best baby /projects designs

mel2sew

My first grandchild is expected in June and I hope to do some special embroidery projects for him with my 12000. What are some of the best you have made and who has the best designs? Any other recommendations you are willing to make would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
mel

LJ <LJsewngo@...>

My first grandchild is expected in June and I hope to do some special embroidery projects for him with my 12000. What are some of the best you have made and who has the best designs? .
mel
Mel, you didn't specify what type of designs you want, but SueBox.com has darling designs and the digitizing is wonderful. Check out her project pages where there are pictures of creations.

If you want applique, check out Oregon Patchworks, there are several digitizers that sell thru there.

Sew Weird has some darling vintage redwork type designs for babies.

Do you know, or will you know the sex of the baby? And do you want filled designs, or redwork type? There are so many to choose from. You might check them out and then repost if you have any questions about the digitizer.

Has the new mommie indicated a "theme" for the nursery? BFC-Creations.com has wonderful designs in "blackwork" of safari animals. Several have used them for baby quilts and you can see pictures on her Yahoo Group site.

I am sure you will be overwhelmed with suggestions from other stitchers.
Keep us posted,
Leah

Susan Militello <suemili48@...>

Hi Mel,

When my last two grandkids came along, I did diaper bags with in the hoop accessories.  Diaper wipe cases, pacifier cozies, hanging cases for the bottles of hand sanitizer and other cases mom could use for carrying all the extras a baby seems to need.

I also did an in the hoop quilt that was applique, I believe was from All Sorts Embroidery.  I would have to check that to be sure.  Some of my favorite places for baby things are listed below.

Purple Hat
Five Star Fonts
Moose b Stitch in
Digi Stitches
A Time to Stitch

And I have a lot of baby designs from Embroidery Library and Anita Good design

Hope this will help get you started on sewing for that new treasure.

Oh, one other thing I add as a gift for a new baby is a bib made from a hand towel.  I embroider  "I'm the birthday boy/girl" or "It's MY birthday".  They are a good size for eating that first birthday cake while keeping the clothes clean!  Also good for tots learning to feed themselves.

Sue in WNY

On May 8, 2013 12:41 PM, "mel2sew" <mel2sew@...> wrote:

My first grandchild is expected in June and I hope to do some special embroidery projects for him with my 12000. What are some of the best you have made and who has the best designs? Any other recommendations you are willing to make would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
mel

rhonda.nance3

Mel,

There are some wonderful sights.  There is more cute baby stuff than you have days.  Here is as many as I can remember...  There is wonderful ITH projects for diaper bags accessories, etc.

Planet Applique, Designs by JuJu, Bunnycup, Embroitique, Hang to Dry, Embroidery Library, SWAK Designs, AK Designs, Digistitches, Embroidables, GG Designs, Hatched in Africa, Martha Pullen, My Fair Lady, Oma's Place, You Can Make This, Sew Michelle.  Look at Whimsical Fabrics.

Go to Etsy for ideas or patterns...then make it yourself!!!  Search for embroidery blanks.  There are some great sites for basic clothing you can embelish.

How exciting....a new grandbaby!!!  Congratulations!!

Happy Sewing/embroidering!!

Rhonda

busybee1115 <jeannette.rick.freese@...>

Sorry for not being knowledgable but what are embroidery blanks?

Thanks
Jeannette

--- In janome12000@..., rdnance3@... wrote:

Mel,

There are some wonderful sights. There is more cute baby stuff than you have days. Here is as many as I can remember... There is wonderful ITH projects for diaper bags accessories, etc.

Planet Applique, Designs by JuJu, Bunnycup, Embroitique, Hang to Dry, Embroidery Library, SWAK Designs, AK Designs, Digistitches, Embroidables, GG Designs, Hatched in Africa, Martha Pullen, My Fair Lady, Oma's Place, You Can Make This, Sew Michelle. Look at Whimsical Fabrics.

Go to Etsy for ideas or patterns...then make it yourself!!! Search for embroidery blanks. There are some great sites for basic clothing you can embelish.

How exciting....a new grandbaby!!! Congratulations!!

Happy Sewing/embroidering!!

Rhonda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Embroidery "blanks" are items made to be embroidered. This can be shirts, aprons, napkins or any other item. There's nothing magic about something being sold as a blank. In the past we have embroidered polo shirts from Target and Old Navy. Sometimes it's hard to find some items that have no embellishment at all, e.g. aprons. In those cases you may need to buy from a company that makes "blank" items.