New Machine

vicki chrobak

So does anyone know what this new machine is that is being released Oct. 20th?
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The 8200 and 8900 are non-embroidery versions of the 12000. They have the same feed system, with differing number of stitches and accessories. They are being promoted for quilting.

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

So does anyone know what this new machine is that is being released Oct.
20th?
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Whew-that's a relief! I certainly couldn't imagine how they could improve on the 12000--except a smaller hoop & a roller foot.
Vicki Jo

On 9/30/2012 8:46 AM, Jim_Stutsman wrote:
The 8200 and 8900 are non-embroidery versions of the 12000. They have the same feed system, with differing number of stitches and accessories. They are being promoted for quilting.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Have you ever tried the Ultra-Glide (aka Teflon) foot? Diane has found it works at least as well and usually better than the roller foot.

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Whew-that's a relief! I certainly couldn't imagine how they could
improve on the 12000--except a smaller hoop & a roller foot.
Vicki Jo
On 9/30/2012 8:46 AM, Jim_Stutsman wrote:
The 8200 and 8900 are non-embroidery versions of the 12000. They have the same feed system, with differing number of stitches and accessories. They are being promoted for quilting.

vicki chrobak

No I haven't Jim. I presume that is an optional foot since I don't see it listed in the manual? Yes, I've used teflon feet before & they are good for certain things but I really like the roller foot for going over heavy seams (i.e. jeans, etc.). Makes it much easier.
Vicki Jo

On 9/30/2012 11:36 AM, Jim_Stutsman wrote:
Have you ever tried the Ultra-Glide (aka Teflon) foot? Diane has found it works at least as well and usually better than the roller foot.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Foot U (part #202091000) is optional for the 12000. For heavy seams, such as jeans, you also have a handy feature on the standard A foot. I've put up a short video on how it works here:
http://onlinesewing.com/seams/
Although the video is short, it's high resolution. Unless you have rock star bandwidth, it will likely stall out on the first play. Just let it finish downloading and then you can replay it all the way through.

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

No I haven't Jim. I presume that is an optional foot since I don't see
it listed in the manual? Yes, I've used teflon feet before & they are
good for certain things but I really like the roller foot for going over
heavy seams (i.e. jeans, etc.). Makes it much easier.
Vicki Jo

On 9/30/2012 11:36 AM, Jim_Stutsman wrote:
Have you ever tried the Ultra-Glide (aka Teflon) foot? Diane has found it works at least as well and usually better than the roller foot.

vicki chrobak

DUH! You just gave me a huge Avon moment Jim. I had totally forgotten that from The Foot Book DVD. That will definitely work. Thank you. I will still get the U foot-that teflon comes in handy.
Vicki Jo

--
Vicki Jo

Julie

I don’t know why you would need a roller foot.  The Teflon works great and so do the acufeed feet.  I’ve not found anything yet that I would have used a roller foot on that the Teflon foot can’t do – especially sewing on vinyl.  This is a really great machine that I’ve not found any fault with and I bought it a year ago today.  A 5x7 hoop would be nice to have and I agree with that.

Julie in TX

Re: New Machine

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 am (PDT) . Posted by:

"vicki chrobak" vchrobak

Whew-that's a relief! I certainly couldn't imagine how they could
improve on the 12000--except a smaller hoop & a roller foot.
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Julie, I got used to using the roller foot on heavy seams with my Vikings.  However, Jim reminded me that the little black button on the A foot performs pretty much the same function.  Yes, I will also be getting the teflon (U) foot.
Thank you for the input.
Vicki Jo

On 10/1/2012 9:44 AM, Julie wrote:

I don’t know why you would need a roller foot.  The Teflon works great and so do the acufeed feet.  I’ve not found anything yet that I would have used a roller foot on that the Teflon foot can’t do – especially sewing on vinyl.  This is a really great machine that I’ve not found any fault with and I bought it a year ago today.  A 5x7 hoop would be nice to have and I agree with that.

Julie in TX

gbmko

Don't you use a roller foot on those tight seams on gloves? Or am I thinking of something else.

OK, I have a question. What if you don't want to use the A foot, because you want to use the dual feed foot, or the 1/4 inch foot? I'll agree that when using the A foot, I can sew through just about any thickness, (and have sewed through numerous denim seams at once when sewing a recycled denim bag). But when trying to use the dual feed, as soon as I come to any sort of area where the foot is uneven, either going up or down a seam, I get skipped stitches. Any suggestions? I have another machine that would sew a nice straight stitch with no skips, no matter how much of an angle the foot was forced to endure...I'd break a needle if not careful, but never a skipped stitch. I'm also getting skipped stitches at the corners of a placemat when sewing a 1/8 inch seam around the perimeter. Any suggestions for trouble shooting are much appreciated! It is the only thing that I have been disappointed in. Everything else about the machine is great.

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Julie, I got used to using the roller foot on heavy seams with my
Vikings. However, Jim reminded me that the little black button on the A
foot performs pretty much the same function. Yes, I will also be
getting the teflon (U) foot.
Thank you for the input.
Vicki Jo

On 10/1/2012 9:44 AM, Julie wrote:

I don't know why you would need a roller foot. The Teflon works great
and so do the acufeed feet. I've not found anything yet that I would
have used a roller foot on that the Teflon foot can't do -- especially
sewing on vinyl. This is a really great machine that I've not found
any fault with and I bought it a year ago today. A 5x7 hoop would be
nice to have and I agree with that.

Julie in TX

stitchnpatch

Hi - I was stitching a bag during the summer with some really thick seams and had the same problem of skipped stitches - I was trying to go through about 8 layers of fabric! I tried all sorts of things and in the end using a larger needle solved the problem. The bag turned out just as I'd hoped and I was really pleased with the end result - especially as it was for someone else.

Vicki

tzfardaha

useful link for webinars + tips etc.
http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/ProjectCenter/Webinars