Piecing Question-suggestion and another question!

gbmko

the clear view quilting foot with guides is well worth getting, and it is not very expensive. I do not like the feet with the built on seam guides, as I like to sew right up to the pin, and I find they get in the way. You can take the guides off the clear foot, and you have a removable center guide for ditch stithing. Plus there are all those markings for pivoting, etc. I have my stitch width set at 8.6, which gives me the perfect 1/4 inch. My favorite foot for piecing.

Where I have had some problems stitching, is when I do a right side together and turn method of finishing, and sew a scant 1/8 inch around the edges. When I pivot at the corner, I cannot get the machine to move the fabric forward, (no matter what foot I tried! I even tried the A foot, so I could lock it) and I was ending up with some skipped, big stitches at the corner. But then I tried using that included button shank tool to set behind the foot, and the feed dogs would grab that and move the fabric along with great stithes, then. Hey, it worked, but does anyone have a better solution?

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julia" <calnjul@...> wrote:

Hello,

I just purchased the 12000 yesterday afternoon! I'm so excited to learn the machine. Wanted to try piecing, so I read how in the manual to attach the wide accufeed foot with the OD foot. I found the quilting screen, and chose Q2. Then I read and found where to move the needle over. I moved it as far as it would go to 9.0. I would like to be able to see the fabric as I sew, so I might get the clear piecing foot.

My question is this. Machine sewed fine piecing, until I sewed over an intersection, then it pulled the fabric to the left and sewed an even shorter seam. So I knew to slow down and make sure I was pushing the fabric with a tighter rein to the right over an intersection.

What to do? Is it because the fabric isn't completely covering the feed dogs ? How do you gals get around this ? I looked in your posts, but couldn't find the answer. How do you make piecing simple, accurate, and fast?

Thank you, Julia

Sherry Martin

This is another reason I like the auto presser foot lifter. When I get to a pin I stop and the presser foot automatically goes up so I can keep sewing with the pin going underneath the guide. I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

However, I do have the clear view foot coming to me.

Brubakers Sewing has received quite a few of the feet and I have ordered them from them (with a discount for being a Yahoo group member). My dealer doesn't have the extra feet in yet; and I've really been wanting the acu-feed straight stitch; because I'm hoping I can see behind the needle better so I am getting both of these feet plus a couple of others.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

[...]

janetpiekarski

The Acufeed straight foot comes with the machine (or do you mean the wide acufeed foot as a straight stitch foot?) The straight stitch foot is wonderful.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

[...]

I didn't get an acufeed straight stitch foot with my machine. That is the foot with just the little hole for the needle to go down, so you can only sew straight stitch with it. I ordered it because it looks in the picture like it is more open behind the hole so I can see better when to pivot when I am quilting. The little bar behind the hole on the regular acufeed foot kind of covers up the stitching.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

[...]

Anne <csarina43@...>

Sherry,

I have looked on Brudbeckers? page and am blowed if I c an see the feet for the 12000. Janome in the UK do not seem to have them........

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Brubakers do not list all of the available feet on their website. Use the "Contact Us" link at the top of their page (www.brubakerssewing.com) to ask about the feet you are interested in.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

Sherry,

I have looked on Brudbeckers? page and am blowed if I c an see the feet for the 12000. Janome in the UK do not seem to have them........

stitchnpatch

Anne - I have just arrived back from my day's training at Janome UK in Stockport and they have most of the feet available, one or two are out of stock at the moment. Give them a ring to find out what they have and to order direct.
Vicki

Liz

The Acufeed straight foot comes with the machine
I'm having a senior moment.... what # is the foot on the list of contents page in Manual. I can't find a SS foot. Liz

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

If you are looking for a dual feed straight stitch foot, that would be STD (part #202102005), which does not come with the machine. There is also a snap-on straight stitch foot ST (part #202083009), and it also does not come with the machine. The only feet that come with the machine that have a single hole are zipper foot E (center position) and Free Motion feet QC and QO.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <dse7sew@...> wrote:

The Acufeed straight foot comes with the machine
I'm having a senior moment.... what # is the foot on the list of contents page in Manual. I can't find a SS foot. Liz

Liz

Thanks Jim I didn't think there was one that came with the machine, just thought a previous thread said that a SS foot came with the machine and thought I had missed something. all good Liz

janetpiekarski

No, there really IS a dual feed straight stitch foot. I know this becasue my machine DID come with it. It is called the "VD" foot and it is the other "skinny" foot for the single dual feed foot. The manual lists dual feed-twin and dual feed-single. It SHOULD have come with your machine. The part number is 859835101. Not to be confused with the twin straight stitch foot that Jim may be talking about.

If you are looking for a dual feed straight stitch foot, that would be STD (part #202102005), which does not come with the machine. There is also a snap-on straight stitch foot ST (part #202083009), and it also does not come with the machine. The only feet that come with the machine that have a single hole are zipper foot E (center position) and Free Motion feet QC and QO.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <dse7sew@> wrote:

The Acufeed straight foot comes with the machine
I'm having a senior moment.... what # is the foot on the list of contents page in Manual. I can't find a SS foot. Liz

Cheryl Paul

Hi,

I think there may be some confusion here. My MC12000 came with a single or skinny single flex foot and one attachment - the zipper foot but it is not a straight stitch only foot and the wider dual flex foot and a 1/4" and maybe another (can't remember as I purchased others later). It will do all the decorative stitches too, but can get in closer to what you are sewing more easily. What was asked is, straight stitch ONLY foot and that did not come with my machine - it is an EXTRA that was made available shortly after the machine was launched. It has a small hole so that fabric can't get pushed down into the bobbin area as easily.

Cheryl - Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

If you are looking for a dual feed straight stitch foot, that would be STD (part #202102005), which does not come with the machine. There is also a snap-on straight stitch foot ST (part #202083009), and it also does not come with the machine. The only feet that come with the machine that have a single hole are zipper foot E (center position) and Free Motion feet QC and QO.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <dse7sew@> wrote:

The Acufeed straight foot comes with the machine
I'm having a senior moment.... what # is the foot on the list of contents page in Manual. I can't find a SS foot. Liz

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

You're right, there is confusion. Because the VD foot is narrow, it seems like it should be a straight stitch foot. But if you look at it, there is a 9mm wide opening in that foot. A true straight stitch foot has only a single hole for use in center needle position. Until you can get the straight stitch foot mentioned in my post below, you can use the center needle position with the ED foot and straight stitch plate without having to worry about the fabric being pushed down through the hole. And yes, it's puzzling why a machine that has had so much attention paid to quilting would not come with a straight stitch foot!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl" <capaul@...> wrote:

[...]

Speaking of "straight stitch foot", quilting, etc, first of all I want to say I absolutely love the 9mm stitch width for the beautiful decorative stitches, BUT, when I do a pattern that has 12 points coming together, I haven't even attempted it on the 12000, as I don't think I'd get the perfection I attain when I use up to a 5.5 mm width machine only, as I want the straight stitch plate, and the 1/4 inch foot, and for the fabric to be going over both feed dogs, which just isn't possible with a center needle position on a 9 mm machine sewing a 1/4 inch seam. So, to be perfect, the included straight stitch/embroidery plate, needed to have a puka (Hawaiian for hole)on the right at the scant 1/4 inch needle position (or a seperate plate?), with a straight stitch 1/4 inch foot! Ah, if the Janome designers just included those of us in this group, imagine what the machine would include and be capable of doing...or we would in reality probably just drive them crazy! Barbara Jean

And yes, it's puzzling why a machine that has had so much attention paid to quilting would not come with a straight stitch foot!

Cheryl Paul

Oh, Barbara Jean, can't you imagine the fun we'd have. I agree with you but I'm sure I'd be one of those that forgot to change something and end up with a broken needle or two. So far I've been lucky. One time I forgot to change the plate on my Horizon 7700 and hobbled my fabric to the foot and needle plate when I changed to zig zag - lucky that the default was the same width. Can you imagine how cross I was when the fabric didn't feed. I was also stupidly angry at the machine - like "what's wrong with this thing?" mad.

I'm glad we challenge the designers - they need our input so that everything gets improved with our machines and the next ones to come.

Cheryl - Saskatoon