HELP with machine update, please

Patricia Ward

Jim, both times I downloaded it to my computer HD and followed the instructions to the letter... I think the first one was a bad download. I completely erased everything, downloaded and "Unpacked" again and it went in very smoothly.  Only gave me heart failure one time.

Pat

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Jim_Stutsman <jim@...> wrote:
It sounds like you have unzipped the download to the flash drive. It needs to be on your computer, where you double click it to install on the flash drive. See this page for detailed instructions:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/soft/update/mc12kv101/how_to_unpack_zip.pdf

--- In janome12000@..., Patricia Ward wrote:

> I need help with the update for the machine.
>
> I have downloaded it, unpacked it and it is on a USB flashdrive.
>
> I have the instructions; I am depressing the lock stitch and the needle up
> down button at the time I am turning on the machine.  I keep them
> depressed... the machine screen will flash some white and then that goes
> away and the screen is black.  It never does turn blue nor does the menu
> come up for installing the update.
>

> Now what do I do?
>
> Thanks--
> Pat