Topics

Edit a Design

Liz

I have an inbuilt design I like on the machine and would like to be able to edit it in my 5D software to use it with another design. What I want to know, is it possible to put it on a USB from the machine to be able to use it in my software. Liz

Donna Morton

No need actually.  If you have loaded the HorizonLink software then all the built-in designs are already on your computer.  Look in documents>HorizonLink.

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:46 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Edit a Design

I have an inbuilt design I like on the machine and would like to be able to edit it in my 5D software to use it with another design. What I want to know, is it possible to put it on a USB from the machine to be able to use it in my software. Liz

meowmie <meowmie@...>

Yes, you can, open the design in edit mode, save it to a usb drive and transfer to your computer. I've done that for a few of the designs.

Jen

To: janome12000@...
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:46 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Edit a Design

joylaytor

Liz, I don't see them in Documents\HorizonLink but I was able to find the files on the computer here:

C:\Program Files\Janome\HorizonLink\Sample\Embroidery Designs
with various folders underneath (such as 01_Favorite Designs and so on) with design files inside the folders.

Keep in mind that you should copy the file and move it to another directory so you don't overwrite the original.  Hope this helps.
Joy

Liz

Thanks everyone for your help, It all works fine on my Windows XP Desktop but won't work on Windows 7 on my Laptop..AGHHHH Liz

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

In Windows 7 the files will be found in C:&#92;Program Files (X86)&#92;Janome&#92;Horizon Link&#92;Sample&#92;Embroidery Designs

--- In janome12000@..., "Liz" <dse7sew@...> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help, It all works fine on my Windows XP Desktop but won't work on Windows 7 on my Laptop..AGHHHH Liz