Sewing Machine Cabinet

shejmartin1

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

vicki chrobak

I use a regular Horn cabinet, pulled out from the wall enough to accomodate the embroidery arm with an extra inch or so for maneuvering.
Vicki Jo

On 4/4/2013 6:12 PM, shejmartin1 wrote:
I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

sandy k

My cabinets are from

Sent from my iPad Magnolia Springs Quilts

On Apr 4, 2013, at 6:12 PM, "shejmartin1" <shejmartin1@...> wrote:

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

janetpiekarski

I bought a new Horn cabinet that has an electric lift (no more pushing and pulling on the machine to raise and/or lower it), it's just like a ququilters dream with the big extension on the back. In addition there is a plate you put on the drawer when you pull it out that gives you lots of room to the left and in front of the machine. I LOVE it!!

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I use a regular Horn cabinet, pulled out from the wall enough to
accomodate the embroidery arm with an extra inch or so for maneuvering.
Vicki Jo
On 4/4/2013 6:12 PM, shejmartin1 wrote:
I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

JoanV

The 12000 does need a lot of space when embroidering, which meant I needed to pull my horn cabinet away from the wall when in that mode. After researching the newer Horn cabinets which will take the 12000 I decided to ask a carpenter to install some 80 cm kitchen worktop fixed to the wall but with three bedside cabinets to support the weight.

Installed as a corner space roughly 130cm x 220cm but fixed at a lower height so that the needle is at the level that it would be if it were in the lift of a Horn cabinet. There is now a lot more space for a volume of fabric and to put down the scissors and pins.

The bedside cabinets from Dunelm Mill were the only thing we could find at the required height of 60cm but they are quite nice looking oak with three drawers. The complete job cost less than a new Cabinet big enough to take the 12000.

I am well pleased with the outcome and the Horn cabinet is now against another wall and houses the overlocker and two other machines when necessary. I should perhaps add that I am not very tall at 5ft 2in, you would need to take your own height into consideration to avoid stress on your back.

Best regards from UK, Joan

Hope this is helpful. Joan in UK

--- In janome12000@..., "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

I bought a new Horn cabinet that has an electric lift (no more pushing and pulling on the machine to raise and/or lower it), it's just like a ququilters dream with the big extension on the back. In

LJ <LJsewngo@...>

Check out http://www.traceystables.com/
He builds nice units, very stable.

--- In janome12000@..., "shejmartin1" <shejmartin1@...> wrote:

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

ohsewmeo

The 'Joey' cabinet by Koaola (not sure if I spelled that right) comes with a great storage cabinet with drawers and the removable wooden plate for the top left drawer for extra surface area and the table opening fits the 12000 perfectly for table surface sewing. To use the embroidery unit, you do need to raise the machine bed to the table surface height, but that's easy as it is a nice airlift mechanism. It also comes with an adjustable sewing chair and an adorable Momma Kangaroo with a 'Joey' in her pouch. I ordered mine from a company in Texas, I think it was called AllSewingDirect.com or something very similar. The price was right and the service and delivery were excellent.

[...]

mshybridhauler <landlgreer@...>

I had my table made by a local woodworker. Since I quilt with my machine, I had it made 7 feet, with a place cut out for the machine. When I want to embroidery, all I have to do is take the machine out of the cut out and put the cover back on. The cover is like a leaf in a dining table. I love it, and it only cost 350.00, and it's made out of Maple wood.

--- In janome12000@..., "LJ" <LJsewngo@...> wrote:

Check out http://www.traceystables.com/
He builds nice units, very stable.

--- In janome12000@..., "shejmartin1" <shejmartin1@> wrote:

I know this has been discussed before on this site; but I just moved into a new home and would like to buy a new sewing cabinet for my 12000 and also a cutting table with some storage in it. Right now, I am using a table from Ikea.

I would like to get opinions from some of you about what tables or cabinets you use and how you like them.

Thanks.

sew3emb

I had written earlier, however it perhaps is floating in cyber-space so I will try again ;-)
Joan, I would love to see a picture of your sewing cabinet if you wouldn't mind posting one.

I love the idea of it fitting into a corner. Thanks, Zoe