Question regarding sewing table for my new machine

suerevere@ymail.com

I traded in my previous Koala QuiltMate and upgraded to the Koala QuiltMate IV and I love it. Even though I can now stow my machine and the lift now is all electric so you can stop at any level, If you put any thread stands on the back of your machine you cannot stow it away anyway.

Ann

Check out Tracey's tables search it she is from Wisconsin I have the l shaped desk and love it. Way cheaper than horn or others.
Call her for prices she is great lady to deal with!
No affiliation just a happy customer!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "judyjanome" <judyjanome@...> wrote:

I have decided to purchase a new table for the 12000. I do have the quilters dream from Horn but I don't want to go that route again. What is available for a machine that size? I have seen a table from Sew Perfect Tables and I thought I saw something from Janome. Also that anti vibration mat that Janome makes do you think they will make one larger for the 12000. Judy from WNY

Sherry Martin

I ordered a much bigger table than comes with the machine. I find the little table that came with the machine too small and too flimsy to be able to free motion quilt very well or even just straight line quilt a large quilt. Mine will be 24x32 if it ever gets made correctly. That's what I had for my 11000.

I don't see a reason for purchasing the Sew Perfect table, when you get one included with the machine. As for the mat, Janome has 2 of them. The smaller one fits most standard machines, while there is a larger one for the MB-4. I don't know if they'll make another one for the 12000.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Judy <judyjanome@> wrote:

The name of the sewing table is Sew Perfect Table. It's not the acrylic small table included with our 12000. Also Jim that anti vibration mat do you see Janome making that available to us. Judyjanome

Sent from my iPhone

Maria Boyle

http://www.sewperfecttable.com/

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 26, 2011, at 7:12 PM, Maria Boyle <maruka1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Oops. Forgot to include the website. Here it is.

http://dawhois.com/site/sewperfecttables.com.html

María

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 26, 2011, at 7:11 PM, Maria Boyle <maruka1@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

Hi Jim,

On Judy's defense, the sew perfect table she is taking about is not a small acrylic table that come with the machine. It is actually a table to set the machine on. It's a height adjustable table.
Here is the website for the table she is talking about. :)

Have a happy New Year.

María

Sent from my iPad

Judy <judyjanome@...>

The name of the sewing table is Sew Perfect Table. It's not the acrylic small table included with our 12000. Also Jim that anti vibration mat do you see Janome making that available to us. Judyjanome

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 26, 2011, at 3:03 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

We've got ours in an older Koala, much like the Horn Quilter's Dream. It's too big to use the lift, but the machine is never idle long enough to store anyway. Given the large size of the new machines, the cabinet manufacturers are going to have to make new cabinets to fit. If you don't need a lift, then any piece of furniture that has a good sewing height will work. Otherwise I would wait a while to see what gets released by the various companies.

Note that while our 12000 is big, it's tiny compared to the Brother Quattro. When set up for embroidery, you need a space just slightly smaller than the deck of an aircraft carrier. We had one for a short time, and the dining room table was the only place big enough to set it up!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

[...]

I said Quilters Dream. The company is actually Dreamworld.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I got a Quilters Dream sew steady table with my machine. It is just a plexiglass table that goes around machine; not one that it sits down into. I exchanged a 24x32 table from my 11000 for a new 24x32 table t fit my new one.

HOWEVER, after I drove 45 min to pick up the table and then back home, the table didn't fit my machine. I have talked to the Quilters Dream people twice and they said it was the 1st table they made for this machine and I think they got the measurements mixed up where it juts out in front and back. I was measuring and telling them the measurements of table vs machine and they seemed to be mixed up front and back. So they said it would take several weeks to correct it. When I called my dealer he said the same thing had happened with some inserts he got from Horn. So just make sure that if you get a table for this machine that it fits it correctly.

My dealer said he thinks the Horn people may have just used the 7700 for the template for the new inserts, but the 12000 is slightly different in size.

judyjanome <judyjanome@...>