From: grandma
Subject: [janome12000] Monthly Packs for the USA promotion
To: janome12000@...
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2012, 4:03 PM

Well, I think I have just about had it with my dealer. (She never called me to tell me my pack was in and here it is the 31st, in fact she has never called me for any of them). I show up and have to ask and then she gives it to me. This time when I went in today she gave it to me and she had opened it then taped it up again. Can anyone verify with me please what they received in their packs? Thank You

grandma

I am the only one in town who has the 12000, at least from this dealer.

When January's pack came in she asked me to open it, which I did and Digitizer Jr came with that pack. I had the MBX and she wanted me to GIVE HER the Digi Jr program so she could sell it. I kept waiting for her to say that she would give me store credit or something but she never did so I told her no, that I wanted to keep the program Janome had sent to me and she actually got upset with me.

When February's pack came, again, she asked me to open it so she could see what was included.

When I went to pick up March's pack, on the 31st, she had already opened it and taped it shut.

She is supposed to call me when my packs come in and she never has. I have to email Janome and they tell me they have already been sent out and to call my dealer.

I was looking at the computer Janome Magnolia machine for my granddaughter and knew it was under $300. When I went into her store and asked how much it was she said $500.

I wanted a 5 thread spool stand and she quoted me $92, my friend in Florida paid $60 so I declined the purchase and ordered it from an online dealership for $59.

I ordered a foot from her for my 12000 and it was $25, I found it at other dealerships for under $19.

I have tried to support her dealership, but I feel she gouges me and others everytime we walk in the door. Please don't get me wrong, I am all for supporting local dealers, I know they have a struggle sometimes when business slows down and I want to be supportive, I just don't want to be gouged and taken to the cleaners and I would appreciate being dealt with honestly.

I have an older computerized Bernina and the feet are so expensive so since I had a Janome previoulsy and like it, when the 12000 came out I bought it.

Several ladies at church told me to drive 60 miles to another Janome dealer and not buy from her, several ladies at the local quilt guild told me the same thing, but my husband wanted me to buy local so he did not have to drive the 60 miles one way and have it take all morning.

I very much regret having bought the 12000, at least from her, and wish I would have gotten the Bernina 830 or driven the 60 miles to another Janome Dealer.

I would appreciate just talking to someone and comparing what they are getting in their packs. I am sorry to say I simply do not trust her anymore and wish I would have heeded the advise of others in town and avoided any major purchases from this dealer.

Everytime I have to go pick up my packs or go in there for anything I now start getting very anxious. The older I have gotten the less drama I can handle. So different than when I was younger, it would just rolled off my back.

This has been so frustrating for me, not being able to feel like I can trust her and now that she actually opened my box and retaped it shut. Do I call her and tell her this, that at least someone has opened it? I just do not feel she is someone who is toally ethical. What should I do? >

Well, I think I have just about had it with my dealer. (She never called me to tell me my pack was in and here it is the 31st, in fact she has never called me for any of them). I show up and have to ask and then she gives it to me. This time when I went in today she gave it to me and she had opened it then taped it up again. Can anyone verify with me please what they received in their packs? Thank You

Vikki Youngmeyer

I would contact Janome and tell them what you have written in your email about the packs. Let them know that she is opening the packages before you get them and considering the issue you had with Digi Jr I think you are justified in knowing what is in the packages.  JMHO.

Vikki

Houston, TX

Bea Rosier <bearosier@...>

It appears to me that you are not aware that your dealer is paying for those monthly gifts. Although it was a national promotion it was announced to the public before the dealers were made aware of it.  And the dealer has to pay for those gifts.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2012, at 10:40 AM, "grandma" <ehuff12@...> wrote:

> [...]

This has been so frustrating for me, not being able to feel like I can trust her and now that she actually opened my box and retaped it shut. Do I call her and tell her this, that at least someone has opened it? I just do not feel she is someone who is toally ethical. What should I do? >

> Well, I think I have just about had it with my dealer. (She never called me to tell me my pack was in and here it is the 31st, in fact she has never called me for any of them). I show up and have to ask and then she gives it to me. This time when I went in today she gave it to me and she had opened it then taped it up again. Can anyone verify with me please what they received in their packs? Thank You

Yes Bea, I am aware that she is paying for the packs, she explained that to me when I bought the machine and signed up for them.

This past November I had been debating on the purchase and the day the promotion was announced and when I saw it is when I decided to make my purchase.

Nevertheless, it was a promotion that she agreed to participate in, she could have opted out of it but did not.

I agreed to buy the machine and she agreed to participate, all I have asked is for some integrety. Just because she is charged for the packs, they do belong to me and the contract between us was I would buy the 12,000 and she participated in the program.

I debated on whether or not to post this, I did so out of frustration and perhaps I should not have. I certainly did not mean to offend you or anyone, I just wanted some advice from others and wanted to be dealt with fairly by my dealer. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Vikki Youngmeyer

Apparently there were two programs regarding the 12000. Janome could allow "discounts" on the machines or could sell them for full list price and the buyer would get a monthly package for each month in 2012.These were for machines purchased between Oct 1 and Dec 31, 2011. My dealer gave discounts and took trade-ins. She opted not to participate in the monthly package program. So in essence, the buyers paid full list price for the machines would get some products for the difference between the purchase price and the discounts offered by other dealers who took trade-ins.

So the dealer has to pay for the gifts. I'm sure they aren't paying retail! I was a software developer before retirement, so I know what is involved regarding software development, time, testing and distribution. The mark-up is astronomical between wholesale and retail, especially for "niche" software which is what embroidery software is. One product I worked on sold for $35 wholesale and $650 retail and that was back in 1985.

I know times are tough, but skimming product isn't a way to make ends meet. One may get away with it for a while, but customers, over time, get savvy as to some of the stunts store owners pull. While customers may put up with it for a while, they quit buying the product in question and eventually quit coming to the store.

I don't think that Corporate Janome would appreciate the fact that one of their dealers is going thru boxes and getting out the good stuff to sell at full retail price rather than honoring an agreement with the customer who paid full list price for the 12000. If Corporate Janome doesn't care one way or another, that's another issue completely! I think "Grandma" is perfectly within her rights to know what was supposed to be in the boxes and to make sure she gets it. What she does with it after she gets it, is her own business!

Vikki

[...]

_____

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Sherry Martin

Yes, the same thing happened to me. Because my dealer gave me a good price, took my 11000 in trade, and threw in a 3160 to take to classes plus I got free financing for 5 yrs; when I asked him about the "free" gifts, he said that he would give me the better price instead, (I had read about the free gifts on the Janome website before I went to buy the machine), so I just accepted that. When I looked at the website again later, I did notice that it said the free gifts were only for people who paid full retail price. I then assumed that the dealer must have to pay for the free gifts.

I would suggest that if you think your dealer is charging too much for things and you don't want to drive far away, that you research the prices 1st somewhere else; and then ask your dealer to match it.

--- In janome12000@..., "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:

[...]

It sounds easy – researching prices. However, many dealers will quote only the full retail price of sewing machines over the phone. If one goes into the shop, the dealer may offer additional discounts or incentives if you are willing to purchase one on the spot.  If you leave to check out other shops, and come back the price quoted initially may no longer be available.

I’m having a tough time getting a price for Digitizer MBX – no one will give me one over the phone – not even the full retail price. So much for research!

Vikki

Houston, TX