Stitch issue on 7700

Karen

When you use the dual feed foot on the 7700 your needle position setting for the 1/4 inch dual feed foot is 5.5. If the normal "O" 1/4 inch foot is used than the single stitch needle plate can be engaged.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

We are talking about the 7700. Not the 12,000.

In a message dated 3/24/2013 7:32:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
maddieandbud@... writes:

i think when you use the dual feed 1/4 inch piecing foot, your needle
position moves to the right and you can't use your single stitch needle plate.

--- In _janome12000@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:janome12000@yahoogroups.com) ,
Fmjfrazier@ wrote:

When using the dual feed foot for piecing stitch be sure you engage the
dual feed foot and carefully switch to the single hole plate. That may
help.
Be sure you are using the right size needle and that there is no burr on
the needle.

Virginia

In a message dated 3/23/2013 4:59:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pjrulo@ writes:

Jim,

My question is for the 7700 machine and I'm, hoping you might have some
ideas as to what could cause my issue. I'm using Masterpiece thread,
accufeed
1/4 inch foot on quilt stitch 93 piecing quilts. I thought the machine
needed to be serviced so I took it in for maintenance. The top thread
was
making a tiny loop on the bottom fabric every once in a while. When it
came
back from the technician at first it would sew about 2 inches then the
stitches would get very tiny and the fabric wouldn't feed thru. I
rethreaded,
changed the needle, turned it off, turned it on, changed the top tension
to 6
and finally it stopped doing this but now it does the little top loop on
the
bottom side about every 2 inches. I spent most of the afternoon
yesterday
at the shop. They tried everything, changed the foot, changed the bobbin
case, all sorts of other things and finally told me I had to leave the
machine. They were going to call Janome. Do you have any idea what could
cause t
his issue? Your opinion is very much appreciated!

BTW - I love the Volume 1 video guide for the 12000, can't wait to see
the
next one!

Thanks!
Pam

Virginia

--- In janome12000@..., Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

> When using the dual feed foot for piecing stitch be sure you engage the
> dual feed foot and carefully switch to the single hole plate. That may help.
> Be sure you are using the right size needle and that there is no burr on
> the needle.
>
> Virginia
>

> In a message dated 3/23/2013 4:59:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pjrulo@... writes:
>

> Jim,
>
> My question is for the 7700 machine and I'm, hoping you might have some
> ideas as to what could cause my issue. I'm using Masterpiece thread, accufeed
> 1/4 inch foot on quilt stitch 93 piecing quilts. I thought the machine
> needed to be serviced so I took it in for maintenance. The top thread was
> making a tiny loop on the bottom fabric every once in a while. When it came
> back from the technician at first it would sew about 2 inches then the
> stitches would get very tiny and the fabric wouldn't feed thru. I rethreaded,
> changed the needle, turned it off, turned it on, changed the top tension to 6
> and finally it stopped doing this but now it does the little top loop on the
> bottom side about every 2 inches. I spent most of the afternoon yesterday
> at the shop. They tried everything, changed the foot, changed the bobbin
> case, all sorts of other things and finally told me I had to leave the
> machine. They were going to call Janome. Do you have any idea what could cause t
> his issue? Your opinion is very much appreciated!
>
> BTW - I love the Volume 1 video guide for the 12000, can't wait to see the
> next one!
>
> Thanks!
> Pam

Karen

pjrulo@... writes:

[...]

Pinguin

Hello Jim,
thanks for the diagnosis.
And excuses for the confusion, this is a thread issue with the 12000, but I thought it was similar to the one of the 7700 as the lady mentioned the tiny loop.

Gerda

Op 24-03-13 19:52, Jim_Stutsman schreef:

I'm a little confused. Your post said it was a stitch issue on the 7700, but that machine can only go to 7.0 on the right. Only the 12000 (or 8700, 8900, 9900) can go to 9.0. Still, the problem is the same, no matter which machine is involved. I believe the hook timing is off just a bit. What's happening is that the tip of the hook is arriving a little late, as the thread loop is pulling up. Mostly it still catches the loop, but sometimes it pierces the thread, keeping the loop from pulling up until it breaks free from the hook. It's also possible that the timing is fine, but there is a burr on the tip of the hook. Either problem can be corrected by your dealer.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

[...]

Pjrulo <pjrulo@...>

Thanks Jim and Virginia. They said my thread could have not been feeding correctly for the feeding issue. I knew that and made sure that was not the issue. I also changed the needles, made sure nothing was caught in the thread path, removed the foot and reinstalled it, made sure there were no burrs on the foot, the bobbin case, changed threads. The store owner, technician and I were all baffled. Hopefully Janome can assess the issue without it going back to the factory. As you said I am blessed to own the 12000 and love piecing on it!

Thanks for your input.

Pam

Sent from my iPad

Virginia

[...]

Since the feed issue appeared after servicing, I would say something happened during servicing to cause that. The small loop on the bottom could have multiple causes, and calling Janome is probably their best course of action. In the meantime your 12000 can do everything that the 7700 does, better.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the video. We're wrapping up the AcuFil Tool video now. It's becoming clear that the embroidery videos are going to be much longer, perhaps requiring multiple DVDs. Diane is working really hard to get them out ASAP.

pjrulo@bellsouth.net <pjrulo@...>