I ordered a remote thread cutting pedal for my Horizon MC12000. Does anyone know how the new remote thread cutting pedal will work on the MC12000 (how it looks like, where it connects on the MC12000, etc.)? There is nothing specifically on it on any Janome site or even how it will work on the MC8900QCP.
Thanks!

vicki chrobak

On 10/11/2012 10:22 PM, berninahusq wrote:
I ordered a remote thread cutting pedal for my Horizon MC12000. Does anyone know how the new remote thread cutting pedal will work on the MC12000 (how it looks like, where it connects on the MC12000, etc.)? There is nothing specifically on it on any Janome site or even how it will work on the MC8900QCP.
Thanks!
I truly would like to know what it is, etc. also.

--
Vicki Jo

Laura Catto (Brayford)

I have never heard of this item...is it something new that has come out?

Laura

From: vicki chrobak
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:51:28 PM
Subject: Re: [janome12000] Remote Thread Cutting Pedal

On 10/11/2012 10:22 PM, berninahusq wrote:
> I ordered a remote thread cutting pedal for my Horizon MC12000. Does anyone know how the new remote thread cutting pedal will work on the MC12000 (how it looks like, where it connects on the MC12000, etc.)? There is nothing specifically on it on any Janome site or even how it will work on the MC8900QCP.
> Thanks!
I truly would like to know what it is, etc. also.

--
Vicki Jo

pam.fromthecraftroom <fromthecraftroom@...>

The MC8900 comes with a remote thread cutter port, so the machine can be used on a quilt frame or with the optional remote thread cutting pedal. is this what you are talking about?

--- In janome12000@..., "berninahusq" <berninahusq@...> wrote:

I ordered a remote thread cutting pedal for my Horizon MC12000. Does anyone know how the new remote thread cutting pedal will work on the MC12000 (how it looks like, where it connects on the MC12000, etc.)? There is nothing specifically on it on any Janome site or even how it will work on the MC8900QCP.
Thanks!

berninahusq

--- In janome12000@..., "pam.fromthecraftroom" <fromthecraftroom@...> wrote:

The MC8900 comes with a remote thread cutter port, so the machine can be used on a quilt frame or with the optional remote thread cutting pedal. is this what you are talking about?
Yes, My dealer also told me that the remote thread cutting pedal attaches to a remote thread cutter port. i wonder if the port is on the larger foot pedal that I also ordered so that the remote thread cutting pedal would work on the MC12000. This is my first Janome and there is no mention of it in its manual.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

While the 8200/8900 machines were based on the 12000, the thread cutting port almost certainly requires hardware that the 12000 does not have. It would also require a software update to the 12000 to implement such a port.

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

While the 8200/8900 machines were based on the 12000, the thread cutting port almost certainly requires hardware that the 12000 does not have. It would also require a software update to the 12000 to implement such a port.
That was my concern as well. I visited my dealer today to pick up the rest of the other things that I ordered that they did not have in stock when I bought the MC12000 (all the optional 9mm and Acufeed feet, Acufil Quilting Kit, quilt binder set, hard trolley case, 5-thread spool stand, blue low tension bobbin case, etc.). I wanted to have have all the presser feet and accessories for my MC12000 like I do for all my BERNINAs, Pfaffs, Vikings and Elnas.

I asked my dealer if the large foot control and remote cutter would work on the MC12000. She said that Janome told her that the large foot control and remote cutter will work on all Janomes with the automatic thread cutter, including the MC12000 without a firmware update. (Interesting I thought!) She had a MC8900 on display and showed me the large foot control that came with it and showed me where the remote cutter port was on the side where the remote cutter would plug into it. My large foot control and remote cutter are on back order, as well as the Clothsetter for the MC12000 which will be available this Winter. So on faith from what Janome told my dealer, I will report how it works on my MC12000 as soon as I get it.

cladydi328@...

Does anyone know if the clothsetter that was with the MC11000, will it work on the 12000?
If it will I will keep it instead of selling it with the 11000.
Thank you,
Diane in NC