Topics

Advance Stitch count

jsoren@bellsouth.net <jsoren@...>

I replaced my Designer SE with the Janome 12000 and have a question about selecting stitch number. On the Designer I could enter a specific stitch number to go to without having to press the advance key. For example if my design had 12000 stitches and I was at 1, I could enter stitch number 5000 and it would advance to that stitch instantly without cycling through the first 4999 stitches. I can't find a way to do that with my Janome. Which, if you accidentally hit the wrong key and it takes you back to the beginning and you were really at stitch 15000, and the only way you can get back there is press the + key until it cycles though all those stitches, is a real pain. Please tell me there is a way to do that. I'll still love my Janome if there isn't, but I'm hoping there is. Thanks!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There's good news and bad news. The bad news is that you cannot enter a stitch number to go to directly. However the good news is that if you keep your finger on the plus button, the machine will initially advance 1 stitch at a time, then 10 at a time, and then 100 at a time. So you can get where you need to be pretty quickly. Also, if you have activated the Resume function in the Embroidery SET screen, whenever you stop embroidering you can turn the machine off and when you turn it back on it will pick up where you stopped. Finally, to skip to a specific section even faster, you can touch the last color that you want to skip, and stitching will start at the next color after that.

--- In janome12000@..., "jsoren@..." <jsoren@...> wrote:

I replaced my Designer SE with the Janome 12000 and have a question about selecting stitch number. On the Designer I could enter a specific stitch number to go to without having to press the advance key. For example if my design had 12000 stitches and I was at 1, I could enter stitch number 5000 and it would advance to that stitch instantly without cycling through the first 4999 stitches. I can't find a way to do that with my Janome. Which, if you accidentally hit the wrong key and it takes you back to the beginning and you were really at stitch 15000, and the only way you can get back there is press the + key until it cycles though all those stitches, is a real pain. Please tell me there is a way to do that. I'll still love my Janome if there isn't, but I'm hoping there is. Thanks!

vicki chrobak

On 12/29/2012 4:35 PM, jsoren@... wrote:
replaced my Designer SE with the Janome 12000 and have a question about selecting stitch number. On the Designer I could enter a specific stitch number to go to without having to press the advance key. For example if my design had 12000 stitches and I was at 1, I could enter stitch number 5000 and it would advance to that stitch instantly without cycling through the first 4999 stitches. I can't find a way to do that with my Janome. Which, if you accidentally hit the wrong key and it takes you back to the beginning and you were really at stitch 15000, and the only way you can get back there is press the + key until it cycles though all those stitches, is a real pain. Please tell me there is a way to do that. I'll still love my Janome if there isn't, but I'm hoping there is. Thanks!
Sorry jsoren, the 12000 doesn't have that feature. The closest you can come,to my knowledge, is use the color selection arrows along with the + or - keys. But being a 20+ year Husqvarna girl (& I still have my Ruby), I can say it's a small inconvenience. This machine is a true gem & workhorse. Not to mention that the accessories are much more affordable.

--
Vicki Jo

jsoren@bellsouth.net <jsoren@...>

Thanks for your quick reply. I had figured out the other shortcuts, was just hoping for a better solution to my stupidity. Where my frustration kicked in was when I was running a 98000 stitch 1 color design and was at about 45000. LOL. I LOVE the resume function.

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

There's good news and bad news. The bad news is that you cannot enter a stitch number

oddduck25

I agree with Vicki that you can't enter a stitch to jump to it, but as you hold the + or - button longer, it starts skipping more stitches at a time. First by ones, then tens, then hundreds. I'm not sure if it goes all the way to skipping by thousands. Also, if you know the stitch you need is in a certain color, you can advance to the start of that color and then use the + key to get to the specific stitch.

-Whitney