a couple of questions and Jim & Diane, safe travels

suerevere@ymail.com

I'm glad to hear you would recommend the 3160QDC. I just picked one up last week to use for classes. I love the weight. Safe travels .... I think we're all a little envious we can't attend your classes (sigh). If you ever want to come to Central Oregon to give some classes, you have a place to stay (lol).

... but if you are looking for light weight you should also check out the 3160QDC. It has half the stitches (60 vs 120), but weights almost 2 pounds less. We sold a LOT of those as class machines.

Carol Greer <CarolGinMD@...>

Gloria,

  The 4120QDC is an awesome machine!  Whether you use it as a travel machine or a secondary to any other machine you won’t be sorry you purchased it.

I bought my from Brubaker"’s at Quilt Odyssey in July.

CarolGinMD

Marsha

Gloria,

The tutto bags are great!  Really sturdy & easy to maneuver.  Great protection for our expensive toys.  The 12000 won't fit the Xlg Bag though.  You'll need the XXLg one for that.  here's a link to a page with dimensions:

HTH,

Marsha

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We can't speak to the worthiness of Tutto bags, as we never used or sold them.

The 4120QDC would be a good class machine, but if you are looking for light weight you should also check out the 3160QDC. It has half the stitches (60 vs 120), but weights almost 2 pounds less. We sold a LOT of those as class machines. At the Houston Quilt show a couple of years back they even gave one away with the purchase of a 7700.

Given the "newness" of your machines, you should be able to get a good price for both. Good luck!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "seamgood" <seamgood@...> wrote:

Diane and Jim,
Have safe travels!
Does anyone know yet if the 12000 will fit in the one extra large Tutto rolling bag? I just bought the 1X Tutto in red 2 weeks ago and haven't even used it yet.
Also, is the Janome 4120 QDC a very good machine for taking to classes etc? One dealer I spoke to said it was modeled from the 7700? I'm a little confused as to what to get, but I will need a second machine for quilt piecing and simple garment construction.
Well, I called several dealers, all within a 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from me. Told them no games....just please be honest and tell me the bottom line for price and would I be better off to sell my 2 machines, the 11000 bought in February this year and the 7700 bought 2 months ago.
I've decided to sell my beloved machines privately and now I am having dream upon dream of me sitting at my new 12000 machine in my sewing room. Oh, I can't wait.
I am reading every post and making notes and lists of what I might need to buy extra.
Wish me luck on selling my machines so I can hurry up and join the happiness train!
And, Jim, I'm with you....NO SNOW! lol
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Gloria in MA

seamgood <seamgood@...>