Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 9:21 AM
Subject: [janome12000] question for Donna..

Hello!
The Christmas design that is shown on the Snip and Stitch site and I believe compiled by you is very pretty.   I have a few questions...  and I hope you will share information.
Were those two designs from the Janome older 9000 Christmas cards?   the greens and the poinsettia?
So I am thinking you combined them into one design and then used the wreath tool ( we call it that in the Bernina software) to duplicate the merged design and then set it up as a wreath...  ( Forget what the tool is called in MBX)

I would love to create something that pretty for stitching next year and if I may, copy your idea.

Thank you.

Pat

Patricia Ward

Thank you, Donna!  I was wondering if you did remove stitches under the overlapped parts...  otherwise it would be bullet proof.  So those are the designs I was looking at on the Janome 9000 card.  I have the MBX new software so I will follow your instructions and play and figure it out... good workbook lesson for me to try!  vbg

I was thinking what pretty pillows that would make for gifts and a center of a matching wallhanging.  Maybe I can actually use some of my "try and see" work.

Have a good week and Happy New Year.

Pat

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Donna Morton <demorton@...> wrote:

Hi Pat

Thanks for asking.  The design is actually on the Canadian Janome Life Blog.  Here is the link for others to go see what we are talking about

The wreath was made from the designs on a Janome 9000 card called Christmas 1.  Sorry, I don’t have the number of the card anymore, just the name of the card.  You can use the wreath tool in your Bernina software to create the design.  I used the Copy to Circle tool in Digitizer MBX to create the green part first, then I created the poinsettia on top.  I then made sure all the parts were selected before using the Remove Overlap tool (in the Edit Menu) to remove the excess stitches from under the poinsettias so the new design would not be too dense.  Try to do some colour sorting to reduce the number of colour changes or it will take a very long time to stitch out.

Enjoy the holidays!

Donna M
Canada