embroidery compared to Bernina

Alice Cromer <acromer@...>

How does the stitch quality of the 12000's embroidery compare to the Bernina 830? I have found that the Janome MB4 has better stitch quality than the 12000.

Thanks,
Alice

berninahusq

Hi Alice,

You compared your stitch outs comparing your MB4 and the MC12000. I don't have a MB4 but I do have a commercial 16-needle Melco Amaya XT. Needless to say the Amaya XT has a higher stitch quality than my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and the MC12000, since it is a commercial machine.

For comparison, I stitched out the same design on my MC12000, BERNINA 830 Limited Edition and my Amaya XT. All machines were set to embroider at their highest speeds, the BERNINA 830 LE and the MC12000 at up 1,000 spm and the Amaya XT up to 1,500 spm.

The BERNINA 830 Limited Edition embroidery stitch quality was close to the quality of the Amaya XT stitch outs and was noticeably better than the MC12000.

Cheers,
Kanga

Alice Cromer <acromer@...>

Thank you, Kanga! This is exactly what I needed to know.

Alice

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 7, 2013, at 12:42 AM, "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

Hi Alice,

You compared your stitch outs comparing your MB4 and the MC12000. I don't have a MB4 but I do have a commercial 16-needle Melco Amaya XT. Needless to say the Amaya XT has a higher stitch quality than my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and the MC12000, since it is a commercial machine.

For comparison, I stitched out the same design on my MC12000, BERNINA 830 Limited Edition and my Amaya XT. All machines were set to embroider at their highest speeds, the BERNINA 830 LE and the MC12000 at up 1,000 spm and the Amaya XT up to 1,500 spm.

The BERNINA 830 Limited Edition embroidery stitch quality was close to the quality of the Amaya XT stitch outs and was noticeably better than the MC12000.

Cheers,
Kanga

sandy k

My 12000 is superior to my mb-4 stitch outs.

SandyK Magnolia Springs Quilts
From my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Alice Cromer <acromer@...> wrote:

[...]

gbmko

Just a reminder, that each machine can be different. When I used to work at Bernina, when the 200 came out, some of the machines did a beautiful 9mm satin stitch, and others would not. I was at an event where the projects were being sewn on the 830, and no one ended up buying any because half the class had issues, and were frustrated that their sewing time was taken up by machine glitches. So really do your research. Check on manufacturing dates, because when they first came out the tech told me only 1 in 3 out of the box worked properly. Janome has a reputation for working straight out of the box. I really like my Bernina's, too, so am not slamming them. If you like the stitch quality of the demo at the store you go to, see if you can buy it for a discount, as you know it will give you the desired result. I personally love the compactness of the Janome arm, and how stable it is with the large hoops, and mine stithes beautifully.

--- In janome12000@..., Alice Cromer <acromer@...> wrote:

How does the stitch quality of the 12000's embroidery compare to the Bernina 830? I have found that the Janome MB4 has better stitch quality than the 12000.

Thanks,
Alice

Virginia

Also keep in mind the best way to compare designs is to compare the built in designs for each machine.  Taking a design created other than built in designs can change in the format conversion.  I have never sewed on a Bernina however I have compared the Janome to the Babylock and the Janome is far better in my opinon.  I have had Janome Embroidery machines for about 16 years and have loved each one of them.