Clothsetter for MC12000

berninahusq

My dealer told me that my Clothsetter arrived. I wasn't expecting it until after the holidays. I'll pick it up next week.
Kanga

sewing2171

Hi Kanga,

How exciting. I always love using a clothsetter. I would love to know what you think of it when you get it - may have to get myself one :)

Enjoy!

Nita

--- In janome12000@..., "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

My dealer told me that my Clothsetter arrived. I wasn't expecting it until after the holidays. I'll pick it up next week.
Kanga

sewnana1990 <marsha.ryan@...>

I got my clothsetter last week. I love it. It is made like the one for the 10K. Finally I can line things up exactly!
Marsha

--- In janome12000@..., "sewing2171" <jwragg1@...> wrote:

Hi Kanga,

How exciting. I always love using a clothsetter. I would love to know what you think of it when you get it - may have to get myself one :)

Enjoy!

Nita

threadships

Will you please tell me which country you live in? I am in Canada and so far am unable to find any information on a clothsetter for the 1200.

--- In janome12000@..., "sewnana1990" <marsha.ryan@...> wrote:

I got my clothsetter last week. I love it. It is made like the one for the 10K. Finally I can line things up exactly!
Marsha

--- In janome12000@..., "sewing2171" <jwragg1@> wrote:

Hi Kanga,

How exciting. I always love using a clothsetter. I would love to know what you think of it when you get it - may have to get myself one :)

Enjoy!

Nita

sewnana1990 <marsha.ryan@...>

I am in the US, state of Virginia. We have had them on order since the middle of October. As soon as our rep gave us the part number. The store still has 1 in stock if you are interested. (I work, I mean play there every so often.)

Marsha

--- In janome12000@..., "threadships" <genevieveadams@...> wrote:

Will you please tell me which country you live in? I am in Canada and so far am unable to find any information on a clothsetter for the 1200.

--- In janome12000@..., "sewnana1990" <marsha.ryan@> wrote:

I got my clothsetter last week. I love it. It is made like the one for the 10K. Finally I can line things up exactly!
Marsha

--- In janome12000@..., "sewing2171" <jwragg1@> wrote:

Hi Kanga,

How exciting. I always love using a clothsetter. I would love to know what you think of it when you get it - may have to get myself one :)

Enjoy!

Nita

linynp

Marsha I didn't think they came out yet!!!  I've been waiting and now not patiently LOL,  guess I'll have to re telephone them and then wait again grrrrr .  Wish they had them in stock.  You are lucky!!!!!! (green with envy!)
Nancy W

joylaytor

I am new to the Clothsetter concept. Can someone explain how it works and why I might want/need one? Is the one for the 12000 huge and bulky? I couldn't find a picture on the Janome website. I already have the PAL laser light but I don't know what I would be missing. Thanks!
Joy

sewnana1990 <marsha.ryan@...>

I just makes getting the item hooped exactly as you want it. I have the pal also but am not real happy with it because I am used to the clothsetter. Look at this video as it shows mutiple hooping with the 11K clothsetter. It will give you an idea of how it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jz_VmWyevc

I use a clothesetter for everything I want placed in an exact spot.
Marsha

--- In janome12000@..., "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

I am new to the Clothsetter concept. Can someone explain how it works and why I might want/need one? Is the one for the 12000 huge and bulky? I couldn't find a picture on the Janome website. I already have the PAL laser light but I don't know what I would be missing. Thanks!
Joy

Susan L Smith <quiltingsusan@...>

Yes, Please explain the clothsetter and why I would want one.  What is the PAL laser light?

Susan

joylaytor

Susan,
The PAL laser light is a cross-hair beam of light that lets you align your project in the hoop. The base is not as heavy as I would like, but it works pretty well. See the YouTube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gYKCXG8-M

Joy

Angela <amm2043@...>

I have been using my clothsetter for the 12000 for the past two days and would not give it up for anything! I tried the PAL at my dealer and was just as disappointed in it as the dealer was. They are not recommending the PAL at all. The clothsetter just makes it easier to hoop all the way around. No more "chasing" the bottom hoop all over the place as you try to insert the inner hoop and keep everything square at the same time!

[...]

Angela, How big and bulky is the Clothsetter?

Susan L Smith <quiltingsusan@...>

How much is the Clothsetter running?  i can't find any prices on the web.
Susan

Angela <amm2043@...>

It is approximately 26" long and 14" deep. There are no legs; it sets flat on the table. The arm extends to about 4" above the surface.

I will say it is not easy to store because the arm does come off for storage as in the 11000 clothsetter. If it did, it would still go back in the box and stand two inches high!

--- In janome12000@..., "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

Angela, How big and bulky is the Clothsetter?

Donna Morton

Hi Angela

Can you upload a picture of the cloth setter to the group files so we can see what it looks like?
Thanks in advance.

Donna M
Canada

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "sewnana1990" wrote:

> I just makes getting the item hooped exactly as you want it. I have the pal also but am not real happy with it because I am used to the clothsetter. Look at this video as it shows mutiple hooping with the 11K clothsetter. It will give you an idea of how it is.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jz_VmWyevc
>
> I use a clothesetter for everything I want placed in an exact spot.
> Marsha
>
> --- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" wrote:
> >
> > I am new to the Clothsetter concept. Can someone explain how it works and why I might want/need one? Is the one for the 12000 huge and bulky? I couldn't find a picture on the Janome website. I already have the PAL laser light but I don't know what I would be missing. Thanks!
> > Joy

sewnana1990 <marsha.ryan@...>

I will post a photo a little later today.
Marsha

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@> wrote:

I am new to the Clothsetter concept. Can someone explain how it works and why I might want/need one? Is the one for the 12000 huge and bulky? I couldn't find a picture on the Janome website. I already have the PAL laser light but I don't know what I would be missing. Thanks!
Joy

Shirley Oglesby

Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a Janome 12000 clothsetter?

Shirley in Dallas Tex.

Vikki Youngmeyer

If you find out, I would like to know too!

Vikki

Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a Janome 12000 clothsetter?

Shirley in Dallas Tex.

No virus found in this message.

gbo4

I've been quoted about $230.

Georgia

Does anyone know how much I should expect to pay for a Janome 12000 clothsetter?

Shirley in Dallas Tex.

Angela <amm2043@...>

I paid $249.99 which is MSRP fromJanome.

--- In janome12000@..., Georgia Olivier <gbo4@...> wrote:

I've been quoted about $230.

Georgia