Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Is It Possible? Another new machine?

I have to say that I too do not think I am interested in a new machine at this time.  I truly love this machine and do not see how it can be improved (unless it would be with a 5 X 7 frame and possibly upping the stitch count).

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

I would sooner think that there will be an opportunity to purchase an upgrade to this machine making it a different version and that all 12000s coming out after a certain date will be that version. This machine hasn't been on the market for the five years that they usually take for the R and D to be recovered and to come up with the "latest and greatest"
Truthfully I am so happy with this machine that anything newer doesn't interest me.

Pat
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 19, 2013, at 8:35 AM, "elainesjosiegirl" <elainekaiser@...> wrote:

> Heard a rumor from a dealer that this summer Janome will be coming out with a step up from the 1200. They have said there will be a conference announcing the changes in the machine this summer. Hopefully there will be an upgrade for the 12000 as I cannot afford a new machine. Lets keep our ears open!

Virginia

Has anyone thought about if you rotate your 5x7 design in the GR hoop you can 2 in the hoop which saves stabilizer.  I have done that for in the hoop projects using sticky stabilizer.

In a message dated 4/23/2013 12:20:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lindahome@... writes:

Every embroidery house has 5x7 designs....LOTS of them.    We shouted loud enough with the 11K and got the 5x7.  I'm hoping enough shout again and Janome offers the 5x7 hoop for the 12K!!

I've been to the Janome website and left my comments for them to make a 5x7 hoop for the 12K.

The more who ask for it, the sooner it will come???

I have to say that I too do not think I am interested in a new machine at this time.  I truly love this machine and do not see how it can be improved (unless it would be with a 5 X 7 frame and possibly upping the stitch count).

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

I would sooner think that there will be an opportunity to purchase an upgrade to this machine making it a different version and that all 12000s coming out after a certain date will be that version. This machine hasn't been on the market for the five years that they usually take for the R and D to be recovered and to come up with the "latest and greatest"
Truthfully I am so happy with this machine that anything newer doesn't interest me.

Pat
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 19, 2013, at 8:35 AM, "elainesjosiegirl" <elainekaiser@...> wrote:

> Heard a rumor from a dealer that this summer Janome will be coming out with a step up from the 1200. They have said there will be a conference announcing the changes in the machine this summer. Hopefully there will be an upgrade for the 12000 as I cannot afford a new machine. Lets keep our ears open!

Mary Jane Weddle <maryjweddle@...>

Good idea if you have more than one design to do.  I will remember this.  Thanks for the suggestion.

On Apr 23, 2013 11:25 AM, <Fmjfrazier@...> wrote:

Has anyone thought about if you rotate your 5x7 design in the GR hoop you can 2 in the hoop which saves stabilizer.  I have done that for in the hoop projects using sticky stabilizer.

In a message dated 4/23/2013 12:20:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, lindahome@... writes:

Every embroidery house has 5x7 designs....LOTS of them.    We shouted loud enough with the 11K and got the 5x7.  I'm hoping enough shout again and Janome offers the 5x7 hoop for the 12K!!

I've been to the Janome website and left my comments for them to make a 5x7 hoop for the 12K.

The more who ask for it, the sooner it will come???

I have to say that I too do not think I am interested in a new machine at this time.  I truly love this machine and do not see how it can be improved (unless it would be with a 5 X 7 frame and possibly upping the stitch count).

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Patricia Ward <ward.pm@...> wrote:

I would sooner think that there will be an opportunity to purchase an upgrade to this machine making it a different version and that all 12000s coming out after a certain date will be that version. This machine hasn't been on the market for the five years that they usually take for the R and D to be recovered and to come up with the "latest and greatest"
Truthfully I am so happy with this machine that anything newer doesn't interest me.

Pat
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 19, 2013, at 8:35 AM, "elainesjosiegirl" <elainekaiser@...> wrote:

> Heard a rumor from a dealer that this summer Janome will be coming out with a step up from the 1200. They have said there will be a conference announcing the changes in the machine this summer. Hopefully there will be an upgrade for the 12000 as I cannot afford a new machine. Lets keep our ears open!

Mary Ann

I have the re18  but do fsl angels to put in cards so i always make 2 in the bigger hoop and save the disolivablestabilizer to make into a slurry for spray on stzbilizer. .lets get the most from our supplies

Ka Ay

Mary Ann, I would love to hear more about spray on stabilizer... how you mix it and how you use it. Thanks, Karen.

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 13, 2018, at 9:48 AM, Mary Ann <marysew@...> wrote:

I have the re18  but do fsl angels to put in cards so i always make 2 in the bigger hoop and save the disolivablestabilizer to make into a slurry for spray on stzbilizer. .lets get the most from our supplies

xr8gal@...

Good Morning,

There is already a 5x7 hoop for the 12000.  I know because I have it.  It was released a couple of years ago.  It is the RE18 hoop - http://janome.com/en/accessories/hoops/re18-hoop/

Regards,
Irene Lowe
Melton, Victoria, Australia

Sharon Moos

It’s $199 for a hoop!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 13, 2018, at 1:35 PM, xr8gal@... wrote:

Good Morning,

There is already a 5x7 hoop for the 12000.  I know because I have it.  It was released a couple of years ago.  It is the RE18 hoop - http://janome.com/en/accessories/hoops/re18-hoop/

Regards,
Irene Lowe
Melton, Victoria, Australia

maggie cooper

I'm surprised at the thought that so many 12,14,15000 users haven't realised that Janome launched the  140 x  180 mm hoop a long while back. I recall the disbelief because it wasn't 140 x 200 mm, but then again there were so many requests for a 5 x 7 inch hoop, simply because end users didn't realise there was never a 5 x 7 inch hoop, it was just a generic term not an actual size. The Brother hoops were 130 x 180, which in imperial measured 5.11 x 7.086 inches, and the so called Janome 5x7 was actually 5.511 inches by 7.784 inches, but the 11000 users yelled so loudly for a 5x7 hoop, Janome had to create a non standardised hoop size only to find end users yelled again 'its the wrong size'  For a long time it was possible simply to buy the RE18 hoop as an optional hoop for the 12000, but uptake was poor, because Janome had to recoup R and D costs for what had been a non standard size, they realised some markets preferred to purchase kits, so that's what they did, only kits are more expensive, that is why the RE18 hoop is $199 and not the price it was a few years back. So don't yell loudly for a hoop that is already available, instead ask that it be sold as a hoop and not part of a kit.

Pru Joy

Wait ... I’m confused ... I bought the RE18 kit for my new 15000 three years ago so that I could use all my “5 x 7” designs from the 9700 & that is just what it has been doing, they fit it perfectly.  So why do you say that Janome invented a completely new size for the RE18?

          • 🌹🌻🌺🍄🌼🌞🌙🌏❄🌈⚡☁🍃🌷🌸💐🐎🐬🐟🐄🐏🐝🐛🐌🐥

Dottie Newkirk

The 5x7 hoop that we had for the 11K was really a 5.51 x 7.87 and the new RE18 hoop for the new machines is 5.51 x 7.  Yes, your 5x7 designs fit in the new re-designed hoop, but, it's a bit smaller than the one we had for the 11K.  Dottie in Texas

Jim Stutsman

The origin of the original 5 x 7 hoop was the Memory Craft 10000. Hoop B on that machine measured 140mm x 200mm (5.5" x 7.9"). Because this was much larger than Janome's previous hoops, MANY designs were created to fit it. When the Memory Craft 11000 came out it had bigger hoops, but lacked a 5 x 7 hoop. After prolonged screaming by customers and dealers, hoop RE was released for the 11000. It was also 140mm x 200mm. To the consternation and irritation of all concerned, the Memory Craft 12000 was released, again WITHOUT a 5 x 7 hoop. It didn't happen until well after the release of the 15000, at which time we got hoop RE-18. It's still 5 x 7 BUT the actual measurement is 140mm x 180mm (5.5" x 7.0"). Technically it's still 5 x 7, but it's almost an inch shorter than previous incarnations of the 5 x 7 hoop. I cannot imagine any logical reason, other than something got lost in translation and the 7" height was taken literally without regard to previous history. As a result, not all 5 x 7 designs that fit the previous hoops will fit in RE-18, which is still 5 x 7 more or less.

Mary Ann

I also have the Re18 and love it for my 12k.  It has the magnets for the sides.  Need to update machine to recognize the Re18 when you get it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Pru Joy

Wow, I’ve been lucky then, to have all my old “5 x 7” designs fit the RE18, thanx for that info 👍🏻

          • 🌹🌻🌺🍄🌼

sharon adrian

Hi-I won’t be there ‘