Need some info on the Janome mc12000

just_sewing <iluv2cre8@...>

I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

Estelle Torpy

Hi Gerri,

1- I measure 26" with the arm out.

2- I haven't had any issues with either bobbin case.

3- I have embroidered with several brands of metallics with no problems, I did use the red or larger needle. I have fallen in love with the built-in  Sashiko stitch that uses monofilament thread in the needle and white thread in the bobbin. It is beautiful on dark blue fabric.

This is just my experience with my 12000. I have had the machine for a year this month and it has been problem free, now the operator is another story! I just finished a wall hanging with free motion quilting that came out fabulous even though I haven't free motioned in quite a while. Yeah!
I bought the machine for better lighting, a larger throat (work area) and bigger hoops but I got so much more.

Good luck with your decision,

Estelle

On Apr 24, 2013, at 12:05 AM, just_sewing wrote:

I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

vicki chrobak

Gerri,
1. The width is not an issue. However, the depth, front to back, is a minor issue. You will need about 27 1/2 " to open & maneuver the embroidery arm & about 30 1/2" if you are going to leave acrylic table on for support. This is easily achieved by pulling your table away from the wall. Yes, the arm will extend partly over "thin air" but not a problem. My table is 18 1/2" deep & I have no problem.
2. No issues with the bobbin case. Actually it comes with 2 bobbin case & 2 needle plates, 1 each for embroidery, 1 each for regular/zigzag sewing.
3. I have had no problems with metallics. I use a separate thread stand.. I cannot answer for monofilaments.
I love my 12000 for everything, especially for FM, as it has the knee bar for variable zigzag. Also beautiful straight stitch & embroidery.
Vicki Jo

On 4/24/2013 1:05 AM, just_sewing wrote:
I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

Laura Catto (Brayford)

Morning...
In answer to your 3 questions on the 12000, which I have and luv luv luv...

1. I bought the Ikea Edpedit Desk combination...which is a desk/bookcase combination and it is 60 5/8" wide (which includes the shelving unit attached) and 31 1/8" deep and it is plenty big enough for my machine...

2. I have had no problems with the bobbin case. You receive a bobbin case for sewing and then another bobbin case for doing embroidery...they are easily changed as there are no screws to take out of needle plate...

3. I have used metallics and monofilement and the only  piece of advice I have is that when using the metallics is that you slow the speed down...faster the machine is going the faster the metallic thread heats up and breaks....

If there have been any problems with my machine it is USER issues not machine issues....

Hope this helps your decision making....

Laura

I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

Virginia

I have not measured the arm but perhaps Jim can give you the correct measurements.  I have had my machine since October 2011 and have had no issues with bobbin, thread or any other concerns you have.

I run my machine for at least 4 hours or more a day.  And it just keeps on purring.

Virginia

In a message dated 4/24/2013 9:08:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, iluv2cre8@... writes:

I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

janetpiekarski

In general people, remember that "special" bobbin case isn't to be used automatically when doing embroidery. In the manual, it states that it should be used when NON Janome bobbin thread is used. The reason is that other bobbin thread may be thinner than Janome's and therefore need a tighter spring set on the bobbin case. That Yellow dot bobbin case is tighter. When used with Janome bobbin thread, you may get the top thread pulling down so much that the bobbin thread is almost a straight line. One good thing, I suppose is that you'd never run out of bobbin thread!

________________________________
I am considering buying the 12000, I have 3 question

1. what is the length of the machine with the arm out, my sewing table is 65" wide. will the machine fit?

2. I know that previous model had a problem with the bobbin case, does the 12000 have that problem.

3. Are there any problems with metalics and monfilement?

I have been to our local dealer but the answer I am getting is not very helpful. If you want you can email me privately.

Thanks in advance Gerri

just_sewing <iluv2cre8@...>

Thanks to the kind ladies that answered my questions.
I went to the closest dealer to where I live. All I can say they must not be interested in selling a machine, as all the dealer was willing to show me was how the machine worked, by pressing a few buttons. And that was it! If I wanted to see more would have to make a appointment, but not next week as she would be far to busy. Looks like I will have to find a dealer further afield, who might be interested in selling a machine.All I kept thinking about was if they are like this when they sell what would they be like for backup ?
Anyway thanks Gerri

sewnana1990 <marsha.ryan@...>

If you are near Lynchburg Virginia my dealer would just love to have you as a customer. I am the trainer there, hehehe
Marsha

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "just_sewing" <iluv2cre8@...> wrote:

Thanks to the kind ladies that answered my questions.
I went to the closest dealer to where I live. All I can say they must not be interested in selling a machine, as all the dealer was willing to show me was how the machine worked, by pressing a few buttons. And that was it! If I wanted to see more would have to make a appointment, but not next week as she would be far to busy. Looks like I will have to find a dealer further afield, who might be interested in selling a machine.All I kept thinking about was if they are like this when they sell what would they be like for backup ?
Anyway thanks Gerri

linynp

Gerri like Estelle I've no problem and with the metallics (many different brands) no issues either but also use them frequently. With mono I have issues no matter what machine I'm using so I know it's user error ;)

Estelle what stitch number Di you use for sashiko?

Sent from my iPhone
Nancy W

Nora Turecka

Dear Gerri,

I am a very happy owner of the MC12000 over here in Austria, Good Old Europe. I bought a MC7700 about 1,5 years ago with the Austrian distributor. After that I wanted to test drive the MC12000, but got no chance. He would have ordered it for me, but only with a firm order. So I went to Germany about 400 km from my home. Got a proper demonstration and test drive and bought the machine. The only disadvantage is that my 5 years warranty is valid in Germany only. But they have lots of Austrian customers, so they can handle service via an Austrian hub, too...and the machine sews like a dream.

Good luck with your purchase.

Kind regards from Vienna

Nora

Am 25.04.2013 um 13:04 schrieb just_sewing:

Thanks to the kind ladies that answered my questions.
I went to the closest dealer to where I live. All I can say they must not be interested in selling a machine, as all the dealer was willing to show me was how the machine worked, by pressing a few buttons. And that was it! If I wanted to see more would have to make a appointment, but not next week as she would be far to busy. Looks like I will have to find a dealer further afield, who might be interested in selling a machine.All I kept thinking about was if they are like this when they sell what would they be like for backup ?
Anyway thanks Gerri

Estelle Torpy

Hi Nancy,

The Sashiko stitch is #6 under Quilt (Q). I found it by going to the little shirt icon on the left near the top of the main screen, then quilting, then sculpture and it is the third stitch choice on that screen.

A quilting friend today suggested that if I am using the Sashiko stitch on a solid colored fabric that instead of using monofilament thread in the needle, use thread that matches the fabric and white in the bobbin. Just a thought.

Estelle

On Apr 25, 2013, at 11:32 AM, Nancy Wichtendahl wrote:

Gerri like Estelle I've no problem and with the metallics (many different brands) no issues either but also use them frequently. With mono I have issues no matter what machine I'm using so I know it's user error ;)

Estelle what stitch number Di you use for sashiko?

Sent from my iPhone
Nancy W

linynp

Thanks Estelle!!!!  OK so we know what I'm doing this weekend LOL!
Nancy Who's really enjoying her 12000

Virginia

It is also available under the applications tool on the machine.  It explains how to use it in our manual.  Page 84.

Virginia

In a message dated 4/25/2013 9:45:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, emtorpy@... writes:

[...]

Thanks Virginia!!!!

Sent from my iPhone