Answers bobbin message

Pinguin

Hello,
a (temporary) solution is to keep the thread that is left on the bobbin there and wind over it. So the next time the message shows up, there is hardly any of your newly wind thread on it (or it won't show up at all, but I can live with that.)

Gerda

Op 08-04-12 21:46, Anne schreef:

Thank you for your reply Jim, can you answer another question please. Is there any way you can stop to blessed bobbin message coming up, it drives me nuts coming up and then leaving yards on the bobbin and refusing to allow the machine to sew on.

I had a feeling that the machine did go back when the thread broke, I needed clarification.

Anne <csarina43@...>

I must amit I already do that, I have also wound all the bits from bobbins onto one bobbin and used it that way, you just have to be aware that you have short lengths on the bobbin. I will be very pleased when Janome get round to doing something about it though, its quite frustrating at times.

Op 08-04-12 21:46, Anne schreef:

Thank you for your reply Jim, can you answer another question please.
Is there any way you can stop to blessed bobbin message coming up, it
drives me nuts coming up and then leaving yards on the bobbin and
refusing to allow the machine to sew on.

I had a feeling that the machine did go back when the thread broke, I
needed clarification.

Frecia Kelly

It looks like the low bobbin reminder may be an issue for Janome.  My 11,000 doesn't remind me at all!  I take the machine in twice a year for service and tell the mechanic that it doesn't work.  He always sends back a very nice message "it works as well as any of them do"....and it still doesn't work.  If I'm not watching, the machine does a couple of thousand stitches without any bobbin thread.  That is a major disaster for the design.

Fyfee

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There are really only 2 issues, both of which can be corrected. The common problem is that the sensor is misadjusted. This is really easy to fix, using special calibration bobbins from Janome. No need to even open the machine. The other issue is a bind in the sensor mechanism. It's rare - I only saw it twice in 25 years. A bit of thread caught in a gear is enough to prevent it from triggering. The note you received suggests that not much effort was put into finding the problem.

--- In janome12000@..., Frecia Kelly <fyfeesewingdemon@...> wrote:

It looks like the low bobbin reminder may be an issue for Janome.  My 11,000 doesn't remind me at all!  I take the machine in twice a year for service and tell the mechanic that it doesn't work.  He always sends back a very nice message "it works as well as any of them do"....and it still doesn't work.  If I'm not watching, the machine does a couple of thousand stitches without any bobbin thread.  That is a major disaster for the design.

Fyfee

Frecia Kelly

Thanks for your reply.  I printed out your response to my problem about the bobbin reminder "not reminding".  Maybe that will get them to look into fixing it.

Fyfee