Bobbin holder slipped!

joylaytor

I just tried to do a dense design, but thread created a nest underneath. Yellow dot bobbin case slipped out of position causing the machine to stop and the bobbin case may be damaged! (I was careful to seat the case properly before stitching and checked the thread path for caught threads and misthreading but everything is fine). I used bobbinweight thread in bobbin, poly Isacord 40 weight on top, singlehole plate, yellow dot bobbincase. Can a dense design cause this problem? It was one of the large built in flower designs. I've had no problems with other designs. What do you suggest?
Joy

Vikki Youngmeyer

Have you tried a simpler design since this fiasco? If not, I suggest that you do so. If the simpler design you select also gives a rats nets, then you have a 12000 Horizon problem, if not then the problem lies with the original design and how you set the top and bobbin threads. That path really narrows down the issues!

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of joylaytor
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:50 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Bobbin holder slipped!

I just tried to do a dense design, but thread created a nest underneath. Yellow dot bobbin case slipped out of position causing the machine to stop and the bobbin case may be damaged! (I was careful to seat the case properly before stitching and checked the thread path for caught threads and misthreading but everything is fine). I used bobbinweight thread in bobbin, poly Isacord 40 weight on top, singlehole plate, yellow dot bobbincase. Can a dense design cause this problem? It was one of the large built in flower designs. I've had no problems with other designs. What do you suggest?
Joy

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1831 / Virus Database: 2092/4563 - Release Date: 10/20/11
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

You made need additional stabilizer, or different stabilizer. Dense designs can literally tear up tear away stabilizer. For dense designs you might also want to use a blue tip needle, if you weren't already.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

Joy