Thinking of buying

peggy barrett

Hi,  I am new to the group and thinking of buying the 12000.  I have the 10001 and 6600. I know you can't use the same hoops, but can I use other things from my 10001. Will I need to purchase anything extra to transfer designs to the machine.  This is a big purchase for me, so I'd love any and all input.  Should I call shops to get prices or are they a set price.
Thank you,
Peggy on Cape Cod

Bea Rosier <bearosier@...>

I bought it in late November – traded in my MC10001 and MC7700.  The MC12 does everything the MC10001 and the 7700 did, plus much more.  Since the machine will sew a 9 mm zigzag, most of the feet you have for your MC10, MC77, MC11, and MC66 don’t fit, including the adjustable zipper foot.

However, I still own the MC11, MB4 and MC66 and of all these machines, I believe the MC12 is the best I’ve ever used.  It is a dream to sew on, and the quality of the embroidery is excellent.  I would highly recommend it.   I haven’t yet done any quilting but I have a long arm, so I usually don’t quilt on these machines.

I don’t think you could go wrong with the MC12.

Bea

Judith Killen

That is the way I work. I go around and get the prices BUT also I keep in mind the number of staff. As you always need some 1:1 time with a staff member( if they listened to their training and if they had it), to go over with you the new technology. Once you have had this for only a very short time you will glide ahead as you are proficient with the 10. If there is only 1 staff you will get interupted while you are having your lesson. also the dealer needs to be close (if the price is right) so you can gain the benefit of service and bits to your needs. In Australia the RRP was $12000 for the 12000. I ended paying out a little more than half. I used an old machine for trade in and sold the 11 on ebay.
I am very happy with the machine and the horizenlink. I add ---so far!!!! I like the hoop sizes and have no issue. The feet from the 11 fit the 12. BUT someone might remember better than me But I think the 10 had a shorter shank and therefore the feet would not fit. But I stand corrected if so as it was along time since I had the 10.
Happy shopping
Judith---Sydney