12000

Jeana David

Hi, I am a newbie to the group from the UK and to the 12000,I have a Pfaff CV and have been a Pfaff embroiderer for years,however rather than upgrade my CV I opted for the 12000 as I had a Horizon which I loved. So far I am very pleased but have 2 queries which I hope someone might settle.
I have set the machine to trim jump stitches and find that after the trim I am left with thread poking up from the back of the new section, as if the thread carried across was too long to disapear.
Also I digitised a simple flower design that used weave fill 25 in its petals. I had changed the angle of the fill with each petal and had problems with the stitch out where the fill was horizontal,the thread seemed to loop and catch between the needle and the fabric. Is this because the stitches are too long to go sideways?Or is the tension too loose,all other petals were fine!Or could it be the thread?
Thanks ,I am enjoying reading the post and have found the answers very helpful.I also have and love the foot app.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Welcome to the group!

Those "tails" after trimming are very annoying. I suspect that the machine is leaving the tension discs open while moving to the next location, allowing the drag of the cut end on the fabric to pull out more thread. Since this action is controlled by the printer software, it can be fixed with an update. The 11000 did not have this problem, so hopefully Janome will fix it on the 12000.

Your digitized design issue is not likely due to stitch length, as weave fill stitches cannot be made too long. I would guess you probably used the default weave settings, which are right for most projects. Loops on top of the fabric can be caused by many things. I would begin with the stabilizer. When you created your project, did you set the fabric in Digitizer? This dialog pops up at the very beginning, right after you open the program. The default is pure cotton, which is what you get if you dismiss the dialog. You can change the settings for your design by opening the JAN file in EasyDesign, selecting all objects (CTRL + A), and choosing "Setup - Choose fabric" from the menu. Scroll through the list for the appropriate fabric choice, but before clicking the OK button have a look at the "Required stabilizer" box. This will give you the recommended stabilizer choice for the chosen fabric. Once you have clicked the OK button, Digitizer will work behind the scenes to tune your design for that fabric.

When loops appear it can also be a sign of a dull needle, or one that is a bit too large. If you are using a red tip Janome (size 14) try a blue tip (size 11). I've also found that build-up from sticky stabilizer can cause loops, but you haven't had your machine long enough for that to be a problem, and it usually happens on all stitches, not just one direction. Diane says to make sure that the fabric is tight in the hoop. If there is too much "flutter" it may show up in only certain directions of stitching.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "jeana_david" <jeana.david@...> wrote:

[...]

joylaytor

I'm a newbie, Jim, so can you please explain "Since this action is
controlled by the printer software, it can be fixed with an update."
Printer software?  What does that have to do with embroidery or the 12000? Thanks!
Joy

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

This is what happens when you try to multi-task. At the time I posted that I had been on the phone for half a day dealing with the most annoying human on earth who was having a self-induced printer problem. What it should have said is "Since this action is controlled by the machine software, it can be fixed with an update." Sorry for the confusion!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

I'm a newbie, Jim, so can you please explain "Since this action
iscontrolled by the printer software, it can be fixed with an
update."Printer software? What does that have to do with embroidery or
the 12000? Thanks!Joy