Built in designs on 12000

Anne Stoye

Thank you very much for the advice on preserving the built-in designs on the 12000.  I am very grateful (have installed original Horizon Link from CD Rom, updated it from website and BINGO).

What a lot of knowledge there is within this group and how lucky we are that you share it.

Anne

_._,_._,_

favymtz

If you've installed and used the Horizon Link program the designs are already in your computer.
To find them you just use the program, but this is where they are installed if you'd like to copy and save them for future use on another computer.
  • Horizon Link installs in the C drive of the computer by default
  • Program Files X86
  • Janome
  • Horizon Link
  • Samples
  • Embroidery Designs

--
Favymtz

valora hammond

If you have installed HL on the computer then the designs are already on the computer. Just need to find the folder that they were saved to- I don’t remember where they were installed for the 12. Check documents or research when you open in HL

On Nov 1, 2020, at 7:54 PM, blue_lak via groups.io <blue_lak@...> wrote:

You can use HL to transfer designs from the machine to your PC via the direct cable. The process is the same as when you're transferring to your machine. Open HL on your PC, and go to the File Manager. Open the folder on your PC where you want the file to go to, and open the machine folder your want to transfer from. The difference is to click that center direction arrow from machine to PC. I've only had to do that once, so I'm not sure if you can transfer more than 1 file at a time.
As for Win 10, I seem to recall Jim or someone else mentioning how to install HL for it.
Jan

blue_lak

You can use HL to transfer designs from the machine to your PC via the direct cable. The process is the same as when you're transferring to your machine. Open HL on your PC, and go to the File Manager. Open the folder on your PC where you want the file to go to, and open the machine folder your want to transfer from. The difference is to click that center direction arrow from machine to PC. I've only had to do that once, so I'm not sure if you can transfer more than 1 file at a time.
As for Win 10, I seem to recall Jim or someone else mentioning how to install HL for it.
Jan

Anne Stoye

I’ll be taking my 12000 in for repair within the next few days and it may not be worth repairing – I have had my money’s worth and much pleasure from it.  If it is replacement not repair, is there any way I can get the built-in embroidery designs onto my computer so that I can use them on a replacement machine?

I have had the machine for a long time now and I am several computers later from any software that I may have installed at the time of purchase.  Currently running windows 10 and I have Creative Drawings XI.

My instruction book says that I can use the direct PC link to send designs from my laptop to my machine (but does not mention vice versa) and the Horizon Link software it mentions may not work with Windows 10.  I am not very techie on this kind of thing.  I will have a look for the CD Rom and the cable (I am such a hoarder that they won’t be thrown away despite the length of time involved).

Thanks,

Anne