Topics

AccuFeed

dkuhlman4891

Can I use the Accufeed foot on stitches that don't light up when I select the AccuFeed funtcion? Example - I am working a tutorial published in the Online Sewing First Edition. I am creating a grid quilted background using stitch Q62 - and this stitch does not 'light up' when I select AccuFeed. I am stitching through a quilting sandwich so I need a walking foot. I tried using the AccuFeed food with Q62 (even though it said to use the F foot) and it seemed to work okay. Just wondering if this is a good practice or not -- if not - what are my 'walking foot' options if the stitch doesn't light up when I select AccuFeed??

vicki chrobak

Page 31 of manual says only U1 to 4 & Q1 to 7 can be sewn with dual feed device.

--
Vicki Jo

Can I use the Accufeed foot on stitches that don't light up when I
select the AccuFeed funtcion? Example - I am working a tutorial
published in the Online Sewing First Edition. I am creating a grid
quilted background using stitch Q62 - and this stitch does not 'light
up' when I select AccuFeed. I am stitching through a quilting sandwich
so I need a walking foot. I tried using the AccuFeed food with Q62
(even though it said to use the F foot) and it seemed to work okay.
Just wondering if this is a good practice or not -- if not - what are my
'walking foot' options if the stitch doesn't light up when I select
AccuFeed??

dkuhlman4891

So we are limited to five stitches with "walking foot" capability?

--- In janome12000@..., vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Page 31 of manual says only U1 to 4 & Q1 to 7 can be sewn with dual feed
device.

--
Vicki Jo

Can I use the Accufeed foot on stitches that don't light up when I
select the AccuFeed funtcion? Example - I am working a tutorial
published in the Online Sewing First Edition. I am creating a grid
quilted background using stitch Q62 - and this stitch does not 'light
up' when I select AccuFeed. I am stitching through a quilting sandwich
so I need a walking foot. I tried using the AccuFeed food with Q62
(even though it said to use the F foot) and it seemed to work okay.
Just wondering if this is a good practice or not -- if not - what are my
'walking foot' options if the stitch doesn't light up when I select
AccuFeed??

vicki chrobak

Officially, I guess. But if it did what you wanted why not use it? Maybe Jim could tell us if it could cause problems???

--
Vicki Jo

So we are limited to five stitches with "walking foot" capability?

robin_zelonis <robin@...>

If you don't 'tell' the 12000 you are going to use the accufeed foot by hitting the button, it won't grey out all the stitches. Just select they stitch you want with the accufeed foot attached. Some stitches might not stitch out as well with the accufeed foot, but most will. I did most decorative stitches on my 6600 with the accufeed foot and they looked fine.

Robin in Maine

--- In janome12000@..., "dkuhlman4891" <dkuhlman4891@...> wrote:

[...]

Donna Morton

Our Janome Educator uses all the stitches with the accufeed foot.  I have used many of them myself with no problem.  Just do not select the Accufeed option and all the stitches are available for use.  It will not cause any problems.

Donna M
Canada