Topics

Jump Thread Cutting Length Command

kkrissyb <krissy.b@...>

I have the Cutting command selected and find that sometimes the thread gets used up or taken to the back but 2 out of 3 times it leaves a tail from 1/2 and ince to 1 1/2 inches

I have read the directions on Page 128 of the Instruction book and it says that "you need to set the jump stitch cutting length to OFF if you turn on the Cutting Command option."

Well I want to do that but can't find where to go to do turn off the jump stitch cutting length. I can see the length of the jump stitch in the Advanced/customize window but no option to turn it off............I know I am missing something here. Can some clever person point me in the right direction

Kris in Aus who absolutely loves this machine!!!!!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We consistently have tails left on top. This may be fixable with an update, we'll see.

To turn off the cutting command hold the plus key on the Cutting Length option until it reads OFF. With Cutting Command on jumps will be cut only when trim commands are found in the design. Neither of these settings will have an effect on tail length or whether it's on top or bottom.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "kkrissyb" <krissy.b@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for answering Jim you are wonderful and have been answering my questions since the 10000. However I must say I am very disappointed as that is one of the reasons I upgraded from the 11000 as I hate having to cut all those threads. I will be waiting for that upgrade

Kris in Aus

Sherry Martin

Just wanted to say that the 11000 had the capability to cut jump threads so you didn't need to upgrade to the 12000 to do that. It was included in one of the updates to the original 11000, either the one to make it the 11000SE or the one that added the 8x8 acufil hoop.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@> wrote:

We consistently have tails left on top. This may be fixable with an update, we'll see.

To turn off the cutting command hold the plus key on the Cutting Length option until it reads OFF. With Cutting Command on jumps will be cut only when trim commands are found in the design. Neither of these settings will have an effect on tail length or whether it's on top or bottom.
Thanks for answering Jim you are wonderful and have been answering my questions since the 10000. However I must say I am very disappointed as that is one of the reasons I upgraded from the 11000 as I hate having to cut all those threads. I will be waiting for that upgrade

Kris in Aus

kkrissyb <krissy.b@...>

Yes I thought about getting the updates for my 11000 but the cost was $1000 AUD for the two updates so decided to save the money towards the 12000
Kris in Aus