From: momin8tor5
To: janome12000@...
Sent: Friday, September 7, 2012 4:21 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Janome Dealer Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a Janome dealer in Southern California that is really an expert in the Janome 11000 or 12000? I have been researching the 11000 for over a year and the 12000 since it made it's debut, but when talking with a few dealers, no one seems to be very confident about what the machines offer. One of them did not carry the machines on their sales floor, but they wanted to sell me one.

I realize the 12000 has only been out about 1 year, but I would think someone has some real experience on it. The dealer I met with today had not heard about the AcuFil Quilting Kit yet. Hence, I had to bring them up to speed.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
RC

grandma

I can recommend Temecula Valley Sewing Center. Here is their link http://www.tv-sewingcenter.com/

They went to the convention for the 12,000 and the owner is very knowledegable in answering any questions I have had. (I live in another state, but I have spoken to him and he gave me very good advice regarding the 12,000). I am from California so when my local dealer could not answer any questions I had regarding the 12,000 I just kind of gravitated back home to California and figure I can go to their store when I am there visiting family, etc.

He has a knowledgeable staff and an interesting informative website.

Hope this helps.

Barbara

There is a Sew N Vac in Long Beach. That is where I bought mine.
I also bought the Acufil Quilting Kit I'm just learning it on my own. I have a lady from Sew N Vac that
is learning it with me.

Can anyone recommend a Janome dealer in Southern California that is really an expert in the Janome 11000 or 12000? I have been researching the 11000 for over a year and the 12000 since it made it's debut, but when talking with a few dealers, no one seems to be very confident about what the machines offer. One of them did not carry the machines on their sales floor, but they wanted to sell me one.

I realize the 12000 has only been out about 1 year, but I would think someone has some real experience on it. The dealer I met with today had not heard about the AcuFil Quilting Kit yet. Hence, I had to bring them up to speed.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
RC

Cheryl Paul

If you go to Janome.com which is the Janome America website, you can get a list of dealers by putting in a zip code for the area you desire. I have read some very good stuff a fellow by the name of "Skunkbad", as he is know on the Janome's website forum. If you search him out on the Janome site, you might find him and his store. I don't know if they have the 12000 in their store, but he sure has helped a few folks with the technical things that seem to go wrong with their machines from time to time.

Cheryl - Saskatoon, SK Canada

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "momin8tor5" <momin8tor@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Janome dealer in Southern California that is really an expert in the Janome 11000 or 12000? I have been researching the 11000 for over a year and the 12000 since it made it's debut, but when talking with a few dealers, no one seems to be very confident about what the machines offer. One of them did not carry the machines on their sales floor, but they wanted to sell me one.

I realize the 12000 has only been out about 1 year, but I would think someone has some real experience on it. The dealer I met with today had not heard about the AcuFil Quilting Kit yet. Hence, I had to bring them up to speed.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
RC

shejmartin1

I do know that if you look for dealers on the Janome site, it says whether they are 11000 or 12000 "certified". Maybe that would help.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "momin8tor5" <momin8tor@...> wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Janome dealer in Southern California that is really an expert in the Janome 11000 or 12000? I have been researching the 11000 for over a year and the 12000 since it made it's debut, but when talking with a few dealers, no one seems to be very confident about what the machines offer. One of them did not carry the machines on their sales floor, but they wanted to sell me one.

I realize the 12000 has only been out about 1 year, but I would think someone has some real experience on it. The dealer I met with today had not heard about the AcuFil Quilting Kit yet. Hence, I had to bring them up to speed.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
RC

Andrea LaVergne

Go onto the Janome web site and in the "find a dealer" put in your zip code. If the store has been certified to sell the 12000 they will have that icon next to their name. Where are you in So Cal?
Andrea

Virginia

Some dealers are not selling it because they did not attend the Janome Institute when it was debuted.  I have heard that unless they attended Institute or arranged for special training they could not sell it.  That may have changed.

tzfardaha

Trevor Conquergood at http://www.sunsetstitches.com/Home.html
has fabulous tutorials on Digitizer. I also recommend taking a course for machine embroidery.
Rena

momin8tor5

Thank you everyone. I will check out the recommendations. I hope to have a 12000 in my home soon.

RC