Subject: [janome12000] Needle Threader
From: dbsews <no_reply@...>
To: janome12000@...
CC:

The Janome website listed a built in needle threader on the 12000, but I don't see it, looking at photo's of the machine. Does it have a needle threader or not? I can't imagine a TOL without a needle threader.
That's kind of a deal killer for me.
Thanks in Advance,
donna in Ca.

JOAN KOREN <jfkquilts@...>

Saw a demo of the 12000 on Saturday and the needle threader is NOT automatic.  Its like the threader on my Janome Gem Gold!.  The auto threader did not always work on my 11000SE anyway....had it fixed several times.
Joan
in TN

The Janome website listed a built in needle threader on the 12000, but I don't see it, looking at photo's of the machine. Does it have a needle threader or not? I can't imagine a TOL without a needle threader.
That's kind of a deal killer for me.
Thanks in Advance,
donna in Ca.

Rraffay <rraffay@...>

My understanding it was between the accuflex feet or the automatic needle threader on the machine.  The accuflex won which I can appreciate.   Whether we push a button or pull a lever it still requires us...lol

Reneah

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

Saw a demo of the 12000 on Saturday and the needle threader is NOT automatic.  Its like the threader on my Janome Gem Gold!.  The auto threader did not always work on my 11000SE anyway....had it fixed several times.
Joan
in TN

The Janome website listed a built in needle threader on the 12000, but I don't see it, looking at photo's of the machine. Does it have a needle threader or not? I can't imagine a TOL without a needle threader.
That's kind of a deal killer for me.
Thanks in Advance,
donna in Ca.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The threader is the same as the one used on the 7700. You pull it down and it hooks into the needle, staying there until you push it back up to pull the thread through. The motorized threader used on the 10000 and 11000 was implemented to prevent misalignment of the needle and threader hook, but it didn't really help that and frequently required service. The manual pull-down threaders work just as well, and won't engage if the needle is not all the way up. However if the needle is not all the way up into the needle clamp, even a little, the hook of the threader can still be bent. This has always been a common service problem, and likely always will be for all brands of machines. When you snap down the threader it slams the little hook through the eye of the needle with a lot of force, and if things are out of line it will bend that fragile little hook. So will moving the needle up or down while the hook is in the eye of the needle, which is so easy to do on machines with a START button right above the needle. This form of damage is easily avoided on the 12000 with the LOCK button on the screen. At first I thought it was a dumb idea, but I'm growing to like it more and more!

--- In janome12000@..., dbsews <no_reply@...> wrote:

The Janome website listed a built in needle threader on the 12000, but I don't see it, looking at photo's of the machine. Does it have a needle threader or not? I can't imagine a TOL without a needle threader.
That's kind of a deal killer for me.
Thanks in Advance,
donna in Ca.

jamiestitcher62 <no_reply@...>

That needle threader on the 7700 was very good and worked every time.  I wish they kept it for the 15000.  I've had the threader replaced once on the 15000 and it's been in the shop like 5 times for the threader.

Linda M

My threader although goes up and down does not thread my machine..  Never worked properly and my dealer is out of province... some 2000 kms away...  I usually thread my machines by hand (not that I have a choice) but I had one of these on my 11000 never liked it.  I prefer the threader on my 7700..

Linda

--
Linda M.

jamiestitcher62 <no_reply@...>

I had taken my machine into the shop again for the threader and also the takeup lever.  That was adjusted as there was something wrong there, however the repair tech got the automatic threader working and did it like 15 times in front of the owner of the shop.  I then come after work to pick it up and we plugged it in and guess what, the threader doesn't work and as many times as we tried it (20 plus) we could not get it to work.I'm happy that I'm not nuts because I seriously think the repair guy thought I didn't have a clue about how to operate this machine.  I have been vindicated.  They kept the machine to look at it again.  We even tried different needles, the part has been replaced already and I'm using the proper size thread.

Shirley <lov2sew@...>

No you are  not nuts!   Same thing with mine

Shirley

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:34 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: Needle Threader

I had taken my machine into the shop again for the threader and also the takeup lever.  That was adjusted as there was something wrong there, however the repair tech got the automatic threader working and did it like 15 times in front of the owner of the shop.  I then come after work to pick it up and we plugged it in and guess what, the threader doesn't work and as many times as we tried it (20 plus) we could not get it to work.I'm happy that I'm not nuts because I seriously think the repair guy thought I didn't have a clue about how to operate this machine.  I have been vindicated.  They kept the machine to look at it again.  We even tried different needles, the part has been replaced already and I'm using the proper size thread.

Linda M

does it go up and down?  Mine does but doesn't thread the machine LOL.  Very annoying but not the end of the world for me..

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:34 AM

I had taken my machine into the shop again for the threader and also the takeup lever.  That was adjusted as there was something wrong there, however the repair tech got the automatic threader working and did it like 15 times in front of the owner of the shop.  I then come after work to pick it up and we plugged it in and guess what, the threader doesn't work and as many times as we tried it (20 plus) we could not get it to work.I'm happy that I'm not nuts because I seriously think the repair guy thought I didn't have a clue about how to operate this machine.  I have been vindicated.  They kept the machine to look at it again.  We even tried different needles, the part has been replaced already and I'm using the proper size thread.

--
Linda M.

jamiestitcher62 <no_reply@...>

Oh yes, it went up and down.  It's not that it's a killer for me to hand thread, but for that kind of money, it should work.  It's the principle of it.