dual feed

qpierce@sbcglobal.net <qpierce@...>

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still engaged.

Virginia

I know exactly what you mean.  I am truly not impressed with the attachment and how it works.  I have the 7700 and decided that  the dual feed was much better than my 12,000,  Just a small hint the new machine coming out October 20th  to replace the 7700 which I believe is called the 8700 has the same foot set up as the 12,000.  I have decided the 7700 is the better and I am going to keep my 7700 for a long time

Virginia.

In a message dated 10/17/2012 5:00:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, qpierce@... writes:

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still engaged.

Donna Morton

Yes.  It just happens.  Not sure why but whenever I notice the feed is off I check and push it back in.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:27 PM
Subject: [janome12000] dual feed

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still engaged.

sandy k

I have had a problem too. Was sewing Koozies and it either popped out or skipped stitches so I had to switch to my trusty 6600. This is the only problem I have had with the 12000.

SandyK from my iPhone

--- In janome12000@..., "qpierce@..." <qpierce@...> wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still engaged.
Thank you for the replies. Now I know I am not crazy! I have only had the 12000 for a month or so. I have had 6600 in the past and as much of a pain it was to put the dual feed on it did great. I was just at my dealers yesterday complaining about it and we looked at the 8900 and we had a hard time getting it to unengage. I will tell him about your responses and he will call Janome with the complaint.

Cheryl Paul

Hi Ginger,

Now I understand, why you aren't happy with the acuflex system. That has never happened to me but I must say I haven't used the system all that often. I am using it though to sew a fleece called "PT Power Shield". So far all has gone well with seaming and top stitching. I'm using a Schmetz #14 microtex needle and I'm not sure that is the right one, but I haven't had any skipped stitches that I can see - that isn't easy as black is a difficult fabric as it absorbs ALL the light. I'm also using the wide foot.

Another thing I've tried was seaming my Tumbling Blocks from the "Not Your Grandmother's Tumbling Blocks" by Marci Baker. I am amazed at how accurate the sewing is on this wonderful machine. I do have to admit that I didn't try it on my 7700 and I think I will do that, just to make a good comparison.

What I have done on my 7700 was to sew a binding on 2 quilts, using the binder attachment. I have the sewing table for this machine and I must say that I was really impressed with both the attachment and the combo of 7700 and table. It is exactly the right height for me and the space even though it is narrow was perfect. One quilt was a large crib and the other a single bed size. I haven't tried anything larger yet, but I will. I want to use my 12000 also for this but I have to figure out a way to get to the right height. My space for doing bulky work is just to high - probably is for sewing to, but I up and down to the iron several times in an hour, where as you aren't when sewing on a binding - shoulders get sore when I'm at the machine to long. I guess that means time to fix the counter, but it is built in.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

qpierce@... writes:

Hi,

Has anyone ever had a problem with the dual feed device popping out so
that it isn't engaged? I did alot of in the ditch and was having problems with
the feed and realized that it had popped out so I have to keep checking
the back of the foot where it attaches on the bar to make sure it is still
engaged.

linynp

Yup but it was operator error LOL!  Totally my fault.  Although, if you think about it a large thick quilt, when not engaged or properly attached dual feed, can cause it to pop out in theory IMHO.

Nancy

vaughnthompson58

Yes, I too have had the same problem with the 12000. I hope Janome will soon come out with a fix for us. It seems that way too many are having the same issue.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass....

it's about learning how to dance in the rain!

Julie

I love the dual feed attachment on the 12k machine.  With the 7700 it’s very difficult to change the feet but with the 12k it’s really easy.  You won’t have good stitching with the dual feed and 12k, however, if you don’t engage it.  Without the dual feed I would not be able to sew silky type fabrics or lining, but it does it beautifully.  I would take the 12k dual feed over the 7700 anytime.  If it is popping out on you, then perhaps you don’t have it engaged correctly or the dealer needs to look at it.

Julie

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

"Fmjfrazier@..." fraziervirginia85