Topics

embroidering on leather

turcotte37

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

busybee1115 <jeannette.rick.freese@...>

Yes I embroidered on tanned moose hide. Worked nicely.

--- In janome12000@..., "turcotte37" wrote:

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I understand the moose was quite upset because the embroidered design was a target symbol.

--- In janome12000@..., "busybee1115" wrote:

Yes I embroidered on tanned moose hide. Worked nicely.

--- In janome12000@..., "turcotte37" wrote:

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

turcotte37

Did you use a leather needle and also was it a design withfilled stitches? I am looking to embroider on leather handmade baby shoes. Thanks

--- In janome12000@..., "busybee1115" wrote:

Yes I embroidered on tanned moose hide. Worked nicely.

--- In janome12000@..., "turcotte37" wrote:

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

busybee1115 <jeannette.rick.freese@...>

No but the man who is wearing the gaunlets is pretty happy

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

I understand the moose was quite upset because the embroidered design was a target symbol.

--- In janome12000@..., "busybee1115" wrote:

Yes I embroidered on tanned moose hide. Worked nicely.

--- In janome12000@..., "turcotte37" wrote:

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Point and match. Well played!

--- In janome12000@..., "busybee1115" wrote:

No but the man who is wearing the gaunlets is pretty happy

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" wrote:

I understand the moose was quite upset because the embroidered design was a target symbol.

--- In janome12000@..., "busybee1115" wrote:

Yes I embroidered on tanned moose hide. Worked nicely.

--- In janome12000@..., "turcotte37" wrote:

Has anyone tried embroidering on leather. Was it succesful?

busybee1115 <jeannette.rick.freese@...>

Yes, I used a leather needle and the design was with filled stitches but not really really dense if that makes sense.