Topics

Purchase Anxiety

bc76quilts <claybrookbarb@...>

I am new to this group but have enjoyed reading past posts. I am talking with my dealer about trading in my 350e and 6300 for the 12000. I really want a larger hoop than my 5x7. I love both my machines and have major anxiety about having only one machine for both sewing and embroidery. I have not been able to test drive yet (they sold out over Christmas), but hopefully their shipment will come in this week. On the Janome website some people complained about the needle threader. Seems kind of minor to me with all the other bells and whistles. ;)

Laura Catto (Brayford)

I haven't had any issues with my needle threader...also don't think it's a wide spread problem...I think you will really love the 12000...I sure do. As to only having one machine...can't speak to that...I have a couple so never run into the problem..Once you do the test drive you are going to be hooked I am sure....
Happy New Year....

Laura

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:56:56 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Purchase Anxiety

I am new to this group but have enjoyed reading past posts. I am talking with my dealer about trading in my 350e and 6300 for the 12000. I really want a larger hoop than my 5x7. I love both my machines and have major anxiety about having only one machine for both sewing and embroidery. I have not been able to test drive yet (they sold out over Christmas), but hopefully their shipment will come in this week. On the Janome website some people complained about the needle threader. Seems kind of minor to me with all the other bells and whistles. ;)

Donna Morton

The needle threader works just fine.  Nothing to be concerned about.  Many had problems with the needle threader on their 11000’s.  Perhaps that is was you were reading about.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:56 AM

joylaytor

The 12000 is just an awesome machine! Will you get very much for the 6300 on your trade in? If not, you may want to think about keeping it. It is handy to have another machine to sew on while the 12000 is embroidering. Also, I just love the needle threader on the 12000. It works great.
Joy

Virginia

The needle thread on the 11,000 is an entirely different threader than the 12,000.  On the 11,000 you pushed a button on the 12,000 you use your hands.

In a message dated 12/30/2012 1:32:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, broomla@... writes:

I haven't had any issues with my needle threader...also don't think it's a wide spread problem...I think you will really love the 12000...I sure do. As to only having one machine...can't speak to that...I have a couple so never run into the problem..Once you do the test drive you are going to be hooked I am sure....
Happy New Year....

Laura

Thank you, yes I am looking forward to trying it out. I have a Babylock Evolution serger that I also love and would consider the Ellisimo but cost will be more even with trade-in at the BL dealer.

What about the updates on the 12000? How often do they come out and at what expense? As I am a quilter I am particularly interest in the Accufil. Thanks, Barbara

--- In janome12000@..., Laura Brayford <broomla@...> wrote:

Happy New Year....

Laura

bmmlmj <bmmlmj@...>

My needle threader hasn't worked since the day I took my 12000 out of the box. I will get it repaired when I take my machine for servicing.

The minor inconvenience of the needle threader is far outweighed by the wonderful features that do work.

--- In janome12000@..., Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

The needle thread on the 11,000 is an entirely different threader than the
12,000. On the 11,000 you pushed a button on the 12,000 you use your
hands.

In a message dated 12/30/2012 1:32:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
broomla@... writes:

I haven't had any issues with my needle threader...also don't think it's a
wide spread problem...I think you will really love the 12000...I sure do.
As to only having one machine...can't speak to that...I have a couple so
never run into the problem..Once you do the test drive you are going to be
hooked I am sure....
Happy New Year....

Laura

<WBR

I am new to this group but have enjoyed reading past posts. I am talking
with my dealer about trading in my 350e and 6300 for the 12000. I really want
a larger hoop than my 5x7. I love both my machines and have major anxiety
about having only one machine for both sewing and embroidery. I have not
been able to test drive yet (they sold out over Christmas), but hopefully
their shipment will come in this week. On the Janome website some people
complained about the needle threader. Seems kind of minor to me with all the
other bells and whistles. ;)

sandy k

I have to say, of all the brands of machines and models have I owned, this is the only one that does everything good. I could let all my others go and be perfectly happy with the 12000. But I would suggest keeping the 350E to have the 2 smaller hoops, and I use it to travel with. As far as sewing, once you sew on the 12000, you wont want to sew on anything else.

Sandy Kent/Quilter
Magnolia Springs Texas

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:56 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I wish I could keep both my 350e and 6300 and still get the 12000, as i have never had trouble out of either, but we are getting ready for retirement and downsizing so space is a consideration in addition to cost. Hopefully I will get to play with one this week. Keeping my fingers crossed! Barbara

--- In janome12000@..., sandy k <sandys7777@...> wrote:

I have to say, of all the brands of machines and models have I owned, this is the only one that does everything good. I could let all my others go and be perfectly happy with the 12000. But I would suggest keeping the 350E to have the 2 smaller hoops, and I use it to travel with. As far as sewing, once you sew on the 12000, you wont want to sew on anything else.

Sandy Kent/Quilter
Magnolia Springs Texas
www.magnoliaspringsquilts.com

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:56 AM

henriettestein

I am very glad that the needle threader at the 12000 has changed back to the simple one. It allways works perfectly. I do not miss the threader of the 11000, because I often had problems with it, I remember lots of times I had to open the machine to reset it.

--- In janome12000@..., "Donna Morton" <demorton@...> wrote:

The needle threader works just fine. Nothing to be concerned about. Many had problems with the needle threader on their 11000’s. Perhaps that is was you were reading about.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:56 AM

lindahofer88

I could not get my needle threaders to work and was very disappointed. Then I discovered it does not work if the foot is not locked down. Now that I lock my foot it works like a charm. I do not think it tells you that in the manual.

Sent from my iPad

marilyns50

I had the same thing happen to me and played with all the buttons till it worked with the foot down.

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of Linda Hofer
Sent: Tuesday, 1 January 2013 4:20 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Purchase Anxiety

I could not get my needle threaders to work and was very disappointed. Then I discovered it does not work if the foot is not locked down. Now that I lock my foot it works like a charm. I do not think it tells you that in the manual.

Sent from my iPad

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2805 / Virus Database: 2637/5998 - Release Date: 12/30/12

Laura Catto (Brayford)

you should be able to use the threader if the foot is up or down...I like using it when foot down but only cause there is more room. Anyway either way works...

Laura

To: "janome12000@..."
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2012 10:20:23 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Purchase Anxiety

Sent from my iPad