From: Vicki
Date: 2/1/2012 6:38:26 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Stupendous Stitching projects

I just uploaded pics of my 2 Stupendous Stitching projects in Vicki Jo's Sewing Room.
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Thank you Anna. Hang in there & remember "There are no Rules"!

--
Vicki Jo

Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>

Your right no rules. It is a great lesson.

Ann

Thank you Anna. Hang in there & remember "There are no Rules"!

--
Vicki Jo

gbmko

I like your project! I hadn't thought the stupendious stitching was a class I wanted to buy, as I could "do it myself" ,but now...maybe a class for inspiration might be nice. Do you recommend it, and what did you like best about it? I just bought the craftsy "Jean-ious: Reverse engineer" class, so can buy another course this week for $25.

Is anyone doing the free quilting block of the month? I've taught quilting for years, but am still doing it. I ALWAYS learn something from a teacher, so love to take classes, as well as teaching them. The blocks are fun so far. Barbara Jean

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki" <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I just uploaded pics of my 2 Stupendous Stitching projects in Vicki Jo's Sewing Room.
Vicki Jo

Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>

Barbara,

I bought the class, and you are right it is good for the ideas that you can learn. I enjoyed it very much.I will need to put apicture of mine in the photo's.
I and watching the block of the month class have not done the blocks yet.
They both are good teachers.

Ann Simon
Our Etsy store

--- In janome12000@..., "Vicki" wrote:

> I just uploaded pics of my 2 Stupendous Stitching projects in Vicki Jo's Sewing Room.
> Vicki Jo

Lee Beasley <slpslee@...>

I am. I get a big kick out of the Craftsy classes, and who can resist free? I bought the Stupendous Stitching class too, but haven't started it yet. It does sound like fun, though.

Lee B.

Sent from my iPad

Is anyone doing the free quilting block of the month?

vicki chrobak

Thank you Barbara. I had a ball with both versions of my project. I took the class specifically for inspiration & it did not fail me. The instructor's only rule was "There are no rules" --right up my alley & I used it to the hilt. Almost didn't know when to quit beading. So yes, I do recommend it. I also learned a new way to finish my fm wallhangings. What I liked best was getting a totally new perspective & a new way to use my machine & hand needlework. On my first project I felted fabric from rayon thread scraps & silk scraps for the background in lieu of recommended batik fabric. Go for it, you won't be sorry.

--
Vicki Jo

What I liked best was getting a totally new perspective
I like your project! I hadn't thought the stupendious stitching was a class I wanted to buy, as I could "do it myself" ,but now...maybe a class for inspiration might be nice. Do you recommend it, and what did you like best about it? I just bought the craftsy "Jean-ious: Reverse engineer" class, so can buy another course this week for $25.

Is anyone doing the free quilting block of the month? I've taught quilting for years, but am still doing it. I ALWAYS learn something from a teacher, so love to take classes, as well as teaching them. The blocks are fun so far. Barbara Jean

Pinguin

Hello Ladies,
thanks for mentioning this class. It looks like a fun way to play with the machine and getting to know it.

I'm making samples of the stitches right now, just in the default setting, but in one of the 2 minute-pieces of video they show for free, the instructor mentioned making a stitch bible and getting 3 very different stitches from 1 stitch by just altering length and width (which is obvious, but making the samples in default setting is already a lot of work so I didn't experiment yet).

I also think an enlarged zentangle would be a nice starting point. (Quilting Arts has an issue where they do this for a quilt)

And adding the handstitches after the machine work gives it a final personal touch. So I will sign up for the course. The way the instructor talks to you is like you are sitting in a classroom  with her so it is a good substitute for a real class which I can't attend as I live in Holland.

Gerda

Op 10-02-12 00:52, vicki chrobak schreef:

[...]

Gerda,
Where in the Netherlands do you live? I used to live in Soest. My husband was a pilot at the air base in Soesterberg. I don't remember much Dutch. My son was as fluent as a 5 year old can be, and was my translator most of the time...though most of the adults spoke English. My daughter was born while we lived there. I have the best memories of our time there. I need to go back and visit! Barbara Jean

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "pinguin60@..." <pinguin60@...> wrote:

[...]

I cheated,I did not do the stitch bible.

Ann Simon
Our Etsy store

[...]

Enjoy Gerda.
Also, what is a zentangle?

--
Vicki Jo

I also think an enlarged zentangle would be a nice starting point. (Quilting Arts has an issue where they do this for a quilt)

And adding the handstitches after the machine work gives it a final personal touch. So I will sign up for the course. The way the instructor talks to you is like you are sitting in a classroom with her so it is a good substitute for a real class which I can't attend as I live in Holland.

Gerda

vicki chrobak

I won't tell Anna. It's for your use & you can do as you want & have time. Or not. I think the intent is more to open your mind to all the possibilities you machine has.

--
Vicki Jo

I cheated,I did not do the stitch bible.

Pinguin

Hi Vicky,
it is hard to explain, but when you google it you find lots of examples and you tube movies with demo's as well.
This is also a good article:
http://www.quiltingdaily.com/media/p/17250.aspx

The article in Quilting Arts actually speaks of Zen-doodling, but it is related to the Zentangle.

Gerda

Op 11-02-12 16:30, vicki chrobak schreef:

Enjoy Gerda.
Also, what is a zentangle?

--
Vicki Jo

I also think an enlarged zentangle would be a nice starting point. (Quilting Arts has an issue where they do this for a quilt)

And adding the handstitches after the machine work gives it a final personal touch. So I will sign up for the course. The way the instructor talks to you is like you are sitting in a classroom with her so it is a good substitute for a real class which I can't attend as I live in Holland.

Gerda

vicki chrobak

Thank you for the links Gerda. I look forward to getting my next issue of QA now! I had a project on the back burner similar to this but in black & white. Now I know what the technique is called;-)

--
Vicki Jo

Pinguin

Hello Vickym
this article appeared in an older issue of QA, I sent you the link of the digital magazine (a legal feature of it) off list.
Gerda