scant 1/4 seam

cissie0306 <no_reply@...>

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

Regards,
Francisca

Pinguin

Hello Francisca,
where are you in The Netherlands?
I ordered the DVD as well and guess it has arrived by now, but I'm not home at the moment.
Gerda

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, cissie0306 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

gschultz50

When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.

Gwen

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:51:01 AM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] scant 1/4 seam

Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

sandy k

I can't either 

SandyK Magnolia Springs Quilts
From my iPhone 

On Feb 28, 2013, at 2:36 AM, cissie0306 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

are you in the quilting mode?

In a message dated 2/28/2013 12:53:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lawsonfox@... writes:

When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.

Gwen

Virginia

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

Richard and Debra

I have the 8900, which is basically the 12000, without the embroidery part.  My needle was not exactly in the center of my foot.  I could see it was to the left just slightly, and I could not get an accurate 1/4" either.  My dealer/tech adjusted the needle position and now I can get an accurate 1/4"; just a suggestion!

Deb (KY)

--- In janome12000@..., cissie0306 wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.
>
> By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.
>
> Regards,
> Francisca
>

gschultz50

Yes I am.  I use the 1/4 inch foot but still have to move the needle to the 9.0 mark.

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:57:31 PM

In a message dated 2/28/2013 12:53:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lawsonfox@... writes:

Gwen

Virginia

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

angerxleben

I am having this same problem, not just for a "Scant" 1/4 inch but for a "true" 1/4 inch, I think.? I have tried the suggested sewing 3 1 1/2" pieces of fabric together, the center piece should measure 1" the block 3 1/2" and in order to get these measurements I had to move my needle over to 8.9 after choosing the 1/4" in quilting and using my 1/4" foot?

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

In a message dated 2/28/2013 12:53:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lawsonfox@... writes:

When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my
needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to
check it for your individual machine.
Gwen

Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and
the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a
scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot.
When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam
with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

Regards,
Francisca

Lyn Jeglum <bmmlmj@...>

I can't either. I lost almost an 1/8 inch off each of the 30 - 12 inch blocks. Because the Accufeed foot does a scant 1/4, I wonder if the inch foot fabric guide is in the wrong place. It is my experience, none of the straight stitches at the 9mm setting will sew a scant with the regular foot.

Lyn

BC Canada

From: janome12000@yahoogroups.com [mailto:janome12000@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sandy Kent
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:55 AM
To: janome12000@yahoogroups.com

I can't either

SandyK Magnolia Springs Quilts

From my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2013, at 2:36 AM, cissie0306 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

shejmartin1

I have the clearview 1/4 foot with guide and I get a good seam if I move my foot to the right a little (I think it is 8.6 but haven't sewed for a while).

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, lawsonfox@... wrote:

Gwen

----- Original Message -----

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:
<blockquote>

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

</blockquote>

Virginia

Even in the Utility there is a 1/4 inch seam choice.  Press Utility straight stitch and scroll through the different pages with the arrows.

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:23:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, shejmartin1@... writes:

I have the clearview 1/4 foot with guide and I get a good seam if I move my foot to the right a little (I think it is 8.6 but haven't sewed for a while).

--- In janome12000@..., lawsonfox@... wrote:
>
>
>
> When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.
>
> Gwen
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
>
> From: Fmjfrazier@...
> To: janome12000@...
> Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:51:01 AM
> Subject: Re: [janome12000] scant 1/4 seam
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
> Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.
>  
> Virginia
>  
>
> In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:
>
>  
>
>
> Hello all,
>
> maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.
>
>
> Regards,
> Francisca
>
>
>
>
>
> Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.
>  
> Virginia
>  
>
> In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:
>

>  
>
>
> Hello all,
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Francisca
>
>
>
>

>

Vikki Youngmeyer

There is an issue with the 8900 as opposed to other Janome machines as to “how much” a “click” to move the foot to the right or left actually is. I don’t have the specs in front of me as I am at home and they are at work. However, I remember a co-worker saying that the distance between “clicks” on the 8900 was larger than the distance between “clicks” on the other Janome machines. I realize that we are in a quilting environment, and others may be in garment making or designs or whatever where ¼” seams aren’t of a prime consideration. I vaguely remember the “spec” sheets of the two machines do show a difference.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of shejmartin1
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:37 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: scant 1/4 seam

--- In janome12000@..., lawsonfox@... wrote:
>
>
>
> When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.
>
> Gwen
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
>
>
> From: Fmjfrazier@...
> To: janome12000@...
> Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:51:01 AM
> Subject: Re: [janome12000] scant 1/4 seam
>
>  
>
>
>
>
>
>  
> Virginia
>  
>
>
>  
>
>
> Hello all,
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Francisca
>
>
>
>
>
>  
> Virginia
>  
>
>

>  
>
>
> Hello all,
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Francisca
>
>
>
>

>

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2899 / Virus Database: 2641/6139 - Release Date: 02/28/13

Weny

Francesca and Gwen,

I agree with Virginia. Use the O foot, go to T shirt button, click patchwork, and you will find 3 different option in piecing with a true 1/4' seams allowance.  

I used to piece using the 1/4' in the Quilt section of the decorative icon (second page after utility page), and what I got was fat 1/4' seams. I had to move the needle to 8.7, sometimes 8.9 to get a scant one, but still not happy. I also tried the satin stitch F foot, adjust to 8.7 and use the edge of the as the guide. But I can feel my eyes restraint, forced to stay focus aligning the fabric with the foot.

Until now I am happy with the first mode mentioned above.

Cheers,
Weny

Weny

I find this video. It might help :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTruzcju5c

Cheers,
Weny

To: "janome12000@..."
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: scant 1/4 seam

Francesca and Gwen,

I agree with Virginia. Use the O foot, go to T shirt button, click patchwork, and you will find 3 different option in piecing with a true 1/4' seams allowance.  

gbo4

Hi Weny,

After seeing your message I searched YouTube for other videos and found several that were posted 2 weeks ago.

It looks like they took the hint from Jim and Diane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVh124HE8d0 Gathering Foot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj1rZcZmjs4 Clear Quilting Foot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C71Qpx2_ebI FMQ Closed Toe Foot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5OcuWbsR8U Hemmer Foot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pw3bdOuOO4 Bobbin Cases
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gaq1n2yzGQ Buttonhole Foot B
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1F81T4YT6M Binder Foot W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOMTdJ4Nss Long Quilting Bar Set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnsRS9g9hE Border Guide Foot FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPBiURDqtY Beading Foot Z for 9 mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVB2yIs8iVc Concealed Zipper Foot Z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZL1NMNOCc Blind Hem Foot G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWE7HyAers Applique Foot AP
and several more
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=horizon+janome+12000&page=2

Georgia

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Weny <wenahere@...> wrote:

I find this video. It might help :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTruzcju5c

Cheers,
Weny

Sent: Friday, March 1, 2013 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Re: scant 1/4 seam

Francesca and Gwen,

cissie0306 <no_reply@...>

Well, I tried anything but still no scant 1/4 seam with the standard O foot, will use the dual foot instead to get the scant 1/4 seam.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Francisca

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, lawsonfox@... wrote:

Gwen

----- Original Message -----

Virginia

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

<blockquote>

Hello all,

Regards,
Francisca

</blockquote>