you switch it off mid embroidery? Or when the machine is switched back on, should the embroidery arm re-centre itself by returning to the home position and then back to the position it should be when you switched off the machine?

Hope this makes sense!

Virginia

Always remove your hoop before you shut off your machine.  When you turn the machine on again open the arm just like you are beginning your embroidery project and the machine will ask you if you want to resume your design.  It remembers where you left off and then will move to the position that it left off on and then attach your hoop.  It should start where you leave off. When you remove your hoop be careful not to stretch your fabric or do anything to adjust your fabric in the hoop.  It will line up perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 5/25/2013 8:31:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pkweldon@... writes:

I have compared notes with a friend who also owns a 12,000 but I wondered if anyone else had this issue.

If I cannot complete an embroidery design I turn off the machine with the embroidery arm located where the design has stopped. When I ask the machine to resume the design it treats this position as the home position and then resumes the embroidery further down the arm. If I stop the design and return the hoop to home position using the controls then re-starts the design from where it should do so.

My question is. Do you have to 'park' the hoop when you switch it off mid embroidery? Or when the machine is switched back on, should the embroidery arm re-centre itself by returning to the home position and then back to the position it should be when you switched off the machine?

Hope this makes sense!

Debe

Hi not sure if this is applicable, but make sure that you have gone into the SET part of the machine & selected RESUME MODE under Embroidery settings. This is in your manual. If you don't do this the machine will not resume at the place in embroidery at which you stopped. Lots of people do not think about the SET settings before they sew or embroider. Also when you are done embroidering press the ORDINARY sew tab & the carriage will move back to the start position. When you return & press the EMBROIDERY tab when it asks to resume last design say YES & you should go to the exact stitch you stopped at.