using the convertible free motion set on the Janome 12000

janetpiekarski

Unfortunately, the part number (actually 4 part numbers-one for the ankle-if you can call it that-and then one for each of those little feet-the closed toe and open toe (both metal) and then the plastic "big foot") doesn't appear on the Janome ordering page parts list. I found it by going to the parts list in the manual.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hello Janet,
thanks for the info. The part number will be helpfull. I would be glad
to use that foot for FMQ.

Gerda

Op 23-04-13 18:44, janetpiekarski schreef:

The convertible free motion foot set that comes with the 8900 (which
has metal feet does fit onto the 12000 very nicely) I don't know the
part number but will find out. It's definitely not the foot set for
just a high shank, like Jim says, the apparatus from the 12000 gets in
the way (the 8900 has that same apparatus so they must have redesigned
it)

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

The reason Gerda wanted to use the convertible free motion set was
to get the metal foot with the small eyelet. The QC foot that comes
with the 12000 is plastic and larger than the metal foot in the
convertible set.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, freida <freida@> wrote:

There is a convertible free motion set for the 12000 and it comes
with
the machine. The difference is the feet snap on to the shank and
do not
screw on. It comes with the same 3 feet that the original convertible
free motion set has. If you are using one from your 11000 or any
other
machine, you take the chance of damaging your machine and possibly
voiding your warranty.

--
Freida Doubts
Sew E-Z

Pinguin

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

> The reason Gerda wanted to use the convertible free motion set was to get the metal foot with the small eyelet. The QC foot that comes with the 12000 is plastic and larger than the metal foot in the convertible set.
>
> --- In janome12000@..., freida wrote:
> >
> > There is a convertible free motion set for the 12000 and it comes with
> > the machine. The difference is the feet snap on to the shank and do not
> > screw on. It comes with the same 3 feet that the original convertible
> > free motion set has. If you are using one from your 11000 or any other
> > machine, you take the chance of damaging your machine and possibly
> > voiding your warranty.
> >
> > --
> > Freida Doubts
> > Sew E-Z

janetpiekarski

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, freida <freida@> wrote:

There is a convertible free motion set for the 12000 and it comes with
the machine. The difference is the feet snap on to the shank and do not
screw on. It comes with the same 3 feet that the original convertible
free motion set has. If you are using one from your 11000 or any other
machine, you take the chance of damaging your machine and possibly
voiding your warranty.

--
Freida Doubts
Sew E-Z

Patricia Ward

I have had very good luck using all of the plastic feet that come with the 12000 and they just fasten onto the shank. I like the fact that they have that extra bar in the back that fastens into the shank as well because the foot is stable.  You can adjust your foot height if you need for a thick quilt but I have never had to do that.

With the Supreme Glider that was designed for the 12000 my quilts just glide across the surface.

Personally I am very happy with the foot options that the 12000 gives us.

Pat

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Mary Jane Weddle <maryjweddle@...> wrote:

I do not like the plastic feet that are for free motion that comes with the 12000 machine as well as the feet I purchased for the 11000.  I just like the little narrow open toe foot and the tiny closed toe foot for the 11000 better. To me the plastic feet are bulky and harder to do things like echo quilting and very detailed designs.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

[...]

I have used the open quilting foot from the 11000 for free motion quilting.  I do have to remove the foot after using it and before starting the machine.  Otherwise when I start the machine, it makes a noise and tells me to check the foot.  I like the foot better than the plastic ones that came with the 12000.

On Apr 13, 2013 11:19 AM, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,
is there another convertible free motion set available for the 12000?

Gerda

Op 13-04-13 00:18, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

No, you can't even get it on. The automatic presser foot lifting mechanism interferes with the attachment of the foot.

--- In janome12000@..., "pinguin60@..." wrote:

> Hello,
> does anyone know if I can safely use the convertibel free motion set
> from my 6600 on the Janome 12000 (not the disc, that is for 7 mm) It is
> just that I like the little metal open foot a lot.
>
> Thanks,
> Gerda

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There is one included with the 8200 & 8900, part #858820007. However I don't know whether that would fit on the 12000, for the same reason that the 6600 set does not fit.

<mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com>, "pinguin60@"

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>