scant 1/4 seam

cissie0306 <no_reply@...>

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

Pinguin

Hello Francisca,
where are you in The Netherlands?
I ordered the DVD as well and guess it has arrived by now, but I'm not home at the moment.
Gerda

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, cissie0306 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

gschultz50

When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.

Gwen

Go to the applications (little T-shirt) and select quilting; patchwork and the needle moves to the quarter inch for you perfectly.

Virginia

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@... writes:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

sandy k

I can't either

SandyK Magnolia Springs Quilts
From my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2013, at 2:36 AM, cissie0306 <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

Virginia

are you in the quilting mode?

In a message dated 2/28/2013 12:53:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, lawsonfox@... writes:

[...]

Richard and Debra

I have the 8900, which is basically the 12000, without the embroidery part.  My needle was not exactly in the center of my foot.  I could see it was to the left just slightly, and I could not get an accurate 1/4" either.  My dealer/tech adjusted the needle position and now I can get an accurate 1/4"; just a suggestion!

Deb (KY)

--- In janome12000@..., cissie0306 wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.
>
> By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.
>
> Regards,
> Francisca

gschultz50

Yes I am.  I use the 1/4 inch foot but still have to move the needle to the 9.0 mark.

[...]

angerxleben

I am having this same problem, not just for a "Scant" 1/4 inch but for a "true" 1/4 inch, I think.? I have tried the suggested sewing 3 1 1/2" pieces of fabric together, the center piece should measure 1" the block 3 1/2" and in order to get these measurements I had to move my needle over to 8.9 after choosing the 1/4" in quilting and using my 1/4" foot?

____________________________________

no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

Hello all,

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a
scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot.
When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam
with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

Lyn Jeglum <bmmlmj@...>

I can't either. I lost almost an 1/8 inch off each of the 30 - 12 inch blocks. Because the Accufeed foot does a scant 1/4, I wonder if the inch foot fabric guide is in the wrong place. It is my experience, none of the straight stitches at the 9mm setting will sew a scant with the regular foot.

Lyn

BC Canada

maybe this topic is already been discussed in the group but I can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot (O) but I can with the Accufeed foot. When I move the needle all to the right I still can't sew a scant 1/4 seam with the standard foot. Any tips are welcome.

By the way Jim, love the dvd is has arrived in The Netherlands.

Regards,
Francisca

shejmartin1

I have the clearview 1/4 foot with guide and I get a good seam if I move my foot to the right a little (I think it is 8.6 but haven't sewed for a while).

In a message dated 2/28/2013 9:48:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, no_reply@yahoogroups.com writes:

[...]

Even in the Utility there is a 1/4 inch seam choice.  Press Utility straight stitch and scroll through the different pages with the arrows.

--- In janome12000@..., lawsonfox@... wrote:

> When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.
>
> Gwen

Vikki Youngmeyer

There is an issue with the 8900 as opposed to other Janome machines as to “how much” a “click” to move the foot to the right or left actually is. I don’t have the specs in front of me as I am at home and they are at work. However, I remember a co-worker saying that the distance between “clicks” on the 8900 was larger than the distance between “clicks” on the other Janome machines. I realize that we are in a quilting environment, and others may be in garment making or designs or whatever where ¼” seams aren’t of a prime consideration. I vaguely remember the “spec” sheets of the two machines do show a difference.

Vikki

Houston, TX

I have the clearview 1/4 foot with guide and I get a good seam if I move my foot to the right a little (I think it is 8.6 but haven't sewed for a while).

--- In janome12000@..., lawsonfox@... wrote:

> When I go to applications and choose the 1/4 seam, I still have to move my needle all the way to the right to get a true 1/4 inch seam so be sure to check it for your individual machine.
>
> Gwen

No virus found in this message.

Weny

Francesca and Gwen,

I agree with Virginia. Use the O foot, go to T shirt button, click patchwork, and you will find 3 different option in piecing with a true 1/4' seams allowance.

I used to piece using the 1/4' in the Quilt section of the decorative icon (second page after utility page), and what I got was fat 1/4' seams. I had to move the needle to 8.7, sometimes 8.9 to get a scant one, but still not happy. I also tried the satin stitch F foot, adjust to 8.7 and use the edge of the as the guide. But I can feel my eyes restraint, forced to stay focus aligning the fabric with the foot.

Until now I am happy with the first mode mentioned above.

Cheers,
Weny

Weny

I find this video. It might help :