Bridge stitches

Pinguin

As I wanted to program a serpentine stitch and didn't know how, I started with the directions Diane gave on their website for the Janome 7700, see:
http://onlinesewing.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/poth2.pdf

I used bridge stitch no. 5 and I added some stitches to make it a 9 mm stitch.

It took me some time figuring out how to program this stitch combination in my Janome 12000 and I wonder why the manual doesn't give a step for step instruction.
The directions Diane gave were much clearer, even if they were for another machine.

But now I wonder what the difference is between all the bridge stitches. I can't find much info in the manual.
Actually, sometimes I wish there was Stitch-book app, like the footbook. Would that be possible (in the future, sometime, no pressure)

Thanks,
Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Gerda I'm so sorry you went to all that trouble. There's a serpentine stitch for the 12000 in the Files section of this list. Just click "Files" on the left side of the list page, then look for "Serpentine.zip". This stitch was made in Stitch Composer, which will be covered in the upcoming DVD for embroidery and software. I'll ask Diane to comment on the bridge stitches.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Jim,
thanks but don't be sorry. Because with making the stitch this way I learned a bit more about the machine.
But I will download the ready made stitch in the files as well.

And it will be great if Diane can comment on the bridge stitches.

Gerda

--- In janome12000@..., "pinguin60@..." wrote:

> As I wanted to program a serpentine stitch and didn't know how, I
> started with the directions Diane gave on their website for the Janome
> 7700, see:
> http://onlinesewing.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/poth2.pdf
>
> I used bridge stitch no. 5 and I added some stitches to make it a 9 mm
> stitch.
>
> It took me some time figuring out how to program this stitch combination
> in my Janome 12000 and I wonder why the manual doesn't give a step for
> step instruction.
> The directions Diane gave were much clearer, even if they were for
> another machine.
>
> But now I wonder what the difference is between all the bridge stitches.
> I can't find much info in the manual.
> Actually, sometimes I wish there was Stitch-book app, like the footbook.
> Would that be possible (in the future, sometime, no pressure)
>
> Thanks,
> Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Here's what Diane told me about bridge stitches:

Bridge stitches 1-4 add 1, 2, 3 or 4 stitches in the center needle position.

Bridge stitches 5-8 add 1, 2, 3 or 4 stitches in the left needle position.

Bridge stitches 9-12 automatically start at the ending position of the previous decorative stitch. They add stitches as follows:
9 - 2 straight stitches
10 - 4 straight stitches
11 - 1 triple stitch
12 - 2 triple stitches

<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, "pinguin60@"
<pinguin60@> wrote:

[...]

Thanks!
I will write this info in my manual.

Gerda

Op 14-05-13 21:06, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

Here's what Diane told me about bridge stitches:

Bridge stitches 1-4 add 1, 2, 3 or 4 stitches in the center needle position.

Bridge stitches 5-8 add 1, 2, 3 or 4 stitches in the left needle position.

Bridge stitches 9-12 automatically start at the ending position of the previous decorative stitch. They add stitches as follows:
9 - 2 straight stitches
10 - 4 straight stitches
11 - 1 triple stitch
12 - 2 triple stitches

--- In janome12000@..., "pinguin60@..." wrote:

> Hello Jim,
> thanks but don't be sorry. Because with making the stitch this way I
> learned a bit more about the machine.
> But I will download the ready made stitch in the files as well.
>
> And it will be great if Diane can comment on the bridge stitches.
>
> Gerda
>
> Op 14-05-13 15:42, Jim_Stutsman schreef:
> >
> > Gerda I'm so sorry you went to all that trouble. There's a serpentine
> > stitch for the 12000 in the Files section of this list. Just click
> > "Files" on the left side of the list page, then look for
> > "Serpentine.zip". This stitch was made in Stitch Composer, which will
> > be covered in the upcoming DVD for embroidery and software. I'll ask
> > Diane to comment on the bridge stitches.
> >
> > --- In janome12000@...
> > , "pinguin60@"
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > As I wanted to program a serpentine stitch and didn't know how, I
> > > started with the directions Diane gave on their website for the Janome
> > > 7700, see:
> > > http://onlinesewing.squarespace.com/storage/post-images/poth2.pdf
> > >
> > > I used bridge stitch no. 5 and I added some stitches to make it a 9 mm
> > > stitch.
> > >
> > > It took me some time figuring out how to program this stitch
> > combination
> > > in my Janome 12000 and I wonder why the manual doesn't give a step for
> > > step instruction.
> > > The directions Diane gave were much clearer, even if they were for
> > > another machine.
> > >
> > > But now I wonder what the difference is between all the bridge
> > stitches.
> > > I can't find much info in the manual.
> > > Actually, sometimes I wish there was Stitch-book app, like the
> > footbook.
> > > Would that be possible (in the future, sometime, no pressure)
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gerda

janetpiekarski

Just to enlarge on that (no pun intended), if you want to add 5 stitches you can add one selection of 1 and one of 4 and if you wanted to add 10 stitches you can add 2 1's and 2 4's and so on. You can also lengthen the stitches (so they can be removed but then you could have used the spaces)