Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2012 3:16 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: What do you do with left over Romeo stabiliser

I don't use Romeo but the fabric-type water-solubles.  I toss all my scraps into a bin & use them whenever I want to serge a rolled hem, apply decorative machine stitching, gather or ruffle tulle or chiffon, or stitch on vinyl.  Makes anything that is difficult to sew because presser feet can't grip it easier.

HTH,

Marsha

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Another trick Diane uses is to stitch pieces of the water soluble stabilizer together using water soluble thread. You wind up with a bigger piece that is still fully water soluble. She's also stitched them together with regular sewing thread, which usually comes out when it's soaked, but you probably wouldn't want to do that with lace.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

What do you do with any water soluble film you have left over after you have sewn a design???? I am having problems with sewing out a design and have several quite large bits of romeo which are not big enough to go in a 12000 hoop.....its expensive so loathe to throw it away.

Marsha

I don't use Romeo but the fabric-type water-solubles.  I toss all my scraps into a bin & use them whenever I want to serge a rolled hem, apply decorative machine stitching, gather or ruffle tulle or chiffon, or stitch on vinyl.  Makes anything that is difficult to sew because presser feet can't grip it easier.

HTH,

Marsha

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Save all the leftover bits. Put them in a jar (recycled food containers are good for this) and add water a little at a time until you have a thick, goopy liquid. Keep it in the fridge when not in use. Brush it on items to be embroidered and let it dry before putting them in the hoop. They will become very stiff, to the point of nearly being self-stabilized. Once embroidery is complete, soak the item to remove all the goop. Obviously not good for items that cannot get wet, but very effective on things like T-shirts.

If you have pieces that are *almost* big enough to hoop, try spritzing the edges LIGHTLY with water, join at the moist edges and press with a warm iron. Now you can hoop it!

Anne <csarina43@...>