Need help with variable zigzag & freemotion

vicki chrobak

Thanks ever so much Jim. It worked. I did have to change pressure foot pressure to 2 & may try to lessen top tension next time. It would be great to have a few extra sentences in the manual about this.

--
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Thanks Jim. Now I'll try to get to that T-Shirt again. It's testing my patience today. But I will get there.

--
Vicki Jo

The knee lever only controls zigzag width, although when it stops you
can also use it to raise or lower the presser foot. To get it to start
stitching without a foot control you must push the START button, and
STOP to stop stitching. Use the slide control to set a medium speed.
It's not necessary to lower the feed dogs - the machine will do it for
you. When you choose variable zigzag on the Application key (T-shirt)
and Quilting, everything is preset for you.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The knee lever only controls zigzag width, although when it stops you can also use it to raise or lower the presser foot. To get it to start stitching without a foot control you must push the START button, and STOP to stop stitching. Use the slide control to set a medium speed. It's not necessary to lower the feed dogs - the machine will do it for you. When you choose variable zigzag on the Application key (T-shirt) and Quilting, everything is preset for you.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Jo Chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I put feed dogs down (I think). Got to the page where I select Center 2
or Left 2, put in the knee bar, I have QV foot attached to the ankle
that was attached to "A" foot as I see no other ankles that will work.
I removed foot pedal &couldn't get it to start stitching. Now I can't
find the place where I selected Center 2. What am I doing wrong?
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak