Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:36 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Accu Feed

So why do you think that Janome have limited our options for using this foot? I haven't come across that before with the other makes of machine I've had - I've been able to use the walking foot with all the embroidery designs and utility stitches on both my Brother and my Bernina.
Vicki

thedoghouse50 <thedoghouse50@...>

Actually Pfaff have the original dual feed system on their machines the IDT system which is brilliant, also Bernina have a built in dual feed on the 830 which will operate with all stitches.

Julie

--- In janome12000@..., "Donna Morton" <demorton@...> wrote:

Janome hasn’t limited our options at all. Instead they have added a feature the other machines do not have and that is the differential feed. Differential feed is usually only found on a serger.

You do not need to turn on the differential feed if you want to use decorative stitches on a quilt. The accufeed feet work just like a walking foot when you do not turn on the differential feed option so you are not limited to the stitches you use the foot with.

Turn on the differential feed for creating a lettuce edge hem or when sewing on knits and you are limited to just the straight stitches.

Donna M
Canada

So why do you think that Janome have limited our options for using this foot? I haven't come across that before with the other makes of machine I've had - I've been able to use the walking foot with all the embroidery designs and utility stitches on both my Brother and my Bernina.
Vicki

Sherry Martin

I had the Pfaff Quilt Expression 3.0 with the IDT and didn't like it at all. I always felt like the IDT wasn't really strong enough to pull the fabric on the top. I had a lot of trouble with it when going over seams or when quilting a quilt sandwich with it skipping stitches. When I complained to my dealer, he always acted like I was doing something wrong. I also had all kinds of trouble with thread breaking when free motion quilting. I never did get that resolved even after having the machine in to be serviced numerous times. Then, when I traded in my Pfaff for the 11000, I felt like the 11000 sewed better even without a walking foot than the Pfaff did with the IDT engaged and free motion quilting was just great. I would never buy a Pfaff again.

--- In janome12000@..., "thedoghouse50" <thedoghouse50@...> wrote:

[...]

Cheryl Paul

What am I missing here? Do you have to actually TURN ON the differential feed, or is the button on the side an adjustment that you turn one way to have the top tighter and the other to make it looser. I was under the impression that the feed dogs worked when you put the dual feed foot on the machine.

Cheryl

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

When you attach one of the dual feed feet, the dual feed system is engaged. The knob on the side has nothing to do with activating the feature, nor does the screen turn the feature on or off. If you find that the fabrics are puckering or stretching you can use the knob on the side to make the upper feed dog move faster or slower than the lower one, correcting the problem. This knob is only effective when you have a dual feed foot attached, and should normally be set at 0 unless you are having trouble.

--- In janome12000@..., "Cheryl" <capaul@...> wrote:

What am I missing here? Do you have to actually TURN ON the differential feed, or is the button on the side an adjustment that you turn one way to have the top tighter and the other to make it looser. I was under the impression that the feed dogs worked when you put the dual feed foot on the machine.

Cheryl

janetpiekarski

I understand that the dual feed is engaged when you put on the foot (as opposed to the differential feed which I was told doesn't work-dial turning has no effect, in other words) unless you select the differential feed option. Like in the 7700 (and the 6600) the dial has no effect on other stitches than the red ones. Have I been misinformed?

--- In janome12000@..., "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:

[...]

No, you're correct, I wasn't specific enough! The differential feed option is only activated for those stitches marked in red. The dial has no effect on any other stitches.

--- In janome12000@..., "janetpiekarski" <jsm1144@...> wrote:

[...]

vicki chrobak

Forgive me for including all the quotes from this thread but I am very confused now.  What is the difference between AccuFeed, Differential feed, dual feed.   And what circumstances require their individual uses?   I've never used any of these so my ignorance is showing.
--
Vicki Jo

 --- In janome12000@..., "Cheryl"  wrote:

 What am I missing here?  Do you have to actually TURN ON
the differential feed, or is the button on the side an adjustment that
you turn one way to have the top tighter and the other to make it
looser.  I was under the impression that the feed dogs worked when you
put the dual feed foot on the machine.

> Cheryl

Donna Morton

Thank you.  That is what I have been trying to explain!

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:00 PM

No, you're correct, I wasn't specific enough! The differential feed option is only activated for those stitches marked in red. The dial has no effect on any other stitches.

--- In mailto:janome12000%40yahoogroups.com, "janetpiekarski" >